PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Feannag
21-04-2008, 12:44
First Capcom vs Marvel, then Star Wars characters added to another fighting game (can't remember which offhand), now this...
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/xbox-360/news/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-first-trailer/a-200804189373994062/g-20060321132945404017

Lyger
21-04-2008, 13:27
That is made of serious win. WANT.

Aretelio
21-04-2008, 14:45
Looks pretty cool.

The DC characters would own the Mortal Kombat characters just on principle, mind you.

Sir Jack
21-04-2008, 15:26
Aw crap...

Scorpion vs Batman

*explodes*

Also: this = win! (http://www.godmodeonline.com/)

Feannag
21-04-2008, 15:31
I'm wondering about Batman's fatality move, since he (or pretty much any other DC character) doesn't kill.

Sir Jack
21-04-2008, 15:38
From the looks of the trailer, it seems to be a lot less bloody than the normal Mortal Kombat series, so I actually doubt they'll put in Fatalities, if only to avoid showing Batman being ripped in half and then his torso crushed...

If he does have one, I'm guessing it's a bunch of Batarangs being thrown into his opponent's defenseless corpse, then a nice decapitation.

Zalis
21-04-2008, 16:37
About time someone else cashed in on the Smash Brothers concept. (although I suppose Marvel vs Capcom was first)

/edit after watching trailer

Why do all of these fighting games decide "the fate of the universe" or some such? Can't we all just fight to the death to decide who buys lunch?

ReZon
21-04-2008, 17:45
Well, I suppose I'll be the first to say that I think this is a stupid concept. Just like I think Star Wars in Soul Calibur is stupid (as was Spawn, Heihachi(sp), and Link).

Just not a huge fan of crossovers like this.

jmervyn
21-04-2008, 19:10
Why do all of these fighting games decide "the fate of the universe" or some such? Can't we all just fight to the death to decide who buys lunch?I prefer death-matches over marketing and copyright issues.

Mends
21-04-2008, 20:29
I can't wait for Subzero vs. Robin!

Sir Jack
21-04-2008, 20:31
Shiva vs Robin:

Robin: Oh no, more touching hands. Ahh. Ahh. AAAAAAAAH!

Tru Reptile
21-04-2008, 21:02
Well, I suppose I'll be the first to say that I think this is a stupid concept. Just like I think Star Wars in Soul Calibur is stupid (as was Spawn, Heihachi(sp), and Link).

Just not a huge fan of crossovers like this.

I think I'd have to agree (although I did like Marvel vs capcom). I'm also pretty sure that, thanks to DC, characters won't have fatalities, which is a big 'WTF?' considering that's an important trademark to the series. I don't know why Midway just didn't concentrate on making a definitive MK game instead of jumping on the crossover bandwagon.

Gaendaal
22-04-2008, 00:11
This is bizarre. One on one, Batman's hard enough but how are any of the Mortal Kombat characters going to stand up to someone like Superman or Green Lantern?

Jax The Malevolent
22-04-2008, 02:05
This is a horrible idea. No fatalities either, even worse. Why dont they just fix the horrendous fighting engine mk has always had and give us a decent MK game. There was a time when MK was a contender in the fighting game genre, now look at it.

Mends
22-04-2008, 03:28
Haha. Superman vs a MK character would go something like this I think: MK character uses every move possible. Superman just stands there with his cape blowing majesticly in the wind. Superman flies around the earth, reversing time, until the MK character is an enfant, then punts them to the moon.

Manwithtwohands
22-04-2008, 04:39
The MK characters seemed very interesting, but the fighting system seemed like it wasn't very well defined.
I hope that they don't believe all that's necessary is just combine interesting characters from 2 different worlds without making an interesting combat system.

Does anyone remember the first MK? Half the buttons didn't have any difference in what you did. High Punch and Low Punch only did two different things if you were standing, not if used to do a special move, or jumping move, or crouching move. Same with Kicks.
And I still don't know the purpose of the low kicks in MK. They were too slow to be poke moves, were the weakest of counters and did not have the farthest extension. It's as though the concept of range/speed/power hadn't even been considered.

That was only the first game though. It seems the later games began to define their combat system better. Although I feel the whole style switching, tekken style system the newer games have is thinning away MK's identity.

Heavens Angel
22-04-2008, 05:00
im sorry but when i saw this on ign the other day i kinder just thought theres no way im going to get this lol unless superman can use his laser eyes as a fatality.

which by what the interviewer said on ign thats not the case

Tom Nook
22-04-2008, 11:53
I think I'd have to agree (although I did like Marvel vs capcom). I'm also pretty sure that, thanks to DC, characters won't have fatalities, which is a big 'WTF?' considering that's an important trademark to the series. I don't know why Midway just didn't concentrate on making a definitive MK game instead of jumping on the crossover bandwagon.

There won't be fatalities at all.
They'll probably replace them with a mechanic for turning them into babies or animals.

This is bizarre. One on one, Batman's hard enough but how are any of the Mortal Kombat characters going to stand up to someone like Superman or Green Lantern?

It'll be a yellow sun or magical interference. :rolleyes:

Feannag
22-04-2008, 14:48
Of course they could include some of DC's villains.
Or Lobo. Now there's some potential for messy fatalities....