PDA

View Full Version : Be warned when you play GvG tonight.

Ate of DK
28-09-2008, 17:14
No flame or complaining. Just a warning for people to be prepared:

When you play GvG be warned about a build that rushes your Guild Lord. I'll not explain what they do, everyone can watch that for themselves on youtube.

There are several movies on youtube allready:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od8THFpMnmU

I expect that Izzy will change something very soon.

Simply Kedde
28-09-2008, 18:33
To be honest changing it wouldn't even be that easy. Because of the removal of thieves and the gates being open all the time you can't keep them from entering your base and you can't lock them in.
The skills themselves aren't really overpowered either.
The best change I can think of is to simply remove Cyclone Axe from the skills the guild lord has and replace it with something else.

Dogbert
28-09-2008, 22:42
I expect anet to respond with more on hit hexes :) Seems like they haven't been abused enough yet.

David Holtzman
29-09-2008, 00:24
Played this build in the monthly. Heal monk never loaded. Flawless victory at 8min... This is just not a scary build.

Ate of DK
29-09-2008, 03:59
Played this build in the monthly. Heal monk never loaded. Flawless victory at 8min... This is just not a scary build.

I think it's unfair to compare [DM] with the type of players that get rolled by this build. I think it's normal that you win against this type of build and it would even be a big joke if you lost against it. Top teams usualy win against farmbuilds. If your monk loaded and you got eliminated by this in the quarter finals you'd probably say something else. (Note: I don't know what eliminated you this mAT.)

Simply Kedde
29-09-2008, 11:00
GWll eliminated DM in what was close to a mirror match with both teams running dual rangers. GWll had a me/e while DM ran a e/me.

David Holtzman
29-09-2008, 13:01
I think it's unfair to compare [DM] with the type of players that get rolled by this build.

I would expect bad players to be able to beat this. Build has no damage. You go all out and kill everything you can as they try to charge your lord. Because they need all 16 people (8 persons 8 pets) alive it is impossible to preprot all, so you can easily score kills in multiple places. The monks all have 3 skills minimum used up by the pet, pet rez, and run as one so they're very low on both energy and small prots/large heals.

While you do this you maintain dual veils on the lord so you can rip Spoil as soon as it hits. Insidious and Empathy are nowhere near enough to kill the lord. Of course, you should also be chain boosting this whole time and have one splittable character in their base cleaning up NPCs to prepare for the quick ganks you can do after you wipe them in your NPCs.

GWll eliminated DM in what was close to a mirror match with both teams running dual rangers.

DM eliminated its damn self by only practicing 3 days in the whole month before the MAT. GWII just helped.

Simply Kedde
29-09-2008, 16:47
That might be the other side of it. I just pointed out the builds as ate did mention he had yet to know what builds were run in that match.

shardfenix
30-09-2008, 01:21
Regardless, it's still a broken to **** 16v8 hexway that exploits a bug.

Last night I said something I thought I'd never say:

HA is the most balanced pvp arena.

raspberry jam
30-09-2008, 15:53
HA is the most balanced pvp arena.:laugh: ...aaaand Hell just froze over

Every change since they decided to start messing around with the VoD mechanic seems to have made things worse. I guess that "don't mess with a good thing" isn't a principle at ANet, but I have noticed that in other parts of GW as well.

Xunlai Agent
30-09-2008, 15:55
VoD was not good but this is worse...

Simply Kedde
30-09-2008, 15:56
Partly because of very sub optimal skill balancing and also due to the fact that even though a skill or a build can be balanced power wise, it might still be boring as **** to play or play against, calling for a nerf/buff scenario that as usual will fail to addres the true underlying issues, but instead change other things that didn't need a change.

Dogbert
30-09-2008, 16:55
Pets in pvp have brought nothing but lame builds. I fail to see a good reason why pets should be in pvp.

Yue
30-09-2008, 17:40
So thumpers can get blacked out.

shardfenix
01-10-2008, 04:04
I agree, pets have no place in pvp. Get an extra operson for 0 energy? Please tell me how it's balanced to have a skill that costs nothing and gives you a +14% passive chance of winning that match.

Ate of DK
01-10-2008, 11:11
And while Izzy is at it, remove heroes from GvG.
Henchman are fine but no heroes.

Ryuujinx
01-10-2008, 18:37
And while Izzy is at it, remove heroes from GvG.
Henchman are fine but no heroes.

But a perfectly synved discord sync was FUN! :P

Yes that is sarcasm.

Dogbert
01-10-2008, 19:22
Not that it matters much anymore. Gw is a bit dead at the moment. But i would expect that to any game over 2 years old.

shardfenix
02-10-2008, 03:33
Any game 2 years old and balanced so that retards can win effortlessly. If anyone else was balancing the game, people would still be playing it.

Monstrum
02-10-2008, 07:02
i'm sorry but i'll have to jump on the shardfenix bandwagon.

it just amazes me how you can spend years and millions developing this great game, have this loyal fanbase of dedicated players, then hire a complete and utter retarded ****-up who DOESN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME to balance it. and he openly admits it, i mean he can at least PRETEND he plays!!

i mean... u can get the top 100 players to balance it FOR FREE... why izzy??? for the love of god, whyyyyy?????????

dbrog
23-12-2008, 20:46
i'm sorry but i'll have to jump on the shardfenix bandwagon.

it just amazes me how you can spend years and millions developing this great game, have this loyal fanbase of dedicated players, then hire a complete and utter retarded ****-up who DOESN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME to balance it. and he openly admits it, i mean he can at least PRETEND he plays!!

i mean... u can get the top 100 players to balance it FOR FREE... why izzy??? for the love of god, whyyyyy?????????

Right. This allows the top 100 players to balance the game in their favor thus allowing them to gain a monopoly over the top 100.

Ryuujinx
23-12-2008, 21:49
Right. This allows the top 100 players to balance the game in their favor thus allowing them to gain a monopoly over the top 100.

lolwut? Top players all want balance so it's competitive. There isn't going to be some monopoly.

Simply Kedde
24-12-2008, 00:22
dbrog is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

This post smells of foul ignorance.

Ryuujinx
24-12-2008, 01:35

OHHH I remember you now!
You were the guy trying to troll david way back,

Fun times. Guess it's expected from you that you would say that, you seem to have a knack for trolling.

Savsuds
24-12-2008, 04:47
The top 100 won't unbalance the game for Izzy. They would do nothing vice balance. Heck, I remember nobody at Anet hardly ever correcting issues when they HAD the top players testing for them before Nightfall release.

Simply Kedde
24-12-2008, 09:36
They obviously can't have.

Sorale
31-12-2008, 02:05
Top 100 players WERE trying to balance the game for Izzy, but he ignored most of the suggestions.

Chicago Jack
03-01-2009, 03:26

This quote wreaks of, "I don't want to learn how to play the game. Instead of learning how to play the game, give me a game where I click a few buttons and stare at my computer, watching it do all the work for me."

If you're not good enough to be in top 100, why in the hell would you think you deserve to be? Lrn 2 play, nub.

Top 100 guilds must laugh hysterically at this type of comment. It's like the opponent going, "OMG LEET HAX." Hell yeah! Haha

shardfenix
08-02-2009, 19:53
If you're not good enough to be in top 100

Being in the top 100 doesn't require you to be good. rawr is a good example of this. Ever watched how they play on obs? The only reason they win is because nobody else plays anymore.