PDA

View Full Version : New Healer/Prot Builds

Drazera
26-08-2008, 19:19
I haven't played HA in quite a long time and have just recently started playing again due to a lack of other good MMOs to play.

I used to play monk all the time, and I'm a bit confused about this new dual monk set-up. One monk goes HB healer and the other monk plays RC. From playing with the setup and even watching other monks in observation mode, I feel that monks drop way too easily and don't have enough healing power together. The foundation monk setup used to be 2 healers and 1 prot. If there are only 2 monks, why not have them be heal/prot hybrids? And why is spirit bond favored over protective spirit? And no one seems to want to use inspired hex anymore. I feel that monks need one more skill besides channeling to ensure extra energy, especially with heavy pressure and only 2 monks in builds these days.

So yeah, I know I'm old school, so it'd be great if someone could explain this new stuff :o

hurric
26-08-2008, 19:46
you either run Big Damage so your group basically kills other team first before being pressured too much or a lot of teams run Rit or N/Rt support. 2 monks is usually not enough to stay alive against heroway

TheAlchemist
26-08-2008, 19:57
most groups also have a resto rit like above poster said

or an ele with eruption which causes blind and a ward.. maybe DA para

there alot of defence which makes it possible for monks to heal the team up

Reverend Dr
06-10-2008, 20:28
2 monks is usually not enough to stay alive against heroway

Kind of misleading. I mean everyone brings midline defense, pots, warding, snares, anti-melee. Everyone has been bringing those for years. Only the worst builds and players put the whole of the teams defense on the backline.

With a good build and good players, 2 monks is fine.

Simply Kedde
06-10-2008, 21:47
3 monks is too much anyway.
Rather bring defensive support on your entire midline than needing to put in another monk.

SB>PS is mostly due to spikes. PS won't save the spike in the same way SB will.

Siriusbg
13-10-2008, 02:23
uhh 3 monk backline, i remember that, sod/divert hexes, rc and woh, that was fun.

but weapon of warding, life and protective was kaolie is enough now, plus you can pack some more dmg on the rt or ele so you can make stronger spikes, no one wanna have 20 mins battle again, or do we? :o

Simply Kedde
13-10-2008, 23:50
If anyone wants to get anywhere close to the times when we'd have the name "Korean Smiteball" has won a battle in the hall of heroes and keeps the favor of the gods for korea, I'm gonna suicide.