PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

The World of Tyria according to Fae

1. A GW Experiment with numbers and the HoM part 3

by , 25-07-2012 at 16:32 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    For the past few months I've been doing an experiment in Guild Wars, on the premise of "dead game is dead" I wanted to put this to the test, and just see how alive this 7 year old (6 at the time) game actually is.

The idea was simple. Find 50 people (making sure, as best I could, they're not the same person) of random passers-by through Lion's Arch International. The only condition was that they were level 20. I also made sure I wasn't getting people with the same guild ...
    Tags: for science!, gw1
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  2. A GW Experiment with numbers and the HoM part 2

by , 25-04-2012 at 15:55 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    A while ago, I made a blog post regarding the claim that no-one plays Guild Wars anymore, everyone has a maxed out HoM and just stands around in Kamadan all day.

I took the names of 50 passers by in Lion's Arch International one day, making sure they weren't the same person (as best as I could) and making sure they were all level 20. This post is located here.

What I found this time round was:

* The person with 0 points still had 0.

Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  3. I like big closets and I cannot lie.

by , 12-04-2012 at 17:48 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    While zapping some blog spam just now I realised "Oh hey, I should write in this thing."

My GW adventures recently have been quite limited on the actual playing. A few months ago I was pondering getting GWAMM for my Monk and I did this around Decemberish I think. After that I was kinda bored on what to do next. My Ranger was my first GW character but then got neglected when my Ele appeared in December of 2007. Decided to give the Ranger a final hurrah! And give her a bit ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A GW Experiment with numbers and the HoM

by , 25-01-2012 at 20:56 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    I've seen a lot of talk recently where people have said things along the lines of "No-one's playing anymore. They all have 50/50 HoMs and GWAMMs and just stand around in Kamadan" or "It's too late to join Guild Wars, everyone's done everything, I'll be so far behind". I was irritated by these statements, so I decided to do a little experiment.

The Experiment:

Today, while standing in Lion's Arch International, whenever someone came into the district, ...
    Tags: for science!, gw1
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  5. Events and Party dresses

by , 23-01-2012 at 17:01 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    It's no secret that I like GW's events (or any game's events really). And it's no secret that I like armor. My alliance named an armor-collecting condition after me. It's called Faeitis, and its the compulsion to buy armor sets you don't need or even want. Guild Wars events give me a chance to have fun with the event itself, and have fun with how I present my character.

At Wintersday, my characters are wrapped up snug in fluffy armor or are decorated in bright greens and vibrant ...
    Tags: armor, events
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast