PDA

View Full Version : exhibition matches

Quick Rinoa
28-05-2008, 10:14
Hello all.

I have acouple of a noobie questions to ask regarding the exhibition matches which appear on ob's.

Who are these exhibitions for and how are the competitors selected?

Thanks for your time.

Yue
28-05-2008, 18:41
The exhibition matches are of a fairly large third-party euro tournament. I don't think they put all of the matches on obs though, only ones of top ranked guilds. The tournament itself is fairly long, spanning a month I believe. The prizes are also pretty decent, but it's for euros only.

It's not a noobie question at all; they don't really mention what the matches are for anywhere on their website or elsewhere.

Siriusbg
28-05-2008, 23:40
uhhh :o didn't know that. but good to know, but if i can ask, how many guilds are normally in that tournament? now when you say they only show the highranked=)

Ranger Nietzsche
29-05-2008, 03:18
I thought it was that Euro tournament, but it was nigh impossible to find that out from an official source

Yue
29-05-2008, 05:12
uhhh :o didn't know that. but good to know, but if i can ask, how many guilds are normally in that tournament? now when you say they only show the highranked=)

Hard to say...I only know of the ones on the high end of the ladder (and those are the ones who are really competing anyway), so I'm guessing maybe around 20? Possibly more if there are any outside of the top 100 participating.

Smite goes forums
30-05-2008, 13:20
the exhibition tournaments shown currently are the game star league, they put the two "most interesting" matches on observer each week.

Quick Rinoa
30-05-2008, 17:22
I had envisioned these gvg's being used by anet as sales tools during gaming expo's and possibly the guilds themselves invited to attend.

Thank you for answering my questions and giving me the low down on what is really happening.

Yue
30-05-2008, 19:49
I had envisioned these gvg's being used by anet as sales tools during gaming expo's and possibly the guilds themselves invited to attend.

If they had done that, gvg wouldn't be so dead.