PDA

View Full Version : Interiors for structures

DarkWasp
25-06-2008, 17:44
I'd personaly like to see building interiors in all or mostly all buildings. If they made them purposeful it wouldn't be a wasted effort.

Imagine like a huge hotel sort of thing in one of the main cities.

While you've got some people staying in rooms:
(Sleeping, AFKing, having meetings, RP'ing, Selling drugs.. I mean ectos, attempting to cyber with the randomest emotes)

You've also got people on the roof partying:
(Jumping/Falling off into the market below, getting drunk, shooting off fireworks, spamming each other)

Then ofcoarse there are the people below trying to conduct serious buissness as people constantly fall (and sometimes die) from the roof around them.

It could also add to the possible quest options. Like go spy on this house and see who goes in and out, if this character goes out follow him (through the city hall) and see what hes up to.

I guess im just one of those guys who cant stand to see a bunch of buildings with doors that you cant open

raspberry jam
25-06-2008, 19:06
I'd personaly like to see building interiors in all or mostly all buildings.Yes that would be nice, at least with some buildings.

Imagine like a huge hotel sort of thing in one of the main cities.

While you've got some people staying in rooms:
(Sleeping, AFKing, having meetings, RP'ing, Selling drugs.. I mean ectos, attempting to cyber with the randomest emotes)

You've also got people on the roof partying:
(Jumping/Falling off into the market below, getting drunk, shooting off fireworks, spamming each other)

Then ofcoarse there are the people below trying to conduct serious buissness as people constantly fall (and sometimes die) from the roof around them.

It could also add to the possible quest options. Like go spy on this house and see who goes in and out, if this character goes out follow him (through the city hall) and see what hes up to....wtf

Saury
25-06-2008, 19:50
I like the idea of interiors, especially since it is something quite common in most RPGs. For starters we could at least have some of the NPCs (e.g merchant) inside a building and not outside. The interiors add a bit to the feeling of discovery; there could even be some chests or shelves or something like that where you could find/store/unlock items...:smiley:
Anyway, in my opinion it would make the cities more lively and it would add something more to the game.
If we, players, could vote for the features to have in GW2, this one is certainly among those for which I would definetly vote:rolleyes:

Saury

Lanyare
25-06-2008, 20:25
Not something I'd call a priority perhaps, but I've also always regretted that we cannot enter a lot of the buildings. They wouldn't even have to be made purposeful either for me, but off course it'd be a plus.

It'd at least force them to make their buildings of realistic sizes, because right now, some of those in the environments really do not look like they're meant or humans.

Lamuness
25-06-2008, 20:32
...wtf

I agree with you raspberry.

I said it in another post, and I'll say it again. Please think about what you are suggesting before suggesting it. We don't need quests and gameplay mechanics created around strange things or even things that are there just for the sake of being there. People do weird things regardless so you don't need to worry yourself about this.

That being said, as much as I would like interiors for all buildings, only SOME or even MOST of the buildings should have interiors. The only drawback of having interiors in all buildings is that it will put more work on the devs, and you will end up with houses that pretty much look the same.

It'd at least force them to make their buildings of realistic sizes, because right now, some of those in the environments really do not look like they're meant or humans.

It's just the way they decided to make their game. If things weren't larger than life scale, the game wouldn't look as grandiose as it does now. Lots of other games do the same. As long as the doors are the right size, they can make the buildings whatever size they want. The larger the more epic these backgrounds look. I actually like the scale we're at now.

DarkWasp
26-06-2008, 03:45
...wtf

Just trying to imagine the extra fun it would add, while imagining what the GW community would really do. I mean i've seen players do some funny stuff, even without towers.

As for the quests, those stalk/pickpocket/assassinate quests have always been my favorite. Atleast in the games that have them. I think they have these sort of quests already in GW1, but you can't tell because your suspect stands in the middle of a field.

Wethospu
26-06-2008, 09:20
Fine with me, I like freedom.

They should make a good game. Lots of unique features would make the game unique.

Akirai Annuvil
26-06-2008, 13:05
raspberry noted the essentials of my stream o' thought in so few words; a true feat.

Jair of the Forest
26-06-2008, 16:03
Sure with the actual idea.
No with the rest of OP.

Arkhan The Black
26-06-2008, 16:40
Yeah sure why not. The lack of building interiors in GW has always disappointed me.

Lamuness
26-06-2008, 16:41
raspberry noted the essentials of my stream o' thought in so few words; a true feat.

I think I'm starting to see, as well as raspberry, why you have a certain tone when responding to posts. :rolleyes:

sorudo
26-06-2008, 22:36
would be fun, based on an early idea i made.....but ppl compared it with the sims....i know, some ppl are closed minded all the way.

Flamefang of Arnor
26-06-2008, 22:47
I'd personaly like to see building interiors in all or mostly all buildings. If they made them purposeful it wouldn't be a wasted effort.....

It could also add to the possible quest options. Like go spy on this house and see who goes in and out, if this character goes out follow him (through the city hall) and see what hes up to.

I guess im just one of those guys who cant stand to see a bunch of buildings with doors that you cant open

ok i really agree with the first part Guild Wars 2 really needs building interiors... look at most of the buildings in the game... thay have doors.... and then you ask "well i wonder what this building is for" or "why is this here". it adds a sense of realness to the game and just makes lots of things more fun..

i mean what if you are journeying through the freezing shiverpeaks.... there's a camp ahead.... a warm glow emanates from the windows and the smell of food and drink wafts from the door. wait a minuite! the door is completely sealed! this poor hungry adventurer wants food, drink and warmth so he walks up to the door... oops.. theres no handle.... how did the people get inside? i don't know! so now the adventurer walks over to a tent and oh look.... the glow of a warm fire shines out of the single window.... except for the fact that it doesnt have a door.... and the tent fabric is as hard as rock....:cry:

ok my little rant thing is finished...

so i think the part you mention about the quests is interesting and actually sounds alot like Oblivion...

and well the last part... let me tell you i am exactly the same i hate closed doors!:wink:

~Flamefang of Arnor

P.S. if you like this topic go and check out the "Of towns and cities in Guild Wars 2" thread.

SpitfireIXA
26-06-2008, 23:38
That would be good. I am another who has always hated the lack of an indoors.
Also, with the new Z-axis, you can even have multi-story buildings. Think of that!

Lanyare
27-06-2008, 19:28
It's just the way they decided to make their game. If things weren't larger than life scale, the game wouldn't look as grandiose as it does now. Lots of other games do the same. As long as the doors are the right size, they can make the buildings whatever size they want. The larger the more epic these backgrounds look. I actually like the scale we're at now.

Actually, I have been thinking that a lot of buildings are too small for humans to fit in. A lot of houses in Kryta for example, and even more throughout Nightfall. Tiny doors and tiny windows, and the building only as tall as my character when I place myself right in front of it. :tongue:

They did announce a certain degree of interactiveness with the environment though, so I reckon a few interiors for some buildings might be part of that, too.

Arkhan The Black
28-06-2008, 15:40
I also noticed that some places are badly in need of doors.

Akirai Annuvil
28-06-2008, 17:00
I think I'm starting to see, as well as raspberry, why you have a certain tone when responding to posts. :rolleyes:

They're stupid?