PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to try this by day 1?

kronez
25-01-2012, 10:25
5 mesmer team for dungeons. Anyone thinking of trying such a thing? Imagine all of the teleportation and other devious tricks a mesmer would do on enemies. They've made me interested in a class i rarely played in gw1 due to the style, not my style. Just came to me when reading the funny, "thief is useless i pve and pvp" type of threads when we don't even know their entire skill set and the reworks done to steal and such. Funny to read. I'll just wait for the game and try them myself.

shawn
25-01-2012, 11:59
Thief is useless? Hahaha what.
I'd like to see their face when they get destroyed by thieves in pvp.

But yeah. Mesmers. Sure. Pity they never got Inspiration-inspired utility skils for healing/buffing though.

Alaris
25-01-2012, 14:35
Seems every profession will have its use, but team-wise my fun will be with diverse teams. I like to have a good mix, especially as I tend to prefer playing support in teams. I also have to admit, I never tried a all-X team (although we came close to running all-rit when everyone and their mother showed up with a rit one day and we just decided to see if we could make that work).

Akirai Annuvil
26-01-2012, 13:24
All rit groups used to be hella fun (post nerf Factions featured quite a few gatherings). Took some coordination to get things on track with so many conflicting skill types.

Alaris
26-01-2012, 13:56
Yeah, but with rits being so versatile, it was still easy to get a good balanced group going. I loved it. That's one reason I love hybrids so much...

Minionman
28-01-2012, 05:15
Pity they never got Inspiration-inspired utility skils for healing/buffing though.

We haven't seen most of the utility skills, so some may have snuck in there. (Inspiration type skills would seem to fit best there, though we'll have to see what happens.)

shawn
28-01-2012, 05:22
True, although I figured if they had a really strong utility "spec" it would have been talked about in the preview, such as the with the guardian and water elementalist.

tapatalked with swiftkey

GrimShade
08-02-2012, 21:02
First off aren't dungeons are supposed to be more end game? I doubt they will have a lvl 1 or even lvl 10 dungeon. So good luck doing it on day 1. I may be wrong though.

Also if a five man mez run won't work or the Theif is useless in PvE or PvP then ANet failed at what they told us they would do, balance each class so it can handle many different situations. Between the trait system and the different weapons there must be a way to get 5 different Mez's through a dungeon.

Alaris
08-02-2012, 21:59
I think dungeons start at level 30, out of 80. So early midgame.

As for thieves and mesmers, initial balance may be rough but I expect a decent balance to be established fairly early for PvP and dungeons.