PDA

View Full Version : New to HA...some advice please?

Drake Kulai
27-03-2008, 03:27
So, I've just returned to the game and I'm interested in playing in HA, but the builds have changed drastically from what I used when I played, so I need to learn some new ones. I'm prophecies only and only really have 2 characters to work with unless I delete one to make pvp.

I have a necro with ALL necro/mes/monk skills, and 3 sets of armor (so I have each of the superiors available to me. I prefer to play with my necro since I have much more experience with her.
I also have a monk that's probably more ideal, since healers are rarer, are they not? My monk has all monk spells and most mesmer. With 51 skill points, it wouldn't be hard to pick up what ever I'm missing. I've always been good at quickly choosing which spell is best cast on which people, but not always great at remembering complicated cycles.

Are there any commonly used or general use builds for either necro or monk? :huh:

Qanar
27-03-2008, 08:19
You would probaly be best off using a Pvp character anyway. The recent trend is that higher hp is better and most people don't use superior or major runes anymore.

Drake Kulai
27-03-2008, 08:23
I caved in an bought an extra slot for pvp anyway, just practicing in random and team arenas, but I still cant find a good description of updated builds.
The ones I see requested are mostly for elementalists. I suppose I could learn them if I unlocked the skills, but I would prefer to play a class I know.

Psychotic Death X
27-03-2008, 13:12
With a proph only account you are going to really struggle to find a decent team in HA. The majoritory of skills will come from at least 2 of the different campagins.

That said, you could probaly get away on a Word of Healing Infuse Monk.

Kintook Killer
30-03-2008, 21:57
Your best bet would just be check PvX Wiki, looking through some of the regular or team build they have there, just to see what the HA Meta is at the moment, then sorta' build up your own knowlege, then just start testing some things out or something.

eddie the reaper
31-03-2008, 13:10
Mmm with only Prophecies there's no way you'll find a halfway decent group for HA, in otherwords, one that actually requires you to ping your build or one that isn't randomway, so your really not gonna get far. Even in places like RA you're really putting yourself at a disadvantage without the other 3 campaigns.

As for builds, as people have already said, 99% will require at least 2 KEY skills from other campaigns.