PDA

View Full Version : Drafting a build for HM; help appreciated

Nikhera
28-08-2008, 14:00
Lately I've been working on Vanquishing stuff, doing Elona right now. Usually I prefer to go all out and use a "pew pew pew" fire build of some kind, but with the constant scatter, speed increase and high armor in HM I find that nuker builds just don't cut it.

Above all, I prefer to use triple necro (sabway) build, consisting of a Jagged Bones MM, a N/Rt Resto healer and an SS/Barbs Necro. I find it incredibly efficient compared to any other build I've used thus far, sometimes I make tiny adjustments from zone to zone, but I find that certain zones which I was not able to complete with a different setup I c+spaced through with this one.

Now the one thing that does give me real trouble is the lack of interrupts. I used to bring a BHA ranger with me, but like I said, I found any other setup to be inefficient.

With the recently change to Thunderclap, I thought I could seize the opportunity and thus take care of interrupts by using Dazed. (Also minions wailing on a target will make sure not even bosses can get a single spell off.)

So far it looks like this:

[build=OgBDg8OMTylIDkDcDqDhD0CCAA]

Thunderclap will harass casters, Blinding Flash will harass meele, Deep Freeze to keep them from running everywhere to make sure they'll target the minions and not my squishie allies. GoLE for E-management.

I wonder about a couple of things.

-Is Pain Inverter going to be counter productive if I have Thunderclap? Should I switch it out?
-Is Deep Freeze the optimal snare? Will I even need a snare? (I've been doing ok without so far, but...sometimes they got just too close for comfort.)
-I'm hoping the glyph + attunement combo will be enough for e-management.
-Or, worst case scenario, am I just going the completely wrong way about this and should just forget about using Thunderclap in the first place? :p
-I was thinking of Switching in Glyph of Switfness for GoLE, to use Thunderclap as often as possible. Though give that I have Deep Freeze on my bar, I don't want to run into a situation where I won't have any energy left.

Your input is much appreciated. :grin:

Jimal
28-08-2008, 14:25
I hh vanquished a lot for the legendary vanq title and had succes using a build with ward against harm, deepf reeze and maelstorm, attunement, pi, gole and the rest varied.

And then use caster henchmen.

Gorani
28-08-2008, 23:10
I used Fire & Earth builds during vanquishing.

Fire: Savannah Heat + Meteor = big damage (don't use it on Heroes, because they won't time); I also used Mark of Rodgort, because burning is a powerful condition when a lot of your foes have high armour

Earth: Churning Earth is great, because the HM foes have an automatic speed boost, which means you will knock down the group you hit whenever they move. Unsteady Ground will KD when they attack, and they attack a lot faster, even casters because they might need to wait for skills to recharge. Ward of Weakness is incredibly useful to reduce damage if you use your AoE spells on foes that rushed you and your backline.

Pain Inverter: most mobs have a healer or rezzer. I didn't use PI on those, but the most damaging foe (Ele or Dervish most of the time)

Interrupter: Having a hero interrupter (I used a BHA Ranger) can work better than using Zho, because you can set her on a target and attack another target with the main force.

My experience vanquishing: In Kourna, the bosses are the main problem (Avatar of Balthy e.g.), Vaabi has been a little more balanced, but I did well with a Rit MM who summoned some "bone shields"; getting a decent rank in your LB title helps a lot with Margonites; The undead in the Desolation have multiple rezzers, so Frozen Soil (that's a skill I brought on my Ele) and one or two Smite Monks help a lot.

Fake Instinct
21-09-2008, 18:43
I used Fire & Earth builds during vanquishing.

Fire: Savannah Heat + Meteor = big damage (don't use it on Heroes, because they won't time); I also used Mark of Rodgort, because burning is a powerful condition when a lot of your foes have high armour

Earth: Churning Earth is great, because the HM foes have an automatic speed boost, which means you will knock down the group you hit whenever they move. Unsteady Ground will KD when they attack, and they attack a lot faster, even casters because they might need to wait for skills to recharge. Ward of Weakness is incredibly useful to reduce damage if you use your AoE spells on foes that rushed you and your backline.

Pain Inverter: most mobs have a healer or rezzer. I didn't use PI on those, but the most damaging foe (Ele or Dervish most of the time)

Interrupter: Having a hero interrupter (I used a BHA Ranger) can work better than using Zho, because you can set her on a target and attack another target with the main force.

My experience vanquishing: In Kourna, the bosses are the main problem (Avatar of Balthy e.g.), Vaabi has been a little more balanced, but I did well with a Rit MM who summoned some "bone shields"; getting a decent rank in your LB title helps a lot with Margonites; The undead in the Desolation have multiple rezzers, so Frozen Soil (that's a skill I brought on my Ele) and one or two Smite Monks help a lot.

[ward of weakness]+[churning earth] FTW

Gydion
24-09-2008, 23:01
[Technobabble] is great against non-boss casters. Especially against the double monk/para/rt with rez skills.

I find that anytime you can overload with conditions and hexes couple with Ele snares or KD you shouldn't have to much trouble. Before vanquishing an area you should always look at the at the wiki first just to get an idea of what you're up against. If you're lucky to have someone go with you with you can never go wrong with Sabway + warder + prot/smite monks and interupter. I sometimes include a hero tank style warrior or dervish with +armor and health with [conviction].