PDA

View Full Version : New lands

artyboy
02-09-2008, 11:51
Im not sure if someone has posted this before but, here we go

I was thinking, that since Gw 2 is 2 centuries after gw 1. a few lands have been discovered that you can visit during the game. also what i think would be awesome is that new countries will be discovered during the course of the game, in the story line, involving that you have to take over
an newly discovered island so that you can attack the corsair ships.

lemme know your oppinion.

-arturin

sorudo
02-09-2008, 16:13
one thing other lands are based on are the regions, tyria is based on europe while cantha is based on asia.
so the one question is, what region is it based on?

artyboy
02-09-2008, 17:05
one thing other lands are based on are the regions, tyria is based on europe while cantha is based on asia.

well, i thought it could be more exotic, think hawaii with a jungle,
what i think would be awesome, that there are species there unknown before that island was discovered, species not known anywhere else in the world of tyria.

but i think some of the islands could be hawaii like or have a deep jungle (think maguuma jungle only denser, and with some grass plains)

i hope this answers your question:sunny:

raspberry jam
02-09-2008, 17:31
so the one question is, what region is it based on?Easter Island. Or Antarctica.

Horus Dragon Healer
02-09-2008, 19:20
tyria is based on europe

i would say Tyria is based on America, since Europe doesn't have any jungle or dessert while america does ;)

Akirai Annuvil
02-09-2008, 20:20
I'd say it's neither.
Cantha is inspired largely by eastern asia, some gothic architecture (originally german) and greek names.
Nightfall is inspired largely by Africa's desert areas, the tribal architecture and... hell or some other inferno.
Prophecies does not have one clear basis; ascalon and parts of kryta feature european architecture (neoromanic and gothic were the ones I recognized), the shiverpeaks seem to have a slight nordic slant. The geographical areas are more diverse extremes than you'd find on any continent besides possibly asia, though I doubt even they have a cometblasted landscape somewhere similar to post sear.

Jair of the Forest
02-09-2008, 21:24
I'd like to know what lays east of Ascalon, and west of the Maguuma Jungle. I guess Anet won't have any trouble making up their mind about what to put there, they're creative enough.

sorudo
02-09-2008, 22:07
i would say Tyria is based on America, since Europe doesn't have any jungle or dessert while america does ;)
america didn't even had any knights, let alone a history as long as europe.
also, europe has some forests and deserts, spain has some deserts while belgium and france has some big forests.(the jungle in maguuma jungle is made for fantasy, never heard of a jungle with a desert trough it)
btw, in the timeline GW is based on, america was still an unknown island only to be owned by native american.(and i don't see any indians in tyria nor in any other place in GW)

The Boz
02-09-2008, 22:34
GW has a timeline that can be directly related to Earth's history?

kookkamajunga
03-09-2008, 04:26

A moutain region would be cool, not like the ones we have now.

I mean mountains where the heat keeps snow away but there are still pine and redwood trees and shrubs everywhere. I always thought that type of landscape best fit the Norn, but they were placed in the Snow.

Vast plains would be awesome, like the American grasslands or if your a lord of the rings buff, something similar to the Lands around Rohan, the Wold more specifically. Where you can see nothing but rolling hills, the horizon, and the occasional tree and town.

I also want to see moving streams and creeks. Everything now just seems to be stagnant.

raspberry jam
03-09-2008, 09:44
btw, in the timeline GW is based on, america was still an unknown islandI think it's too big to qualify as an island.

artyboy
03-09-2008, 10:46
true, but please do not go offtopic