PDA

View Full Version : Solution to get everyone in HA. Anet read :)

Paine
06-05-2010, 22:25
Remove this thread please.

Nochtflamir
06-05-2010, 23:33
So your plan is to punish the people that are good/have been at it for some time when they want to duke it out with their experience level?

A more reasonable approach would be to give a set bonus per match, capped at X number of matches a month, when they do form a party with lower ranks (3 or more difference). This way, rank 6 and a rank 9 can both help a mostly rank 0-3 team, and both would benefit, and the team wouldn't be all new players, so they might have a chance.

Avatan
06-05-2010, 23:39
So your plan is to punish the people that are good/have been at it for some time when they want to duke it out with their experience level?

A more reasonable approach would be to give a set bonus per match, capped at X number of matches a month, when they do form a party with lower ranks (3 or more difference). This way, rank 6 and a rank 9 can both help a mostly rank 0-3 team, and both would benefit, and the team wouldn't be all new players, so they might have a chance.

Yeah, I really like this idea. o- o;

I think the term for this is boosting.

I'd hate to be punished for being the carrier of a team.

That just seems unfair..

Simply Kedde
06-05-2010, 23:48
Ohi, I'll start using all my secondary accounts, guild accounts and have the people I know never bothered to play tombs in my teams now, then I'll get ten times the fame without having to play with retards.

A highranked team is still going to rack up more fame playing with players who actually don't suck at what they need to do, than to earn 1,5 times fame for having 1/3 of the team being scrubs.

raspberry jam
07-05-2010, 10:37
Amazingly enough this idea is slightly worse than 6v6

Psylocke
07-05-2010, 19:44
I think that Anet should disable showing/emoting player's hero ranks while in the Battle Isles so that there'd be no more rank discrimination. Also, they should add the requirement of at least 1 or 2 non-ranked players to enter HA. It'd be an extreme measure, but at least that'd teach the **** 1337ist high ranks not to discriminate! It'd probably destroy what little activity exists in HA (LOL... mesmer/ranger rupt bots, monk bots, blind bots, etc.) but... even if it did, GOOD RIDDANCE to BAD RUBBISH. HA is bad to begin with, and it's filled with rank-spiking retorting malicious trolls. I'd have zero sympathy for them if such a system were implemented, tbh.

Simply Kedde
07-05-2010, 21:39
It's still funny to see when everyone is crying about rank discrimination.

I want to play with good people, but I don't want to prove I'm good myself.
Just no.

kokabel
07-05-2010, 22:57
Considering I managed to get ranked (and am aiming for the next emote) then everyone should be able to get ranks without resorting to ridiculous measures.

I'm by no means a good player. I just shut the hell up, don't whine about rank discrimination and play the build I'm given. I also make friends with the players I like. Some of them happen to have higher ranks and trust me enough to let me into their r9+ groups, even though I'm still r4.

I've never had anyone act elitist or maliciously trollish towards me in HA. This is possibly because I don't stand around crying about how I can't get into those high req groups.

Avatan
08-05-2010, 01:28
Amazingly enough this idea is slightly worse than 6v6

I agree, raspberry. This is retarded.

Unnamed
19-10-2010, 21:14
Another option would be.... random teams! Make it just like Random Arena but in 8v8s with 3 teams competing on each map - could be absolute chaos but could be fun for a while (Ok, the first month anyway)

Some combinations may be absolutely stuffed but as long as teams are only matched against others as they progress, teams should gradually grow more robust (or get spanked in the first round). Would like to see it messed around a bit though. I don't object to working in a team, I just hate the 30minutes standing around at the start trying to agree a coordinated team build - Games are meant to be fun!

Simply Kedde
20-10-2010, 00:25
Or, wait, they could leave it as it is and not do something completely retarded.

raspberry jam
20-10-2010, 10:44
Or, wait, they could leave it as it is and not do something completely retarded.I never would have thought that this thread could actually spawn a good idea. But there it is.