PDA

View Full Version : sooo, W/Mo's in GvG? yay or nay? (or maybe an "eh..."?)

lmaonade
19-06-2008, 06:10
i've played guild wars for quite a while now, and by that i mean around 2 years lol.

this is my 2nd time coming back, ive taken 2 "short breaks" from the game and each time i come back, i find that many things have changed (duh... >.>).

i was just wondering whether Whammo's are still useable for ANYTHING useful in GvG anymore?

oh and another thing, i still only have the original campaign, no NF or Factions or EotN. and i know that that narrows the number of builds i can use down to... well, nothing, in my mind.

so i was wondering if anyone can think of a build for Whammo in GvG, with stock skills from prophecies only.

thanks in advance! =D

Yue
19-06-2008, 08:21
Were wammos ever useful in GvG?

click
19-06-2008, 08:37
[Signet of Judgment]

*cough*yue*cough*

Mister Smartypants
19-06-2008, 09:25
Were wammos ever useful in GvG?

Apparently so (http://guildwars.incgamers.com/showpost.php?p=5365227&postcount=11).

:shocked:

click
19-06-2008, 09:29
I would venture a disclaimer, but I don't think the people who would need it visit this part of the forum.

Also, I'll go ahead and answer the op's question to save time: no.

Akirai Annuvil
19-06-2008, 12:40
so i was wondering if anyone can think of a build for Whammo in GvG, with stock skills from prophecies only.
Nope. If you had NF, I could imagine running mtouch, but it wouldn't be my first recommendation.

Shock axe still works with prophs only skills, though you'll miss out on body blow.

Mister Smartypants
19-06-2008, 12:57
I would venture a disclaimer, but I don't think the people who would need it visit this part of the forum.

I know, I was just being baed, couldn't resist it. :embarassed: What is it with people wanting to play such a godawful stereotype in PvP, anyway? Is it just to prove that it can be done, or something?

shawn
19-06-2008, 13:28
[Signet of Judgment]

*cough*yue*cough*
Ah, that was good times. I liked the tourney match where [ocho] specced us with a bunch of anti-KDs (and still got rocked). The match before, SJ was raging so hard that Muse complained she couldn't concentrate, so he played the entire second match with his mic shut off.

Yue
19-06-2008, 15:19
It was actually a pretty fun bar to run.

shawn
19-06-2008, 15:33
That meta sucked to play in, though. All the blind, spirits, blocking, and of course hexes and sins on jade. It was a constant stream of warrior-*****ing.

lmaonade
20-06-2008, 00:29
lol i thought not, well the last time i was still playing (which was like maybe 5-7 months ago?) Whammo's were already dying out anyway, although there was this one guild who still used W/Mo's at the time, they had a signet that purges various hexes/conditions i believe, but since i havent played in so long, i forgot what it was called >.>

lol thanks for the reply tho =)

ibudgie
20-06-2008, 05:55
W/Mo sorta fizzed out, the search for more damage lead to the W/E with shock/conjure etc. There are some interesting things you can do with the W/Rt apart from death pact. W/R lets you use of Antidote Sig for blind removal to help the Monk's energy pool. A problem at the moment is condition spam right across the team, think Wounding Strike, poison etc. so the poor old RC Monk is getting pretty busy, and might take a while to clean Sig. of Midnight off the frontline. A Signet of Midnight Me/N with Plague Sending can really pump out the blindness with much better duration than a B-surge but for a lot less energy cost.

Akaraxle
25-06-2008, 10:36
There's realistically only one wammo you'll ever run, and it'll be a split character with Mending Touch. Some people ran SoJ or WoH wammos, but tbh the "fun" factor stands out more than the "effective" factor for me.