PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

Lytha's Blog

It's just my boring GW notes.
Guides to mesmer & H+H HM, and occasional ranting included.

1. Challenges (yes, it's also about Dwarf Fortess, but not purely).

I've ended up on yet another map, this time, it's a freezing map, but with all the goods. And goblins, which may turn out to be a pain, because I'm not defended properly yet.

Anyway, I have not only cut down the immigration rate completely - which increases the difficulty a bit. I also went for another challenge: embarking with next to no points spent on the embark screen. I only aquired 2 dogs and 2 kitten; and I spent some points on social skills for the person I wanted to be the ...

Updated 08-03-2010 at 19:18 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. And yet another... Dwarf Fortress pt.6

No picture from the 3d visualizer for now.

I got a bit bored with Gigidolon. It was all functioning well and was just a matter of repetition of certain activities for the next couple of years, I think... unless I'd have started the insane architecture projects or opened the pit of hell.

So... right.

Zuglarnuglas ("Shipisland") is the new one.

I wanted to mess around with the aquifers for a while now. Last time I had one, I ...

Updated 02-03-2010 at 10:28 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dwarf Fortress pt.5 - Giginolin

So, lets start a new entry, since the last one got long.

Giginolin, which means "Fliertong" is an outpost on a new world which I tweaked a lot on its generation. You know, I wanted just too many features on a small map so that a normal world generation didn't provide me with what I was looking for, unless it was the one chance in a thousand.

This map is small (4x4). It has a magma ...

Updated 25-02-2010 at 20:23 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dwarf Fortress pt.4

So, yeah, I am still playing this. :)

I have a pretty safe defense setup now indeed (until goblins learn how to cut down my drawbridges, I guess), but that didn't help me against dwarven stupidity.

For instance, one dwarf just HAD TO run out of the bunker to collect spider webs. Of course this is a task that is normally automatically given by the Loom workshop, but I had set this to manual control. Only he kept running and running... and attracting the aggro of a giant ...

Updated 22-02-2010 at 20:37 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Dwarf Fortress pt.3: Some pics of "Merchantpeace of 7th Moonstone"

Noa asked for this. ;)

I'll post some screenshots of the mighty fortress called Asmelbisól Zarut, "Merchantpeace". It's a small map on top of a mountain that covers its surprises very well with a bland surface.

Lets start with the 3d visualizer of a part of the surface.

You need to know that the 3d visualizer is a 3rd party program. It's made by a fan. ...

Updated 17-02-2010 at 00:44 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast