PDA

View Full Version : Engineering

DavidC
19-05-2011, 21:40
Next profession is out with turrets, grenades, mines, explosions and all sorts of decidedly un-Guild-Warsy things. If the guns didn't make it clear that GW2 was leaving the fantasy world behind, there's no doubt now.

I will admit that I was and still am a little skeptical. I understand that technology would progress over a few hundred years and it isn't surprising that someone would have figured out gun powder, but it still feels a little weird. Historically, gun powder and firearms are what ended swords, armor and archery as viable combat technologies. Maybe "magic" is what balances out the technology in this world

That said, I freakin' LOVE this profession. I've been waiting for one of these announcements to click with me and one finally did. AOE? Check. DOT? Yes, please. Remote damage? Set-it-and-forget-it? Better believe it.

I believe we still have at least one profession to go, but this one smells like my main at this point.

Mehtis
19-05-2011, 21:49
We already have threads on this topic.

DavidC
19-05-2011, 22:26
Didn't see any in this forum and didn't realize that posting one would cause a problem.

:sealed:

Mehtis
20-05-2011, 05:46
It's not such a big problem, it's just that there's not much point in having multiple topics on the same subject. It also fragments the discussions. My post might have come off as a bit rude but I was just heading for bed so I had no time to elaborate. So no worries. :smiley:

snowmanaxt
20-05-2011, 21:42
They probably mean the thread in the GW2 Professions Forum. Though I think the person who posted it here probably doesn't visit there or is possibly trying to discuss it with just MVOP members.

Klojamir
20-05-2011, 22:13
I tend to stay just in this forum, and not go to the other discussions. So for me it was nice to see a new topic.

Mehtis
20-05-2011, 22:26
Didn't notice that it's your forum section. I just went by new posts.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Klojamir
20-05-2011, 22:38
Maybe I need to get out a little, and see what's out there. :)

SassySusan
23-05-2011, 00:15
Would it be possible to have a GW2 related area in just the MVoP section? I am sure lots of us will migrate over once the game comes out in the hopefully not-too-distant future.

EnoughAlready
23-05-2011, 13:38
Maybe I need to get out a little, and see what's out there. :)

I was going to stay within the MVOP forum. Until I was told off.
It isn't so scary out there GWOnLand.

Nochtflamir
23-05-2011, 14:15
I was going to stay within the MVOP forum. Until I was told off.
It isn't so scary out there GWOnLand.

Just don't go off into the dark corners of PvP meta discussion ;)

Cornish Rocker
24-05-2011, 00:07
Nothing can be worse than the Xbox 360 fanboy section of the Gamespot forums. Even MMO PvP discussion.

cursedseishi
24-05-2011, 03:58
Nothing can be worse than the Xbox 360 fanboy section of the Gamespot forums. Even MMO PvP discussion.

Aww, but nothing is deeper than that the intricate whining of noobtubes, upper-cut spams, Ryu/Ken/Akuma-hoggers, and especially the examination of the "F^&$ YOO"!

*has never been near the Gamespot forums, to be fair*