PDA

View Full Version : General PvE Build?

ZenithZero
06-06-2009, 06:45
I have a level 20 assassin, and i don't feel that i have been using it to it's full potential. What is the general build that most sins use when in PvE? thanks.

Tyris Requiem
06-06-2009, 08:37
Personally I use:

[Reapers Sweep][Mystic Sweep][Eremites Attack][Optional][Asuran Scan][Aura of Holy Might][Critical Agility][Way of the Master]

In the Optional slot I generally run either [[Malicious Strike] or [[Critical Defenses]. Also sometimes I use [[Wounding Strike] over [[Reapers Sweep], it depends on the area tbh.

Also the MS/DB bar is popular, it generally looks somthing like:

[Golden Fox Strike][Golden Fang Strike][Death Blossom][Moebius Strike][Asuran Scan][Critical Agility]["Save Yourselves!"][Resurrection Signet]

RadaArashi
07-06-2009, 03:21
Although not exactly general, I'd say this is on par with the two choices above. A good alternative for when you're tired of being melee, just pick up your casting set and shield and become a Deadly Arts caster.

The 'core' of the build is mostly [Dancing Daggers][Entangling Asp][Signet of Toxic Shock]

Then as means of Energy Management (since you gain no benifit from Critical Strikes' energy management when casting) and spammabilty you can use either:

[Lyssa's Aura][Deadly Paradox] works better on PvP

or

[Assassin's promise] which I'd recommend better for PvE, gives you freedom of choosing any secondary you like and allows recharge of skills like [You move like a Dwarf!], [Finish Him!], [Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support], etc.

The build's very effective, works very well on vanquishes and since you're mostly using Deadly Arts, you get quite a couple of slots and attribute points free to invest in utility that can allow you to assist to your party and such.

Kendel
07-06-2009, 03:47
I tend to use

[Mystic Sweep][Eremites Attack][Malicious Strike][Wounding Strike][Way of the Master][Critical Eye][Aura of Holy Might][Critical Agility][Critical Defences]

Crit Scythe w/ Aura is just stupidly overpowered... easily hits for 100+, closer to 200 on weaker HM foes. I prefer Wounding to Reapers, the spammability of Wounding makes it far better than Reapers imo, even in HM things can die pretty fast.

ZenithZero
07-06-2009, 11:14
im actually shocked to see than none of the replies are connected with daggers haha. if i wanted to be a caster, what should the exact skills i take be? and what kind of equipment and how much attribute points should i invest?

RadaArashi
07-06-2009, 23:59
No daggers? You must've missed this:

Also the MS/DB bar is popular, it generally looks somthing like:

[Golden Fox Strike][Golden Fang Strike][Death Blossom][Moebius Strike][Asuran Scan][Critical Agility]["Save Yourselves!"][Resurrection Signet]

While there are several dagger builds (like the Assassin Promise spiker) the Moebius Blossom is the most general and effective one on HM, thats why its the only one you're seeing right now, since the topic is "general pve build" hehe

As for the caster sin, just use radiant insignia, a 5e 20% enchants sword/axe/spear and a shield or any decent staff. I personally recommend:
[Assassin's Promise][Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support][Dancing Daggers][Entangling Asp][Signet of Toxic Shock][Finish Him!][Shadow Sanctuary][Optional]

Like I said in my post you can also use [[You move like a dwarf!] instead of [[Finish Him!], its a really flexible build that allows you to bring whatever you believe would be useful.

Kendel
08-06-2009, 01:47
im actually shocked to see than none of the replies are connected with daggers haha. if i wanted to be a caster, what should the exact skills i take be? and what kind of equipment and how much attribute points should i invest?

Aye... if i was facing foes that i knew would involve alot of defensive stances i'd go for daggers. You can easily run with Wild Strike to remove it and can churn out alot of damage too. But otherwise, Scythe all the way generally.