PDA

View Full Version : The Impossible Question - January 21, 2010

Kahlan
21-01-2010, 15:43
Rules:

1. You can only win once per week. If you have already won, you can still guess, but if you guess correctly, no one will get the prize for the day.

2. Thread will close once someone has picked the correct answer, and I will contact them in game. This means, if I don't know your in game name, I cannot get a hold of you. If you have won, I will send you a PM to get your contact information (so keep those PM boxes clear!).

3. One guess per post! And please, do not spam with guesses.

4. Googling is acceptable as *most* days the DJ picks a question that cannot be googled.

More rules are subject to be incorporated if need be. So, lets just have some fun!

And now, for the impossible question of the day:

Forty percent (40%) of men say they would not have gone through with the wedding had their bride-to-be insisted on this.

Alaris
21-01-2010, 15:46
*tries to refrain from making jokes*
*explodes from too much internal pressure*

Revonoc
21-01-2010, 15:51
keeping her maiden name

Alaris
21-01-2010, 15:52
Circumcision. (which I guess would be necessary if you had to change your religion to jewish, in order to get a jewish wedding)

Qanar
21-01-2010, 15:54
to combine the last names of bride and groom

like Luke Skywalker marries Leia Organa becomes

Luke Skywalker-Organa and Leia Skywalker-Organa

Alaris
21-01-2010, 15:54
Change their religion.

Revonoc
21-01-2010, 16:04

Incest ewwww.

Singing a prenup

Stormray
21-01-2010, 16:07
To take her surname.

Kahlan
21-01-2010, 16:15

Not the guy hyphenating his name, but just the female. You are correct though!

Alaris
21-01-2010, 16:19
Does that mean that 40% won't get married unless the wife takes his family name?

Really?

That is so... grrr...

Rockweaver
21-01-2010, 23:53
in the states it is a common practice for the wife to take the husbands name as her sir name many will swap the middle name they have from birth for the family name they are from .

Example a woman named Beth Ann Morgan gets married to a guy named Steven Henry Smith (note the names are random and made up i do not know anyone by the names listed above... End of disclamer)

her new name would be Beth (Ann or Morgan) Smith depending on which name she kept for her middle name. i have seen it done both ways in the same family.

my wife kept her middle name while her sister swapped for the madin name.

go figure cause i can not.