PDA

View Full Version : Tostiway...

Juiced
13-02-2008, 12:30
My rangers name is Duke Tosti, a Tosti is Dutch for Toast, cheese and ham melted between a sandwhich, preferably eaten with loads of ketchup (heinz of course :grin:) I always put some Italian herbs on them to make them even better, a lovely mess.

Anyways, I was bored the other day and was making a build for AB, in which I wanted to take stupid skills I hardly used before, so I was looking through my wilderness skills and found..

Pestilence; Nature Ritual. Create a level 1...8 Spirit. When any creature within its range dies, Conditions on that creature spread to any creature in the area already suffering from a Condition. This Spirit dies after 30...78 seconds.

I liked it, and started to think a little bit more about it, the more conditions, the more useful this skill, heroway is condition heavy. Why not fit the spirit in a heroway. But then again, there aren't that many conditions in heroway after all. The good old sway used to drown in certain conditions as well, but sway doesn't really work that well anymore. Anyways 2 + 2 made 4, I decided to see if I could combine them. And for me it worked pretty well, so far I beat quite some high ranked teams with the build, played by a r4+ team. So I decided to post the build here and ask for some input, and if it works well for everyone, become famous :tongue:

Trapper 1; 14 WS, 13 expertise, 3 earth magic
Smoke Trap
Barbed Trap
Dust Trap
Trapper's Speed
Grasping Earth
Brambles
Pestilence
Ressurection Signet

Trapper 2; 14 WS, 11 expertise, 9 BM
Spike Trap
Tripwire
Viper's Nest
Barbed Trap
Trapper's Speed
Toxicity
Roaring Winds
Ressurection Signet

2 RaO .. 1 EW and 1 EoE

1 Expel Rit .. standard build

2 n/rt .. 1 WoR and 1 Preservation

1 n/e (tainted hero with wards)

How it worked best for me, trappers first lay their traps, not clustered at the entry point of ur opponents, but just in ur own mid and backline, only spike and barbed go close to the entry routes of ur opponents. Once the first traps are layed they pull back and place their two spirits in a safe spot, and go back trapping around in the open. The rao do the same old same old, go after 8 and 7 in balanced teams, go after 8 and utility if needed. The expel rit echos warmongers when the enemy decides to come over, the rao get the warmongers, splinter on pets and rao in downtime of warmongers. The n/rt do their same old job. Once the enemy is in, the trappers try to trap clusters, escape routes and the enemies backline.

When people start dying, everyone in their team probably meets the condition from pestilence, and besides the normal eoe bomb u now also have (sadly only in the area :tongue:) a pestilence bomb. And as far as I saw, it hurts.

Poison, desease, bleeding, crippled, dazed, blind.. it's NOT funny.

My next step is having the expel rit take fragility or epidemic for prime targets or clusters, dunno how that will work out energy wise though, because it sucks how the rit doesn't have energy management to start with. It worked charm on annihalation, relic runs and cap points (except for the fact some of my r4 guys didn't understand English or hardly knew what to do on a certain map). It failed at king of the hill, but I never liked that style, because ur entire team need to do things right, and right is rather complex and case dependent.

It's a lovely mess :grin:

oles
13-02-2008, 15:55
My rangers name is Duke Tosti, a Tosti is Dutch for Toast, cheese and ham melted between a sandwhich, preferably eaten with loads of ketchup (heinz of course :grin:) I always put some Italian herbs on them to make them even better, a lovely mess.

Anyways, I was bored the other day and was making a build for AB, in which I wanted to take stupid skills I hardly used before, so I was looking through my wilderness skills and found..

Pestilence; Nature Ritual. Create a level 1...8 Spirit. When any creature within its range dies, Conditions on that creature spread to any creature in the area already suffering from a Condition. This Spirit dies after 30...78 seconds.

I liked it, and started to think a little bit more about it, the more conditions, the more useful this skill, heroway is condition heavy. Why not fit the spirit in a heroway. But then again, there aren't that many conditions in heroway after all. The good old sway used to drown in certain conditions as well, but sway doesn't really work that well anymore. Anyways 2 + 2 made 4, I decided to see if I could combine them. And for me it worked pretty well, so far I beat quite some high ranked teams with the build, played by a r4+ team. So I decided to post the build here and ask for some input, and if it works well for everyone, become famous :tongue:

Trapper 1; 14 WS, 13 expertise, 3 earth magic
Smoke Trap
Barbed Trap
Dust Trap
Trapper's Speed
Grasping Earth
Brambles
Pestilence
Ressurection Signet

Trapper 2; 14 WS, 11 expertise, 9 BM
Spike Trap
Tripwire
Viper's Nest
Barbed Trap
Trapper's Speed
Toxicity
Roaring Winds
Ressurection Signet

2 RaO .. 1 EW and 1 EoE

1 Expel Rit .. standard build

2 n/rt .. 1 WoR and 1 Preservation

1 n/e (tainted hero with wards)

How it worked best for me, trappers first lay their traps, not clustered at the entry point of ur opponents, but just in ur own mid and backline, only spike and barbed go close to the entry routes of ur opponents. Once the first traps are layed they pull back and place their two spirits in a safe spot, and go back trapping around in the open. The rao do the same old same old, go after 8 and 7 in balanced teams, go after 8 and utility if needed. The expel rit echos warmongers when the enemy decides to come over, the rao get the warmongers, splinter on pets and rao in downtime of warmongers. The n/rt do their same old job. Once the enemy is in, the trappers try to trap clusters, escape routes and the enemies backline.

When people start dying, everyone in their team probably meets the condition from pestilence, and besides the normal eoe bomb u now also have (sadly only in the area :tongue:) a pestilence bomb. And as far as I saw, it hurts.

Poison, desease, bleeding, crippled, dazed, blind.. it's NOT funny.

My next step is having the expel rit take fragility or epidemic for prime targets or clusters, dunno how that will work out energy wise though, because it sucks how the rit doesn't have energy management to start with. It worked charm on annihalation, relic runs and cap points (except for the fact some of my r4 guys didn't understand English or hardly knew what to do on a certain map). It failed at king of the hill, but I never liked that style, because ur entire team need to do things right, and right is rather complex and case dependent.

It's a lovely mess :grin:

I really like the part about the "lovely mess". Could you post here a recipe on how to make an authentic Dutch tosti? With ketchup/herbs and everything.

(you could probably tell that I was hungy when I was writing this).

BabyJ
14-02-2008, 01:23
I really like the part about the "lovely mess". Could you post here a recipe on how to make an authentic Dutch tosti? With ketchup/herbs and everything.

(you could probably tell that I was hungy when I was writing this).

No kiddin, forget the build lets hear more about this sandwich! :grin:

(waiting on dinner atm) :smiley:

MoonUnit
14-02-2008, 03:26
No kiddin, forget the build lets hear more about this sandwich! :grin:

(waiting on dinner atm) :smiley:

Yeah.. that sandwich sounds tasty.... :wink:

Juiced
14-02-2008, 10:43
Well, there is not really a traditional Dutch tosti, the most basic tosti consists of two slices of white bread, with cheese and ham in between, which is toasted on a gril or a special 'tosti'iron. Variants may include tomato, pineapple or onion rings. It's not common practise but I always use Italian or pizza herbs (latter includes garlic), depending on where I have to go. It's also nice to use herb-butter instead of normal butter for the toasting.

In my opinion a tosti can be everything with two slices of bread (dark bread is healthier) and cheese, as long as it's toasted and eatable. Just experiment away :grin:

And most importantly, do NOT forget the Heinz Tomato Ketchup :tongue:

MoonUnit
15-02-2008, 14:55
Mmmm I make something similar with grilled ham and swiss cheese... on white/wheat bread of course. :wink:

hurric
15-02-2008, 19:23
haha this is awesome. One time too we went to a road trip to seattle and at this harbor we ordered this cheese sandwich it was sooo good even though we were so full.
Brie cheese, pesto, roasted peppers, garlic all melted on a grill soo good :D

Dogbert
15-02-2008, 21:10
But what about the build. Everyone is so excited about this sandwich that they forget the build :)

asxtc
15-05-2008, 13:12
I think the build is good.

cheese is a good elite and compliments the White Bread melee skills.
If your gonna run the Onion variant i would put more points into Herb Butter...the breakpoint is low at 5.

Spam the Ketchup sparingly...and it's a Pwnage build.

Good Work

Trinity Fire Angel
03-06-2008, 05:23
yeah,, it;s a good build. came up against it recently... damn that Olias. I was stupid enuff to try and take him down.... there was no 7,8 so i had no idea of who to hammer apart from getting sucked into the backline traps.

bah... i need to rank up a bit i think.

ymu.... toasti's have been my fav since i was like 7yo. (me @ 32yo now)

Psychotic
03-06-2008, 06:04
I see no reason why you'd run 2 N/Rt over 2 Monks.
The reason N/Rt's were used is for soul reaping (with spirits - before that change) - and unless you put minions on your tainted warder you've got no real reason to run them at all, unless people really can't run monks in HA anymore.
Its not a horrible build but also doesn't seem that special.

Trinity Fire Angel
03-06-2008, 08:51
it also has a lot to do with energizing wind and natures renewal. the N/Rt doesn;t suffer like Monks do under these stresses and rely on certain spirits to do the same work as enchantments...