PDA

View Full Version : Lack of IMS on weapon skills - does it bug you?

Erring Ryft
03-05-2012, 04:40
Odds are I wouldn't make the thread if it didn't bug me a little.

Here's the thing: I know Guardian has a pretty good number of skills for closing distance (leaps, teleports, and the like) but sometimes you just need to run someone down and bash them with your hammer and a tele isn't going to cover it.

And as I look over at the Elementalist, I see quite a few options for speed boosts that feel a bit superfluous given the nature of their roles (not entirely superfluous, but enough that I didn't feel I needed ALL of them), while we're stuck with "Retreat!". It's a good skill, but I'm not sure if I always want to use a utility slot on it.

Anyone else wish there was just one IMS on a Guardian weapon choice (maybe the focus)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RD
03-05-2012, 04:56
I'm not sure exactly what an IMS is... Speed boost?

Anyway, what doesn't a teleport cover what you need? In addition to the one skill with a speed boost that you indicated, it looks like you also have a couple of teleport utility skills. Staff appears to have a skill that grants swiftness, too.

Erring Ryft
03-05-2012, 05:10
Staff does, but it's a symbol that has to be cast and then stood in for a moment before it takes effect - and even then, it's so short. The teles are fine for PvE, where things will likely keep rushing you, but people who do the thinking thing will see the tele, roll out of the way, and kite away while laughing at my lack of long range damage or means to catch them when the tele is on cool down. It just feels like it's missing.

harniq
03-05-2012, 12:29
We've not seen all skills yet. Cross fingers and pray.

My necro has no finisher in his utilities, and almost no weapons offer one. Staff has 3 so I feel forced to carry a staff in area heavy groups. So be happy to at least have this skill in your utilities so it's always available.

shawn
03-05-2012, 12:43
RETREAT!

No, seriously.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Retreat!%22

Hella long cooldown, though.

Erring Ryft
03-05-2012, 13:15
It really needs to be renamed. No one's using it to get away, that I saw.

shawn
03-05-2012, 13:36
I used it once, as I was killing a thief and some engineer showed up, then they both ran after me relentlessly until I died.
So the retreat was unsuccessful anyway.

Also a trait reduces cooldowns of shouts by 20%, but a 48 cooldown for 15 seconds of running is still rather long.

Skyy High
03-05-2012, 21:35
Everyone has weaknesses. Guardian isn't the most mobile of classes, I'm pretty sure that's by design considering how good they are at area control. Stick by a warrior or ranger with a warhorn or an air ele, you'll get your speedboost.

Erring Ryft
04-05-2012, 00:23
Everyone has weaknesses. Guardian isn't the most mobile of classes, I'm pretty sure that's by design considering how good they are at area control. Stick by a warrior or ranger with a warhorn or an air ele, you'll get your speedboost.

Ugh, other people?! Surely you jest. Are their party boosts limited to a certain number of folks, too (I'd imagine yes)?