PDA

View Full Version : New Locations?

Arthur Victus
06-04-2008, 08:27
Has there been any announcements as to some of the areas to be in GW2?
For instance are they going to expand on the existing Area concept of Ascalon, Cantha, and Kamadan? Or are they going to be generating a whole new map unrelated to the current status of the game?

Your thoughts?

ShadowReapr
06-04-2008, 10:54
Well, they mention about how Joko more or less took hold of Elona - whether or not we can go southwards will remain to be seen.

Cantha, on the other hand, is under EXTREEEEME lockdown by the 'current' emperor. Can you say 'expansion'?

I reckon, they'll extend Tyria a little further north (especially to accomodate the Charr), and use the excuse of the GW:EN earthquakes and dragons to... multiply the area in size, if you know what I mean.

Rockweaver
06-04-2008, 12:20
they have already mentioned in a differant post that Orr has risen from the bottom of the ocean again. this caused lions arch to flood turning it into a den of thieves etc... so yes there will be new lands etc. also they mentioned that the charr and norn have moved south as the north is not a save place to live. i recall something about a dragon in the north.

captain lucky
06-04-2008, 13:19
I have a feeling that we wont see Cantha or Elona until expansions hit. I have a feeling the Crystal Desert will be taken out of the Tryia map for now and possibly merged with Elona's while the North will replace the missing Desert. As for new locations lets face it that Tidal Wave will have drastically shifted Southern Tryia's map.

Lanyare
06-04-2008, 13:55
they have already mentioned in a differant post that Orr has risen from the bottom of the ocean again. this caused lions arch to flood turning it into a den of thieves etc... so yes there will be new lands etc. also they mentioned that the charr and norn have moved south as the north is not a save place to live. i recall something about a dragon in the north.

Always been very eager to see some of Orr for once. So I really hope they put that in.

Kos Luftar
06-04-2008, 16:20
Has there been any announcements as to some of the areas to be in GW2?
For instance are they going to expand on the existing Area concept of Ascalon, Cantha, and Kamadan? Or are they going to be generating a whole new map unrelated to the current status of the game?

Your thoughts?

If you go to Guild Wars Wiki site they have a whole page of information about the "Movement of the World" that was released to PC Gamer while ago on their special Guild Wars Edition.

The Sins We Die By
06-04-2008, 18:39
I think we'll see all the dragon's in the first game. Though maybe it wouldn't hurt to release it at first with only a couple of them in it so that they can work on the rest while players enjoy :P

But I don't see them revealing information and not putting it into the first release. Hopefully if they do come out with expansions though the effects of added content are thought out well to prevent issues regarding balance.

Ace Bear
06-04-2008, 18:54
Tyria. That is all we get in the first part. Expansions or huge updates...who knows?

Derked
10-04-2008, 16:48
Anet have much space to work with, that empty space above Kryta for example. Another one is Maguuma there is a lot of empty space there too, so Anet can make GW2 very large. That might be what we need, if they plan to go all the way with unlimited level cap and those things.