PDA

View Full Version : Istan Leveling Techniques?

The Silent Runer
13-07-2008, 05:48
Is there any easy way for a new Nightfall character to Level up on Istan? Or possibly a technique or something?

Nochtflamir
13-07-2008, 07:48
Do the primary quests and take all bounties, when you get to where you have to be First Spear, there is a large group of low level skale just a bit inside Fahranur, First City and a scout with skale bounty on the right as you enter.

Kalidri
13-07-2008, 10:57
If I am in a huge hurry, I will take my character to do Fedex quests in Kaineng city at 3k xp a pop, come back and power through the low level quests/missions to get the sunspear and battle rewards. Once on the mainland I get the rest of my sunspear points for general killing bugs outside of Yohlon in hardmode and doing the Building the Base series of quests and the Dejarin Estate series (each is about 600 sunspear + kournan coins and money).

Overall though, there are plenty of quests in Istan to get you to 13-14th level and that's not even doing all of them.

The Silent Runer
13-07-2008, 22:01
What do you mean by Fedex quests and how can I get to Kaineng city?

Nochtflamir
14-07-2008, 02:51
Fedex quests...common in most RPG's., be they online or not, are "run here and collect X of this item" type quests.

BrotherGrimm
11-09-2008, 22:15
A Nightfall character can't GET to Kaineng City early on. Technically, you can't travel there until after you complete "The Time is Nigh" quest. I've heard claims that you can get "ferried" there but there are VERY specific restrictions on who can do the ferrying and it can only be done once (by the Ferrying toon). It's NOT like ferrying to the Counsilate Docks where the "ferrier" can carry lowbies over, drop the quest and do it again and again (as long as they don't accept the reward for the quest). Once you travel from one Chapter to another via the quest that allows the ferry to happen, you can never do that travel quest again. It's a one shot deal. This means that there will NOT be tons of people selling ferry service for this like they do dock ferries.

nkuvu
11-09-2008, 23:37
You can ferry people to Cantha or Lion's Arch repeatedly -- it just can't be the same character as the one to ferry from Kamadan to Consulate Docks.

The quests to go to Lion's Arch or Cantha can be abandoned and re-taken just like the Time is Nigh quest.