PDA

View Full Version : My HM Goals could use your help.

Rockweaver
27-02-2008, 17:31
Hi all

On Monday March 2 2008 at 7am pst i am going to start a killing spree.

i have a goal of finishing the missions and bonus for all three chapters. if you see a mission / bonus that you need please feel free to let me know and we can go get it. with the introduction of UW it is much easier to get them done. i will update the list i have and repost as needed. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Now someone asked me why the list is so long. a couple of reasons actually drive this. one is my work schedule and, the other is i get distracted by other peoples in the game that want to finsh something or or another. so please forgive me lol but i do need you.

So on monday i am planning with your help to finish Cantha.
Cantha 10/13 completed
Boreas Seabed
Raisu Palace
Imperial Sanctum

Then on Tuesday i will start on Tyria or Elona (see below for list) as people are willing.
Tyria 8/25 completed
Runes of Surmia
Nolani Academy
D'Alessio Seaboard
Divinity Coast
The Wilds
Bloodstone Fen
Aurora Glade
Riverside Province
Sanctum Cay
Elona Reach
Thirsty River
Dunes of Dispair
Thunderhead Keep
Iron Mines of Moladune
Ice Cave of Sorrow
Ring of Fire
Abaddons Mouth

or Elona
Elona 3/20 completed
JOkanure Diggings
Consulate Docks
Nundu Bay
Kondour Crossroads
Rilohn Refuge
Venta Cemetery
Moddok Crevice
Tihark Orchard
Jennurs Horde
Grand Court....
Dzagonur Bastion
Dasha Vestibule
Gate of Desloation
Ruins of Morah
Gate of Pain
Gate of Madness
ABaddons Gate

Lady Rhonwyn
27-02-2008, 18:15
If I'm online, you may always ask for my assistance...

Jersey
27-02-2008, 20:21
If you see me online I can join too, although I haven't finished Factions in NM yet, so I won't be of any use there.... :smiley:

REI ONRYOU
28-02-2008, 10:18
Are these NM, HM or both? If I come online on Monday, it'll be from around 10/11am PST (same for Tues) at the earliest for a few hours.

I've completed all NM, and some HM here and there. If I'm around, I'll help, and if it's HM I'll do my utmost because I really would like to sort out my Guardian Title.

Rockweaver
28-02-2008, 14:31
yes all are for hard mode. i am also trying for the titles.

Grond.

PS the main reason for the post in this part of the forum is to try and interface with our alliance partners. i hope some of them are free to come also

RheaZahir
28-02-2008, 15:18
Ill join ya when I can. I need most of that too. :)

REI ONRYOU
28-02-2008, 16:04
I suggest you try to do Tihark Orchard and Venta Cemetary before Mon/Tues, since both are very easy, even in HM.

Tihark Orcchard is solo anyway. Just follow the advice on the Wiki and it's an incredibly easy walk.
Venta Cemetary has about 8+ Monk NPCs, so you can just bring offensive Heroes with you and storm through it. You could even (although carefully) run the end once you've got all 12 sentries.

These two can be done in 1-1.5 hours without trouble.

Egal
29-02-2008, 02:10
I'm rarely on at the same time, but if I am, I may be able to join in. I've just about H/H'ed my way through Tyria and have all of Elona to do. Tyria was easy for the most part, so I'm confident I can actually make a useful contribution :grin:.

No good on Cantha; my Guardian aspirant - my Mesmer - has barely set foot in the place.

Rockweaver
29-02-2008, 11:52
everyone is welcome to come heck i am not the expert just the old guy. but i suspect that we shall have fun anyway.

Grond

REI ONRYOU
03-03-2008, 10:59
Not long to go. I'll be there to join you with the venture ASAP. Just....7 hours to go till I'm home.

Rockweaver
04-03-2008, 04:59
A big Thank you to the following for helping me get Guardian of Cantha

Divine Foor, Gwens Arrows, Light of Surmia, Bailey Scarr, Rei Onryou

remaining list of mission i need to accomplish for the titles in tyria and elona. you are all welcome to come and finish with me.

Tyria 8/25
Runes of Surmia
Nolani Academy
D'Alessio Seaboard
Divinity Coast
The Wilds
Bloodstone Fen
Aurora Glade
Riverside Province
Sanctum Cay
Elona Reach
Thirsty River
Dunes of Dispair
Thunderhead Keep
Iron Mines of Moladune
Ice Cave of Sorrow
Ring of Fire
Abaddons Mouth

Elona 5/20
JOkanure Diggings
Consulate Docks
Nundu Bay
Kondour Crossroads
Rilohn Refuge
Moddok Crevice
Jennurs Horde
Grand Court....
Dzagonur Bastion
Dasha Vestibule
Gate of Desloation
Ruins of Morah
Gate of Pain
Gate of Madness
ABaddons Gate

REI ONRYOU
04-03-2008, 10:19
If you don't mind waiting until I get home (6.30pm GMT) to do some of those Elonian ones, I have a proposal for you. We do them backwards. Start with Abaddon's Gate, then Gate of Madness -> Gate of Pain -> ..... and so on.

This way, the missions everyone hates to try and do will definitely get done, and it'll only get easier as we go on. I think I've completed 7-9 missions so far, mostly the starting ones.

How does it sound?

Rockweaver
04-03-2008, 13:22
painful lol but i am willing as long as i am up. hmm lset see 6:30 pm gmt is ~12.:30 local i think

well we shall see how we do

Blocks
04-03-2008, 14:45
I'm soooo there.. if I happen to be online. Work is kicking my backside at the moment so I'm not on as often as I'd like.

I've only completed a few early missions in Tyria. Everything else is yet to be done. On my monk that is. Other characters don't matter to me when it comes to getting titles.

Rockweaver
04-03-2008, 15:35
i understand my tank is my primary for getting the titles. if time remains then someday my monk will but for now its my tank

REI ONRYOU
05-03-2008, 10:02
Well, we tried a few missions, and in a lot of them, our butts got kicked.

Abbadon's Gate - Best we did (in about 3-5 attempts) was get 75% of his health down, but when a Torment Claw spawned next to the Hero Monks, and they were far away from us, that was it. Instant death for them. We really need human Monks, since they're smart enough to run away from them.
Fail

Rilohn Refuge - After a first attempt that we lost out at the Drought (no Winter or Daze), Grond disappeared into RL quickly. Aaron and myself tried again (with the aforementioned Winter and Daze) and bulldozed it. Grond came back, and we repeated it again.
Win

Moddock Crevice - Evil evil evil. The Runners were tough to slow down (and I kept running in too soon), then Grond had an evil RL d/c. Aaron and myself tried again, got the runners, and promptly got crushed by Bayel and his Hunger. We didn't have enough firepower to take out the archers above, nor to kill either of the bosses.
Epic Fail

Kodonur Crossroads - 3 UB and heroes = epic win. Near fatal wipe at the end was averted thank to Aaron being the only one left alive, and tactically rezzing the Rebirth Monk before we crushed the final baddies.
Epic Win

Where's Cyn and Jack when you need them, eh? :wink:

So....what missions do you want to do next Grond?

Cardinal Cyn
05-03-2008, 10:36
Where's Cyn and Jack when you need them, eh? :wink:

Seek and ye shall find...

I've been playing titan quest (Steam was selling it + the immortal throne expansion for $19.95 which is about 12 quid once VAT is added... bargain!) but if you really need help with stuff, I can come if you let me know when you're planning to do it. Just ask.

Note though, I refuse to team with Ursans (are you listening Grond). I've already upset a few alliance members with that stance but I stand by it.

Rockweaver
05-03-2008, 12:44
Cyn

i have no problem with your views on UW. in truth i only started using it in the last ~15 days mainly due to the number of players using the build. So should you want to come i have no problem using my standard tank build. if a team requires it i have no problem with using a UW build. i want to finish the game in hardmode and will do so but, only with the help of my friends, guildmates and alliance. while many of our members are much better players than i am, and can HH the missions with there eyes closed i can not. i freely admit i lack that skill set.

So long story short if you want to come and help me that is great. if you dont i understand, and that is ok also. i must confess that you seem to have a magical skill in this game that makes it go better for everyone on the team your on. and i would be very glad to have you along.

Grond

REI ONRYOU
05-03-2008, 14:05
What Grond said. I only use UW if that's the way the team is heading. I'm more than happy to run a typical build of mine, or speciality as needed.

I'm next free on Thursday from about 10pm GMT, maybe earlier.

Cardinal Cyn
05-03-2008, 17:54
I'm next free on Thursday from about 10pm GMT, maybe earlier.

May not be able to make that time. Got a management company meeting for my block of flats tomorrow evening. Might be finished by 10pm but can't be sure.

REI ONRYOU
06-03-2008, 10:40
Don't worry too much if you're not around. I've enough tasks to do to keep me busy.

Plus, I'd like to try to get my Mesmer to Lvl1 Survivor. Currently 17 at Bloodstone Fen. So I may try to play her for a bit (but really need real people help too).

Rockweaver
14-06-2008, 12:16
with the help of many in the alliance i have finished cantha and Tyria currently working my way through elona both vanquishing and Mission / bonus. if you see me online and need one pm me i am always glad for the company.

Grond The Meateater

Egal
15-06-2008, 02:51
My experience has been that Guardianizing Elona's a little tougher than the rest. For a start, you can't get lazy and Sabway everything because of the mission Hero requirements, though I'd argue that this is actually a good thing.

Not a real big fan of those Kournan Scribes either, though we have Pain Inverter these days. If you're running a MM PI should really be reserved for the Whirling D. Rangers though. It might not be the best way to deal with them but it's the funniest.

Be happy to help with missions if I'm available.

Fumie Yamamori
15-06-2008, 22:49
I finally got an access to GW. Yay:D
I would like to join you if I am available and if you don't mind that I only have a warrior char.

Fumie:)