PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people to HA with

spyderbite
21-08-2008, 14:51
Well im new to HA, and because im unranked it seems I can never get into a party. Which I think is pretty silly because theres probably quite a few untapped players out there who are having the same difficulties as me.

Primarily I play a WoH Monk, although I do have an enduring scythe ranger.

I was wondering if theres anyone out there who is willing to let me HA with them and get more experienced and have some fun.

Simply Kedde
21-08-2008, 18:31
You at least need more flexibility than that. To stand a chance of getting on other teams than randomway you'll need to have at least a handfull of the popular builds available with all the equipment for it as well and know what it does and how you do it. WoH isn't really as favored in HA as doesn't have the pure powerhealing HB has. RC is also popular.

What the heck is an enduring scythe ranger? People in tombs want the approved builds and kick people immediatly if they can't play them.
Then being unranked, even being able to roll anything it's not easy to get a team. Consistensy will eventually get you somewhere, but likely you'll need to find a guild with the same mindset as you own.

TheAlchemist
21-08-2008, 19:41
1. unlock all skills
2. get vent/mic
3. make in game friends (but don't spend more time with them then your Real life friends)

work yourself up to a decent rank and you'll be in HoH in no time.

spyderbite
21-08-2008, 22:00
1. unlock all skills
2. get vent/mic
3. make in game friends (but don't spend more time with them then your Real life friends)
---

Thats alot to ask to just want to be able to play an part of a game ive unlocked and already payed for.

I dont have the money to unlock all skills, and the amount in faction... would be crazy.

Plus my in game friends dont want to HA, for most the thought of PVP scares them, and my guild would rather AB which i do often.

What the heck is an enduring scythe ranger?

---

Its a ranger who uses expertise so it can use dervish skills effectively. (Those ones in Sway, there is no specific one build, i modded one of PvX wiki because I find escape not as useful as many other skills and pious assault i think is a terrible skill - though i've never played Sway so I can't say wether its good or not).

I have been unlocking new builds when someone asks, but soon after i just get kicked anyway because im unranked which obviously means i wont be able to perform.

Im not trying to start an argument or anything, im just saying that people ought to allow new players in with them.

And I got my first fame point today, I know its nothing but I got let into a randomway team that didn't mind i was unranked, but we split up after our first battle, so once again im HAless.

(but don't spend more time with them then your Real life friends)
---

Wouldn't dream of it but good point to alot of people, as when i was around 10 and I didn't truly value my friends I did that way too often, on other games of course, GW wasn't around when I was 10.

Simply Kedde
21-08-2008, 23:40
Did you come up with that name yourself? If yes that'd be why. For the love of god(or whatever you want, just an expression) don't advertise yourself as some kind of name you made up yourself. Not because that's inherently bad, but because that's not what people want anyways and it makes you look like you have no idea what you're doing.
If a sway team wants a scythe ranger, they want a proper sway build, not something you modded. That's just how it is.

The points one and two, in fact is not too much to ask for. voice com is the essence of teamplay, but you actually can get by with just playing sway which requires not teamplay at all anyways.

Sure you can live with about 75% UAX with the leftovers being old proph and core elites that are unused. That shouldn't take too long. In a good week with dedicated play you can get about 300 faction.

spyderbite
22-08-2008, 07:54
Did you come up with that name yourself?
---

Nope PvX wiki did, and I don't use that name when recruiting. I Say R/D anyway.

In a good week with dedicated play you can get about 300 faction.
---

300 faction isn't enough to buy 1 skill no? Usually on the TA I can make about 6k a day, but thats nowhere near enough to afford UAS, i'd have to buy the unlock pack.

If a sway team wants a scythe ranger, they want a proper sway build, not something you modded. That's just how it is.
---

I don't play Sway, I just like the build, and surely if none of us modded any builds then we would never improve? I can understand pious assault and escape in a sway build but in a balanced and how most randomways turn out I don't see them as being effective.

Simply Kedde
22-08-2008, 09:36
Sorry, my mistake not properly hitting the "K" button. It should be 300k.

The reason they want them for is pretty simple, it fits. And of course it doesn't fit in any balanced build.

If you are really into getting more skills you can get 8k faction a day for about 40-45 min of farming zaishen challange+elite. that and some ra or ab will net you about 10k for 1,5 hour or so. That's not too bad if you feel you need it.

TheAlchemist
22-08-2008, 11:09
ye unlock all skills is a bit too much to ask for a starter pvp'er. but try to unlock skills from common builds like a RaO ranger, a necro/rt healer, a Savannah heat ele.

just search for unranked groups and play alot or ask a r3 group kindly if you could join.

mic isn't that necesarry but a huge help later on, when you are more into pvp.
vent on the other hand is a must

if you have problems finding the build out try to search pvx wiki under pvp section or just ask it to the guys recruiting/searching for player with that build

but the most important thing imo is getting to know ppl. add them in your friends list, ask them if they need something. and if you are good and nice you will be invited back.

and if you want to play something you modded. you try to make a team then.. and search unranked players what you need

raspberry jam
22-08-2008, 15:32
Its a ranger who uses expertise so it can use dervish skills effectively. (Those ones in Sway, there is no specific one build, i modded one of PvX wiki because I find escape not as useful as many other skills and pious assault i think is a terrible skill - though i've never played Sway so I can't say wether its good or not).[[Escape] is a very good skill (it helps you keep up pressure since you move faster than normal, and it keeps you alive as the enemy melee can't hit you).
[[Pious Assault] is your deep wound attack, it is a very important part of the build. It does remove an enchant from yourself, but since SWAY doesn't rely on enchants that is perfectly ok.

Im not trying to start an argument or anything, im just saying that people ought to allow new players in with them.Yes.
The problem is of course that new players are, well, new. With less experience, you have a bigger chance to make some small mistake that makes you lose. No one wants to lose just to give a new guy a chance... It's a vicious circle. IMO the entire rank thing was one of ANet's biggest mistakes.

And I got my first fame point today, I know its nothing but I got let into a randomway team that didn't mind i was unranked, but we split up after our first battle, so once again im HAless.Congratulations. :smiley: Keep it up, try to join groups, unlock the most common skills used, work hard and before you know it you will have rank 3 and can show that deer. Those first 180 fame are the hardest (except for the 820 more that you need to get a wolf. and the 3665 more than that which you need for a tiger. and so on...)
Just remember to put names of good people you play with in your friends list, and let them know that you want to play more.

Vana
22-08-2008, 16:02
This one is old, but Tiyuri is cool and I think it still applies for the most part (admittedly, I didn't bother to actually read it myself right now)

So you've killed countless Charr, but never another player:

Then HA is not for you, yet. The first thing you want to do is wet your feet in the random arenas. Here you can run any build you want to. Play long enough and you'll begin to learn what does and doesn't work. You'll begin to see which builds stand out as efficient, you'll gain some faction and you'll begin to see how different a PVP environment is to a PVE environment. The most important lesson to be learnt here, is that you're effectively playing a completely different game and being good at one does not make you good at the other.

So you're an RA Champion! Busting out the glad points like nobodies business:

Then you're ready to TA. Where as RA rewards players with the ability to pick out efficient skills with some synergy, TA rewards a synergy and communication between characters. It's your first step into organised PVP, good teams will tell YOU which skills to take. It's the team leaders choice now, not yours. This is because your build needs to work with the rest of the builds on the team. You'll need to start learning the popular character builds, why they're popular, how to play them and what skills you're required to unlock.

TA is where PVP as a whole begins to get competitive, and thus rewards those players who put in the time and effort to learn the metagame, learn the popular builds, learn their counters. etc.

If you really want to get into the PVP side of things, I suggest you begin leading your own teams. Don't stick to one build that works for you, learn how to play all professions, mix things up. If you're going to be a team leader you're going to need to know how everyone's build works, not just your own. It's those players with the ability to lead who really go places.

So you're a Rank 3 gladiator! Why won't those tools let me play HA!

Because HA is a whole new ball game.

The first thing to do when starting out in HA, is to realise that it has its own mechanics. It's not TA, it's certainly not RA and so your experience in those areas - whilst obviously a good thing in terms of learning the basics of PVP - means jack. It's time to set aside your pride, your rank 3 gladiator title, your protector of Tyria title. You need to get into the mindset to learn. You aren't going to achieve a shiny emote straight away. It requires some dedication.

The new HA player has 3 options.

Join unranked groups.
Attempt to Join ranked groups.
Or form their own groups.

The first thing I suggest you do is forget option 1. We all know unranked groups are a train wreck waiting to happen, let's not pretend otherwise. Sure there are SOME good players out there without a rank, but those are a minority. Being good at GVG/TA/RA as we discussed, does not make you good at HA and thus those are not the people you want to learn from. So how do we go about attempting options 2 and 3?

Joining Ranked Groups

* Talk the Talk - First of all, you want to sound intelligent and well spoken. A lot of ranked groups don't actually care about a players rank, they limit themselves to ranked players in an attempt to avoid idiots. So Don't sound like one. Learn to spell, learn some grammar and some manners.
* Don't Lie - If a team asks what rank you are, tell them the truth. If you lie and make stupid mistakes, you'll be booted and certainly won't be added to any friends lists. Whilst a lot of teams are very unforgiving towards the unranked player there are also a lot of understanding teams out there. If you're intelligent and respectful they'll help you out and tell you what you need to improve on.
* Learn how to advertise yourself correctly - First of all, ranked groups are used to playing with players who are capable of playing any role, they have most skills unlocked and will spec to any role in the team if they have to. Thus advertising yourself as "A shock warrior LFG" makes you sound inexperienced off the bat. Advertise yourself as a player or a profession, not a specific build. Second, ranked groups assume you have vent/TS/etc, don't advertise yourself as having them, it absolutely stinks of desperation. Keep it short and elegant. "Experienced Monk looking to gain experience with a ranked team" or similar.
* Don't be afraid to ask for help - Responding to an add with "I'm not rank 6 but I have a great deal of experience as an X" and asking if they could help you learn the maps isn't a bad idea. There are some real tools out there who'll tell you to f-off you unranked noob. But those aren't the players you want to play with anyway and if anything those players are probably the people who IWAYed their rank 6. You need thick skin, but keep trying.
* Spend a lot of time in observer - You need to know what builds are popular right now, and you need the skills unlocked to play them. You need the variations of those builds unlocked also, and you shouldn't expect to stay in a ranked team if you don't have a skill they require.
* Do not spam players who ignore you - Some people who advertise for rank 6+ people or r9+ people want just that, no exceptions. Sometimes when asking for r6+ players team leaders are whispered by 10~ unranked players asking for a shot. Expecting them to respond to every single person is a bit much.

Starting your own Groups

This has to be the best way around the rank requirements of HA, no one asks the group leaders rank, so as long as you are competent enough you can pretty much pick up players of any rank. However ranked players have enough experienced to spot a leader who doesn't know what he's doing from a mile away. Good teams are lead, they aren't a giant democracy, and if you're going to go down this route you need to do that leading.

You need to know the build you propose to run inside out, you need to know the skills on every characters bar, you need to know what you plan to do on every map. Make sure you check out articles on Guildwiki and similar on the objectives of each map, observe them, observe other people playing the build you are going to use, see how they attempt to play it.

Whilst playing a gimmick build will aid you in finding players FASTER, the quality of those players will probably be lower. A lot of Rank 9+ players are no longer concerned about rank or gaining fame and are instead looking for builds that are innovative or fun to play. Not only that but you might actually learn something if you're not spamming searing flames or "Fear me!".

Whilst leading a team be prepared to Speak non stop on vent, there's no hiding in the back here, occasionally calling out "blind on 3", it's your job to direct the team now. Tell it where and how to move, where to throw up wards, where to throw its damage, and so on. You've got to be confident to do this but its potentially the fastest way to a rank and the fastest way of getting some really good players on your friendlist.

Going Further:

So you've got into some nice groups, taken halls a few times, maybe earned rank 3 and a shiny dear emote. But you want to go further, you want to aim higher, you want a big shiny tiger.

You need to either find an HA guild or build up a good friends list of players you're impressed with. If you're a strong leader you could lead your own HA guild and that allows you to be selective about the talent you bring along.

I would suggest against using names like "Holy knight of Tyria" or some other ridiculous PVE name. You want to make a name for yourself and so people need to know what to call you. Not to mention the fact that you don't want to sound like an instant PVE nub when attempting to join a ranked team.

Be social, don't hide in the corner of every vent server you join, be vocal and friendly. You want people to enjoy playing with you and invite you over other people. Contribute to the team, suggest strat and so on. Making good friends makes good fame.

Do not go to HA if:

You don't have a good amount of skills unlocked.
You're an idiot.
Your spelling is atrocious.
You are unable to use ventrilo
You take rude comments to heart
You plan to post retarded threads on the forums regarding how some guy didn't accept you into their group and rank means nothing.

Peace

Some things that I would like to point out about behaviour (it may be covered in the above quote - I'm leaving out the things that I know he mentioned):

- Don't be impatient. It's often seen as a strong sign of immaturity.
- If you're playing with people you don't know, and you're new to the game then don't insist on running some specific build - run what the teams wants you to run.
- In addition to that; don't get into discussions about builds and skillselections if you're still learning the game.

Basically you have to remember that it's a competitive game, which means that people want to win. If you find some people willing to help you learn to play then try to get the hang of it as quickly as possible so they can see that you're making progress. And don't be afraid to ask for help and instructions if you're having trouble with your own role on the team.

B Ephekt
22-08-2008, 16:09
Thats alot to ask to just want to be able to play an part of a game ive unlocked and already payed for.

I dont have the money to unlock all skills, and the amount in faction... would be crazy.You don't have to unlock ALL skills to begin with, just the most commonly used ones. But people are going to expect you to be able to play whatever they ask for, and if you can't, chances are they will not bother accommodating you. This is just a fact of the matter, as it is generally easier to find another player than to have two or more people reroll.

im just saying that people ought to allow new players in with them.People ought to be able to play with whomever they want, which includes playing only with others of similar rank and experience. I'm not saying this is a universal or anything, but more often than not, unranked players are bad and will cause you to lose, which isn't fun. People play the game to have fun, not accommodate others.

spyderbite
22-08-2008, 18:35
People ought to be able to play with whomever they want, which includes playing only with others of similar rank and experience. I'm not saying this is a universal or anything, but more often than not, unranked players are bad and will cause you to lose, which isn't fun. People play the game to have fun, not accommodate others.
---

Yar... people should be able to play with whomever they want this includes new HAers (They don't have to be new to PvP or to the game).

I understand if I wanted to join a set team I would need to have more skills and follow their rules, but randomway has no set builds and you wont be asked to reroll for randomway... but still all I ever see is r4+ .etc

I understand that lots of unranked players are bad... so will alot of ranked be, its team and doesnt rely so much on one player. They can play a round with me... and if they dont like they can kick fair enough. I just want a chance to play and have fun, which shouldn't mean I have to buy a mic and a bonus skills pack, because for players who do put the money into HA like that wont ever let me into their team anyway.

I also dont think its right to say don't HA if you dont have a mic or a large skill base, it is not completely necessary as I like to relay tactics before a battle, in skill casting time and afterwards for the next, and don't feel buying a mic is gonna make it much better.

nabbed
22-08-2008, 19:06
People ought to be able to play with whomever they want, which includes playing only with others of similar rank and experience. I'm not saying this is a universal or anything, but more often than not, unranked players are bad and will cause you to lose, which isn't fun. People play the game to have fun, not accommodate others.
---

Yar... people should be able to play with whomever they want this includes new HAers (They don't have to be new to PvP or to the game).

I understand if I wanted to join a set team I would need to have more skills and follow their rules, but randomway has no set builds and you wont be asked to reroll for randomway... but still all I ever see is r4+ .etc

I understand that lots of unranked players are bad... so will alot of ranked be, its team and doesnt rely so much on one player. They can play a round with me... and if they dont like they can kick fair enough. I just want a chance to play and have fun, which shouldn't mean I have to buy a mic and a bonus skills pack, because for players who do put the money into HA like that wont ever let me into their team anyway.

I also dont think its right to say don't HA if you dont have a mic or a large skill base, it is not completely necessary as I like to relay tactics before a battle, in skill casting time and afterwards for the next, and don't feel buying a mic is gonna make it much better.

1) You missed the HA train. It has left the station.
2) Even if were to somehow try to catch up to the train, you'd probably be thrown off the train right away. You have no ticket or ID - you have no tools required to play HA.
3) Worst of all, you seem to want to bring excessive baggage of useless junk - your useless preconception of how HA should be, and not how it is.

Advice: get on a different train.

B Ephekt
22-08-2008, 19:54

I understand if I wanted to join a set team I would need to have more skills and follow their rules, but randomway has no set builds and you wont be asked to reroll for randomway... but still all I ever see is r4+ .etcI'm failing to see your point. You seem to agree that people should be able to play with whomever they want, so why are you also saying that they should be playing with you/other unranked players? If they don't want to, there should be nothing else to compel them.

As for ranked randomway, it's mostly so you can at least have some assurance that the player will have done capture point/relic run/alter cap maps before. Chances are, unranked players either haven't played these maps, or simply don't understand the tactics for them. Having people with a clue would be even more important in a group without vent.

I personally would not require rank for randomway as imo the point is to form as fast as possible, but it's their prerogative.

I understand that lots of unranked players are bad... so will alot of ranked be, its team and doesnt rely so much on one player. True, ranked players can be bad, but unranked players are almost always bad, unless they're coming from GvG or something. Rank isn't an indication of player skill; it's a party formation tool that gives a vague indication of experience.

They can play a round with me... and if they dont like they can kick fair enough. I just want a chance to play and have fun, which shouldn't mean I have to buy a mic and a bonus skills pack, because for players who do put the money into HA like that wont ever let me into their team anyway.What's preventing you from starting your own randomway groups? Some friends and I did byob with 4 random PUGs last night and were able to form in under 5 minutes. Rank wasn't even mentioned until after we got in and started talking to the PUGs.

Also, if you want to pvp than a mic is almost a requirement, unless you plan on doing randomway exclusively.

Simply Kedde
22-08-2008, 20:47
You say they should just take you for one round. Why? Why should they if they feel like there's a larger risk of them all wasting 20 minutes or more of their time just to give some guy they don't know and has no indicator of whether he's good or fails.

spyderbite
22-08-2008, 21:36
You say they should just take you for one round. Why? Why should they if they feel like there's a larger risk of them all wasting 20 minutes or more of their time just to give some guy they don't know and has no indicator of whether he's good or fails.
---

Thats the attitude thats bringing it down, sure you don't have to do anything, but you know some people like to actually think about others occasionally, and it seems that the rest of the HA is using the internet as a means to be more important than they are. Like in PvE, I will accept lvl 18s and whatnot into my HM mission (I know its easier) but I atleast understand that they just want to play the game the same, it's the opposite of everything GW stands for, they put in a lvl 20 cap so things like this wouldn't happen... to seperate itself from other MMOs.

Well simply I won't HA anymore, It's too much trouble to find another person who can see past the time you've spent playing in the HA and doesn't measure skill in rx form.

has no indicator of whether he's good or fails.
---
I didn't say that, it'd be easy for me to say i'm good but that isn't what everyone is going to think. So you don't say it and you let them decide.

True, ranked players can be bad, but unranked players are almost always bad, unless they're coming from GvG or something. Rank isn't an indication of player skill; it's a party formation tool that gives a vague indication of experience.
---

That can't be true then otherwise almost everyone during unranked times would of been terrible, which I find quite hard to believe, though I do understand were you may be coming from.

B Ephekt
22-08-2008, 21:58
Well simply I won't HA anymore, It's too much trouble to find another person who can see past the time you've spent playing in the HA and doesn't measure skill in rx form.Anyone who measures skill by rank is an idiot, regardless of how much fame they have. Rank is about experience and nothing else.

That can't be true then otherwise almost everyone during unranked times would of been terrible, which I find quite hard to believe, though I do understand were you may be coming from.This reasoning is flawed. Almost everyone was terrible back then if you compare them to what people have learned since. Also, the learning curve and point of entry is much higher now that the game is 3 years old, since some people have been pvping since release. Whether you want to realize it or not, experience matters in pvp, and that's exactly what people are asking for when they ask for a specific rank. As someone else said, you missed the HA boat by 3 years, so if you want to get into it at this point you're going to have to put some effort into unlocks, using vent and gaining rank.

You didn't reply to this, so I'll ask again. What is keeping you from forming your own randomway groups? If you want to play and don't care about rank or build, just invite random people and push the button. We formed two separate randomways last night in under 5 minutes and rank wasn't even brought up until some people emoted after winning.

spyderbite
22-08-2008, 22:15
This reasoning is flawed. Almost everyone was terrible back then if you compare them to what people have learned since. Also, the learning curve and point of entry is much higher now that the game is 3 years old, since some people have been pvping since release. Whether you want to realize it or not, experience matters in pvp, and that's exactly what people are asking for when they ask for a specific rank. As someone else said, you missed the HA boat by 3 years, so if you want to get into it at this point you're going to have to put some effort into unlocks, using vent and gaining rank.
---

I cant gain rank if i cant play, and I have lots of experience in PvP, just not HA. So my reasoning is flawed but I must gain rank even though I cant join a party because i need rank to do so... though the only way to gain that rank is to be a part of one of those parties?

Wow, HA is obviously alot more complicated than i thought.

And no one has even asked to see my build... asked me to use a build and asked for vent... its ether you have rank or you dont.

nabbed
22-08-2008, 22:47
This reasoning is flawed. Almost everyone was terrible back then if you compare them to what people have learned since. Also, the learning curve and point of entry is much higher now that the game is 3 years old, since some people have been pvping since release. Whether you want to realize it or not, experience matters in pvp, and that's exactly what people are asking for when they ask for a specific rank. As someone else said, you missed the HA boat by 3 years, so if you want to get into it at this point you're going to have to put some effort into unlocks, using vent and gaining rank.
---

I cant gain rank if i cant play, and I have lots of experience in PvP, just not HA. So my reasoning is flawed but I must gain rank even though I cant join a party because i need rank to do so... though the only way to gain that rank is to be a part of one of those parties?

And no one has even asked to see my build... asked me to use a build and asked for vent... its ether you have rank or you dont.

How much Balthazar faction do you have?

B Ephekt
22-08-2008, 22:50
---

And no one has even asked to see my build... asked me to use a build and asked for vent... its ether you have rank or you dont.So why can't you form your own groups again? You still haven't answered this.

And, no, you do not need rank to play; you only need rank to paly in ranked groups. Either join or form unranked groups.

We're just trying to point out that you're arguing against something that is not going to change. If you want to HA, then this is what you have to do. If you don't want to do it, then you're not going to get into many groups and will probably have a hard time gaining rank. The end. Arguing about it on a fan site is pretty useless.

Simply Kedde
22-08-2008, 23:34
Say if you were to do something in your spare time you want to. Would you then want to take a risk by letting someone you don't know and also do not know if is terribad or a hidden star(figure out the obvious one). That's the mindset people have and it is by no means unfair. Getting into a game this late is bound to have you be behind. If you're truly into it pvp you'll have at least some glad rank or commander which could get you into some new HA gvg guild where you can have your chances of proving yourself good enough to be on the team.

spyderbite
22-08-2008, 23:45
Yes because GW is something I do in my spare time, and I often teach people using PvE builds in the TA instead of kicking them, because why am i any more important?

Were obviously very different people, were I don't sit there thinking... well this guy is unranked, theres a chance I wont get a hero point in these next 15 minutes, best to kick him and add someone who has a rank because they must be better.

Im 86 glad points at the mo, and like i've said I won't HA anymore, I don't like the attitude and frankly I don't want to be known as a part of something like that. I'm here to have fun, not be to be told how bad I am by someone who hasn' seen me play.

Tho you guys seriously need to lighten up and realise there is more than having to get those points every 15 minutes, this is a game and your acting like, I dont know how to explain it, i guess like someone with a minority complex is as close as im going to get.

Well good luck i guess on your hero tracks and holding those halls.

nabbed
23-08-2008, 03:33
I'm here to have fun, not be to be told how bad I am by someone who hasn' seen me play.

I'm sorry, but didn't you say that you never even had skills to play HA?
Aside from your newbish attitude, you haven't shown your skilled play here yet.

Did you even know that HA was srs business?

Vana
23-08-2008, 08:56
You have to remember, spyderbite, that it's a competitive game. You don't seem like a very competitive person so perhaps pvp just isn't your thing?

spyderbite
23-08-2008, 11:30
I'm sorry, but didn't you say that you never even had skills to play HA?
Aside from your newbish attitude, you haven't shown your skilled play here yet.

I didn't say that... i said I dont have UAS or even 75% UAX Like was asked of me.

Im competitive enough, I'd rather win and know i've helped people along the way then knowing i won by spurring other players.

Newbish attitude?
---

wont dignify yours with an answer

Simply Kedde
23-08-2008, 11:48
Seeing your amount of glad points won't get you straigth into some new pvp guild you just need some good lot more of practice and patience. You not having a rank doesn't mean you're inherently bad, it just means there's a much larger risk of you being bad, which is something people want to avoid because they don't want to waste time.

spyderbite
23-08-2008, 14:40
Today was quite a good day, i got let into a few groups and reached 20 points... the HA weekend made me change my mind and stay.

Simply Kedde
24-08-2008, 00:56
Double tombs weekends brings all the pve'ers in to get their deer so that means anyone with just one build will be able to get r3 during the weekend if they have no big plans for the weekend.

B Ephekt
25-08-2008, 15:39
Yes because GW is something I do in my spare time, and I often teach people using PvE builds in the TA instead of kicking them, because why am i any more important? It's not about who is "more important," it's about not wanting to spend your free time teaching people how to play the game. That's great if you don't mind, but you can't expect everyone to view it the same way. Plenty of us have helped lower ranked players in the past, but you have to realize that there will be times when even those who do help will want to just play.

Tho you guys seriously need to lighten up and realise there is more than having to get those points every 15 minutes, this is a game and your acting like, I dont know how to explain it, i guess like someone with a minority complex is as close as im going to get.

Well good luck i guess on your hero tracks and holding those halls.Funny that you say this, because I really don't care about this game anymore. I just started playing again last month after quitting for over a year. I only came back because my friends did, and I only play with them. I don't give a **** about fame because I'm still ~9k away from my phoenix, and don't HA enough to ever get it.

spyderbite
02-09-2008, 11:02
Double tombs weekends brings all the pve'ers in to get their deer so that means anyone with just one build will be able to get r3 during the weekend if they have no big plans for the weekend.
---

sadly i was on holiday =/... ah well

Ryuujinx
04-10-2008, 18:45
Guide to get r3:

Make your own groups.

Seriously, you're not going to get into the large majority of ranked groups. You can argue "well they MIGHT be good" all you want, but having seen some of the crap people roll in unranked randomway - I'm betting the MAJORITY isn't.

So, make your own goups. Find out the latest gimmicky build, and shout "Group LF <builds>" don't mention rank, if they ask, tell them there's no rank req. If they press you for your rank then tell them your unranked trying to start HA. Generally most people will just join without caring though.

Second if your guild has TS/Vent, use it. If your guild doesn't I believe TS has free public servers. Vent might too, not sure.

Step 3, grind. Grind, and grind some more.

If you aren't completely terribad you'll make friends, hopefully you'll get high ranked friends who will invite you to their high ranked groups. Prove yourself there and you get more friends.

Then you might end up like me, get r3 and realize that HA really kind of sucks.