PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Pets

Смерть
22-02-2012, 04:47
I found this video from the beta revealing all the pets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6In1WDeE30

I want a raven for my necro, but alas. Looking into maybe making a Ranger now; some pretty cool pets!

And lmao when he pulls up the water pets on land and nothing happens, a few seconds later screen goes black, then *bam*, he is in the water XD.

Lady Rhonwyn
22-02-2012, 06:34
I already found my pet! There will be another Stalker in the game!

ZNoble
27-03-2012, 01:01
I like the fact that they have pets that are both land and water capable. So if you didn't like some of the pure aquatic you can still have a land pet able to go in the water.

Alaris
27-03-2012, 01:07
So wait, does it mean you can have the same pet on land and in water?

Or better yet, that there are some pets you can

By the way, necro minions totally can swim. Turrets, not so much.

Lady Rhonwyn
27-03-2012, 07:30
So wait, does it mean you can have the same pet on land and in water?

Or better yet, that there are some pets you can

Yes. Some pets are both aquatic as landbased. I was rather surprised when my stalker followed me underwater when I only had that one available. But as soon as I had charmed a drake, it replaced (by default, you can change it again!) my stalker as first available pet.

Alaris
27-03-2012, 12:41
I didn't figure out how to charm a pet. Standard pet ftl. Although mine was a devourer, that one is pretty cool.

Lady Rhonwyn
27-03-2012, 13:38
I didn't figure out how to charm a pet. Standard pet ftl. Although mine was a devourer, that one is pretty cool.

Easy! Simply walk up to it :tongue:

Alaris
27-03-2012, 13:42
Really? And you click on it or something?

Lady Rhonwyn
27-03-2012, 13:42
Simply use the use key: F.

I got it frapped, it'll be available on GWOnline TV as soon as I can organize my videos...

Alaris
27-03-2012, 13:46
Now I feel I missed out on a lot of pets. Still, I would probably have stuck with my devourer. Ranged attack ftw, especially with the poison cloud special attack I could combo off of.

Gorani
27-03-2012, 19:02
Simply use the use key: F.

I got it frapped, it'll be available on GWOnline TV as soon as I can organize my videos...

You capped a moose, right! :laugh:

Lady Rhonwyn
27-03-2012, 20:20
You capped a moose, right! :laugh:

No, needed its meat for hamburgers and cheeseburgers!

Alaris
27-03-2012, 20:22
Mooseburgers are so delicious.

Смерть
31-03-2012, 07:29
The Sylvari are really going to be a conflicted race in GW2. Their engineers use flame throwers, now their rangers will taming the same animals that eat their closest relatives. I would love to see ANet put in a carnivorous plant pet like a gigantic venues Fly Trap or something like it! Seriously, it would work; I am kind of surprised actually in not seeing something like it already in the game.

edit:
Never mind, I found the "plant dog", but I still want a carnivorous plant like off of Little Shop of Horrors :tongue:.

bearsfwd
31-03-2012, 13:45
I want a raven for my necro, but alas. Looking into maybe making a Ranger now; some pretty cool pets!

You could always make a goth ranger. :tongue:

I'm not 100% sure what I will use right now, but I'm leaning towards a polar bear, a shark, and something else...not sure though.

Lady Rhonwyn
31-03-2012, 21:39
They're at the tip of your finger, so you can simply charm them all and change the set of two for the situation (before you enter the situation, naturally!)

Karuro
31-03-2012, 21:53
So we already had a red (normal), white and black Moa in GW1.. Now we got Blue too in GW2?
Bring in the racing from Final Fantasy 7 while you're at it.

bobrichmond
13-06-2012, 05:29
What are all the pet choices in the 3 races opening personal story? I recall that human's are stalker, bear, and drake. Also wondering what pets everybody has found and where. I got the drake as my personal story pet when making my human ranger. I did find another animal that could be a pet in the starting human area during BWE1, but don't remember what it was. During BWE2 I explored the highest level available human area and found a Tyrian Drakehound.

Lady Rhonwyn
13-06-2012, 07:11
What are all the pet choices in the 3 races opening personal story? I recall that human's are stalker, bear, and drake. Also wondering what pets everybody has found and where. I got the drake as my personal story pet when making my human ranger. I did find another animal that could be a pet in the starting human area during BWE1, but don't remember what it was. During BWE2 I explored the highest level available human area and found a Tyrian Drakehound.

I've only played a ranger during the press beta. But I've seen owls, raven, sharks, jellies, bears (brown and white), moas, drakes, pigs...

Sharkinu
13-06-2012, 10:14
Cant remember what pets were in personal story, but during my world explorations in BWE1 and BWE2 I've charmed raven, eagle, owl, 2 types of devourers, pig, boar, warthog, shark, red moa, a type of jellyfish, snow leopard, alpine wolf, armorfish, 2-3 types of bears, and some drake. Maybe I missed some...

sorudo
13-06-2012, 19:22
i will probably make ether a sylvari ranger or a norn ranger so i'll have ether the devourer or the raptor (if possible).

btw, has anyone noticed that one of the moa's look way to much like a dodo bird?

bobrichmond
13-06-2012, 20:54
Ok I have a question. Are all the charmable pets friendly before you charm them? If so, I only have to look for non-red animal names and see if the Charm interface comes up.

Sir Jack
13-06-2012, 21:55
Ok I have a question. Are all the charmable pets friendly before you charm them? If so, I only have to look for non-red animal names and see if the Charm interface comes up.

Yup. Charmable pets are listed as Friendly and have "Juvenile ..." in their name. Walking close to them, you can charm them by simply pressing 'F', which opens a screen to "equip" it at once, so do it outside of combat or you can't see a thing.

bobrichmond
13-06-2012, 23:11
...Charmable pets are listed as Friendly and have "Juvenile ..." in their name...
I guess the "Juvenile..." would be the thing I should look for! I did find a pet during BWE1, but was too busy fighting to notice much beyond the Charm interface coming up. However I did find another (Juvenile Tyrian Drakehound) during BWE2 and charmed him.

Oh and another question: Do you ever find charmable animals in the major towns or just in the areas that you could possibly be fighting in?

Sir Jack
13-06-2012, 23:24
Polar Bears in Hoelbrak, Blue Jellyfish in LA, a type of Devourer in the Black Citadel, Krytan Drakehounds in Divinity Reach.

Could be there are some others, but those are the ones I know of/found. I think Armorfish are in LA as well.

Beren Iluthiel
14-06-2012, 11:39
Remember. In GW2 you'll be your pet's pet.
I'm still dreaming of a petless build, I know I'm stupid.
"Go warrior and equip a longbow!"
Me don't like heavy armor. Me want to be Aragorn. Such a nerd.

Alaris
14-06-2012, 13:43
I'm still dreaming of a petless build, I know I'm stupid.

Me too.

The nice thing would be to be able to switch between pet and petless, instead of having to play different characters.

Although having some ranged pets is nice. I wonder if they suffer as much in PvP and WvW as melee pets.

Sir Jack
14-06-2012, 18:02
Would be difficult to balance, because as it stands, it's quite possible any petless build is better than having a pet. Their non-responsiveness and general low survivability -apart from Bears, Jellyfish and Moa's- barely even make them useful as tanks/punching bags.

Although at the moment, you are pretty much immortal if you're a bit lucky they target you when downed and you can use your pet to heal you faster than they can damage you.

Alaris
14-06-2012, 18:10
To avoid repeating a long thread, I'd be fine with petless being a bit less good than pet with its AI. Pet ranger should always be the preferred option, but petless should be viable (and fun) too.

I don't really care what the min/max crowd says, I like having options in my games even if some of them are not optimal.

Gorani
15-06-2012, 18:14
I think Armorfish are in LA as well.

If you go down the sewer system in LA, there are two juvenile armorfish in a pit that is filled with remains of sunken boats.

Sharkinu
15-06-2012, 19:18
That was suppose to be a secret <_< :sealed:

Ace_wanderer
18-07-2012, 16:09
Are those all the pets? I was hoping to use a turtle.

Alaris
18-07-2012, 18:11
I assume there are more, but hey, maybe we get the siege turtle when Cantha expansion comes?

Erring Ryft
25-07-2012, 00:52
Did it surprise anyone else that the plant dog can't swim? Kinda figured it'd be a natural.

Raye
28-07-2012, 22:05
yEFUAyWkDRU

The guy basically goes over each pet and the abilities they have. It's kind of amusing too.

sorudo
28-07-2012, 22:14
I assume there are more, but hey, maybe we get the siege turtle when Cantha expansion comes?

i don't think this will happen but i would love to have a raptor, of all the pets this would be the only one i can stand.
almost all the pets are way to fluffy or way to boring, i like the black widow but if that's all then i have low hopes.