PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

Guild Wars 1

Blog posts about anything Guild Wars 1

1. A GW Experiment with numbers and the HoM part 3

by , 25-07-2012 at 16:32 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    For the past few months I've been doing an experiment in Guild Wars, on the premise of "dead game is dead" I wanted to put this to the test, and just see how alive this 7 year old (6 at the time) game actually is.

The idea was simple. Find 50 people (making sure, as best I could, they're not the same person) of random passers-by through Lion's Arch International. The only condition was that they were level 20. I also made sure I wasn't getting people with the same guild ...
    Tags: for science!, gw1
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  2. A GW Experiment with numbers and the HoM part 2

by , 25-04-2012 at 15:55 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    A while ago, I made a blog post regarding the claim that no-one plays Guild Wars anymore, everyone has a maxed out HoM and just stands around in Kamadan all day.

I took the names of 50 passers by in Lion's Arch International one day, making sure they weren't the same person (as best as I could) and making sure they were all level 20. This post is located here.

What I found this time round was:

* The person with 0 points still had 0.

Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  3. A GW Experiment with numbers and the HoM

by , 25-01-2012 at 20:56 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    I've seen a lot of talk recently where people have said things along the lines of "No-one's playing anymore. They all have 50/50 HoMs and GWAMMs and just stand around in Kamadan" or "It's too late to join Guild Wars, everyone's done everything, I'll be so far behind". I was irritated by these statements, so I decided to do a little experiment.

The Experiment:

Today, while standing in Lion's Arch International, whenever someone came into the district, ...
    Tags: for science!, gw1
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  4. Events and Party dresses

by , 23-01-2012 at 17:01 (The World of Tyria according to Fae)
    It's no secret that I like GW's events (or any game's events really). And it's no secret that I like armor. My alliance named an armor-collecting condition after me. It's called Faeitis, and its the compulsion to buy armor sets you don't need or even want. Guild Wars events give me a chance to have fun with the event itself, and have fun with how I present my character.

At Wintersday, my characters are wrapped up snug in fluffy armor or are decorated in bright greens and vibrant ...
    Tags: armor, events
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1