PDA

View Full Version : What Do you like most about GW2 so far?

Tro
11-07-2008, 04:36
I like how they are increasing the lvl cap, and adding World PvP.

What you like?:laugh::sunny::brainiac::laughing:

kookkamajunga
11-07-2008, 04:45
New graphics. I built a new PC a while ago and I want to get the most out of it.

That and persistance

But I'm sure I will find a new favorite quality as more info is released

yawgmoth
11-07-2008, 07:41
3 biggest things for me:

1. No more limitations of PvE character development and equipment caused by the need of a perfectly balanced PvP. This opens a whole new world of possibilities!

2. And there's still the balanced competetive PvP which was the main reason I stayed with GW1 for all those years! Yay!

3. Persistent world and more freedom of movement/character control. Almost certainly full 3D this time. Lack of those was a very weak side of GW1.

Tom Nook
11-07-2008, 14:09
Its title. :laugh:

raspberry jam
11-07-2008, 15:15
So far from what I've read about the setting of the game, I like the progressive politics of Palawa Joko. If he was real I'd definitely vote for him.

Also, GW2 seems to be highly rewarding to those who spend a lot of time on it. Seeing as I play GW1 for 4-6 hours per day, this is good news.

Wonderboy Jack
11-07-2008, 15:18
Also, GW2 seems to be highly rewarding to those who spend a lot of time on it. Seeing as I play GW1 for 4-6 hours per day, this is good news.

As long as its not through grind ok.

I'm looking forward to GW2 in general not because of what they've said about it, but for how much I loved GW1 and How greatly Anet designs games.

Jair of the Forest
11-07-2008, 15:35
I like the quite original races. And the world you play in.

Alaris
11-07-2008, 16:20
The goods:
New races, all of them. I might even play an Asura.
Persistant areas, and soloable content. Very nice. I also like instances.
New / retouched profs. I like trying new things.
HoM is (soon) account-based.

The undecided:
Higher / no level cap. If it's recognition of experience, then good. If it's grind and discrimination, then bad.
Higher importance of equipment. If it's diversity, then good. If it's grind, then bad.

The bad:
No more H&H. A single companion seems limited. I like to play solo, but also like to play in H&H teams.
Click-to-move is gone.

Master Mxyzptlk
11-07-2008, 16:24
Pretty much the redesigned professions, plus maybe the chance to play as other races.

as for the wow-ification of GW... I'm skeptical but hopeful that Anet has learned from GW1 and knows better than to make a game that punishes me for having a life/job.

tommynj
11-07-2008, 20:26
No idea what I like, we haven't seen anything.

Master Mxyzptlk
11-07-2008, 20:45
okay, let me step in and rephrase for the OP, to clear up the apparent confusion:

"What do you like most about what we've heard about GW2"

MiatheHierophant
11-07-2008, 20:59
Z-axis....I want to see what the world looks like from up on that rock over there...:wink:

Other than that, there's a lot of good things rumored, but I prefer to wait and see than to speculate.

katherinetheblood
11-07-2008, 21:18
Its not what I have seen but what I haven't seen that excites me. The possiblity of a new game, the moment I create my new characters, the moment I set foot in the new Tyria. All of that makes my heart just soar. No one really knows each other in GW2, sure you might have people you know from GW1 but the possiblities are endless. You might end up being friends with someone you hated in GW1 because you don't know who they are and they don't know who you are. Its just all the the different things that could happen...it's wild.

But of what we have seen, the Event announcements, fighting of Dragons with possibly 100+ people and the Z-axis sounds interesting.

sorudo
11-07-2008, 21:21
that it's not released yet.

Nikhera
11-07-2008, 22:13
1. World PvP.

2. World PvP.

3. World PvP.

...oh and, I guess I like the races, persistence, z-axis, soloable content and anti-grind philosophy thing too.

I Sangre Nueva I
12-07-2008, 00:31
I love all of the concept art they've given us. Oh wait...

Tro
12-07-2008, 05:25
What if GW2 turned out to be a MMO combo of

Everquest + Warhammer+ Age of Conan+ WoW

all with Guild Wars mechanics?

Would you play it?

Nemeon Lion
12-07-2008, 10:54

Would you play it?

If it has Guild Wars mechanics, it can't be a combo of Everquest+Warhammer+AoC+WoW.

Guild Wars architecture is mutually exclusive to all those games.

sorudo
12-07-2008, 11:59

Would you play it?
it all depends what part from which game.

SibbTigre
12-07-2008, 13:12
What do I like most about GW2 so far.

People are making speculations, assumptions and wild theories that are almost as fun as playing a game..

Apple Tox
12-07-2008, 17:09
What do I like most about GW2 so far.

People are making speculations, assumptions and wild theories that are almost as fun as playing a game..

Oddly Enough...This is my favorite part too. :grin:

~Apple

casserole
14-07-2008, 15:32
Its not what I have seen but what I haven't seen that excites me. The possiblity of a new game, the moment I create my new characters, the moment I set foot in the new Tyria. All of that makes my heart just soar.

That new car smell...

Everything is fresh and new and exciting. It does not always occur for me because sometimes a game just doesn't grab me right away, as GW did. When it happens though, it is a fantastic feeling.

As for what I like the most from what I've read? It seems as if Anet is going to take much of what really worked in GW and add to that by improving on what could have been better. Creating a deeper, more rewarding PvE game while keeping the sanctity of a fair, consistent PvP game. I hope that GW2 is also a game that a casual player (or anyone who doesn't have 20+ hours a week to play) can enjoy most everything the game has to offer.