PDA

View Full Version : Personal Guild Hall

Thomas Elven
08-09-2008, 10:07
Personally i would like Guild Wars 2 to have the option of creating your own guild hall such as picking your own guards, own walls, own hall. Also you should be able to add things to guild hall like a meeting room, a throne room,a tower etc. Like Age of Empires but on bigger scale and more detailed. This may not be possible as it would take a large server to remember all this information, i have no idea what i'm talking about but i think this would be cool.

kaede
08-09-2008, 21:50
It would be nice if the Guild Halls on GW2 had (large) indoor spaces with different rooms for different purposes, which you -of course- couldn't enter during a GvG. It would be awesome if you could have your own room in your guild hall which you could somewhat personalize with different items.
'twould make more people spend more time in the guild hall, getting to know fellow members better and generally creating a stronger sense of fellowship.

sorudo
08-09-2008, 22:29
i have never done it my self but i've seen a movie about it, the guild hall creator of perfect world.
as far as i've seen it, every GH is unique since you create it from scratch.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=P-7h_SxoWOM
judge for your self.

Jair of the Forest
09-09-2008, 07:54
i have never done it my self but i've seen a movie about it, the guild hall creator of perfect world.
as far as i've seen it, every GH is unique since you create it from scratch.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=P-7h_SxoWOM
judge for your self.

That looks fun..I'd certainly don't mind having that in GW2.

Thomas Elven
09-09-2008, 08:16
Ai i agree but i don't want to build a whole landscape just guild hall im a fan of 1:28 and 1:54 on wards. Look like it has a large learning curve though. Guild wars should also have templates

Balan Makki
09-09-2008, 13:11
Having access to areas such as Gandara, The Moon Fortress, as a private customizable instance, where objects could be placed, hung, collected; a simple tile set of textures, etc. seems very easy to do. Also becomes an advanced form of storage. Sims is a great example of client side editor. Though working in true 3d, such as Unreal Ed, Q Radiant, or some of the more intuitive BIM modelers such as Archicad still requires a few months of dedicated obsession. Not so easy for casual user.

I have made a suggestion that these private instanced areas would also provide a unique Login Area, such as the Login screen, but evolved.

Thomas Elven
09-09-2008, 13:27
That is what i mean by templates Moon fortress etc. The login screen is also a good idea but the owner has to log on only if he wants to change his guilds appearance and content this leaves all guild members to come and go as they please. This type of guild hall may cause problems as all players will want there own hall, which could really be seen as a personal mansion which everyone wants, and it would be very hard to create a full loyal guild.
I also think that a Guild should have a hall of fame which can be added to the hall. This hall is for people who have contributed to the Guild significantly it will display there stats and have a statue of them, like the hall of heroes. This will increase Guild Leader support as he is often the one who has to do everything.

Balan Makki
09-09-2008, 14:04
Not sure yet how ArenaNet is handling instancing vs. persistent, but a Face Book style feature that allows an entire guild to set up in a large persistent area, where members could choose which portal (Fortress, keep, house, mansion, etc) they'll use for their private/instanced space. This area could be a "cross over" instance, where you only see guild related stuff--guildies, alliance members--when your in that mode. Then allows world events, other players to bleed in from time to time. Layered instancing would allow hundreds of guilds to occupy the same area, but never bump into others until world events occur or you leave your "Territory (Guild) Instance". Like a book, with hundreds of identical pages, which holds words structured in millions of different ways—layered instancing.

GW1 has already begun this, I’m hoping they’re going to take full advantage of this beginning and evolve it to the next level.

Thomas Elven
09-09-2008, 23:06
let me see if i understand this there is a guild hall where you can see members and then there are portals leading off to other places houses, keeps etc. Is that right? didnt quite understand what you said even with book analogy

Jair of the Forest
10-09-2008, 08:58
This type of guild hall may cause problems as all players will want there own hall, which could really be seen as a personal mansion which everyone wants, and it would be very hard to create a full loyal guild.

Nah, not at all. When do you hear of players leaving a guild because the guild didn't have the guild hall they like?

Vela
11-09-2008, 15:46
Guild Wars 2: The Sims

I would rather have trophies and cups displayed in Guild Hall for guild achievements. No, not only for PvP but, also for PvE (Challenge missions and variety of other competitions that could have been done in GW1). Even memoribilia from guild events can be displayed.

IMHO, a Guild hall is for the guild and it's not personal. Go to HoM for quality time with your own toon-self.

BlueHeaven
11-09-2008, 15:57
There should be a ton of stuff you can buy/upgrade in a guild hall. Lets face it, with out the grind aspect, GW 1 at least has a huge vanity/aesthetic aspect to it. What else are we gonna do with all that gold when nothing is worth buying that actually gives you an edge in the game. So we go for looks.

Guild achievments would also be nice, as mentioned trophies and such.

sorudo
11-09-2008, 16:44
Guild Wars 2: The Sims

I would rather have trophies and cups displayed in Guild Hall for guild achievements. No, not only for PvP but, also for PvE (Challenge missions and variety of other competitions that could have been done in GW1). Even memoribilia from guild events can be displayed.

IMHO, a Guild hall is for the guild and it's not personal. Go to HoM for quality time with your own toon-self.
as long as the HOM can't be customized, i like to see the GH that way.
go run around in the HOM with the same old style day after day, we will play in a GH making it nice and homy.:rolleyes:

GWBD
11-09-2008, 17:50
i would not say guild hall but guild hideout i mean more rooms each character his own room in the giant base,trophy room , storage room stuff like that traning area.

Akirai Annuvil
11-09-2008, 18:40
As long as GvG maps are fixed.

Thomas Elven
18-09-2008, 07:25
Nah, not at all. When do you hear of players leaving a guild because the guild didn't have the guild hall they like?

Happened to me...once. But if this actually happens a fully customizable Guild Hall like the Sims people will want that i mean lets face it the Guild Hall scheme GW's has going now isnt something to really want you get a few basic things and the Guild Leader can't customize it at hall. People can just be invited to a guild and they get free stuff. If you can create your guild hall walls, guards, tables, accessories etc people will want there own everyone likes having there own personal Hall.

Simply Kedde
18-09-2008, 12:48
I'd rather spend my time playing the game itself. Although I'd like to have more possible things to customize letting you put accesories in and playing sims in your guild hall doesn't appeal to me. It's just a bit too much.

Thomas Elven
20-09-2008, 09:47
I'd rather spend my time playing the game itself. Although I'd like to have more possible things to customize letting you put accesories in and playing sims in your guild hall doesn't appeal to me. It's just a bit too much.
Maybe but it is something new and it is GW2 cant keep the original game with all the same stuff. If it is within ArenaNet limits it should be done