PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

Lytha's Blog

It's just my boring GW notes.
Guides to mesmer & H+H HM, and occasional ranting included.

1. Weirdness. I'm at a loss. Ingame problem with people and socializing.

Lets say you like a game a lot, but only parts of it. For instance, you like the storyline; but you loathe the fact that you will have to grind for certain things.

Lets say the game is still being developed and updated, and the devs seem to think that the game will become better if they introduce more grind and some schedules for the player: "this week, you will grind here; next week, you will grind there."

Lets say you get fed up with this direction they ...

Updated 11-11-2009 at 14:37 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Nefertari's Blog II

Welcome to the second part of this character's blog. While I have updated the first entry regularly, people have started to ask me about the progress, so the updates clearly went unnoticed. ;)

Since I'm now done with all the newbie zones and since the last entry is in danger of falling off the "latest blog entries" on the main page, I'm making a new one.

I am making the survival to more of a problem on this character than I would normally do - only one hero ...

Updated 16-11-2009 at 12:19 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. This is so much more fun

(Two blog entries during one day? Feel free to throw rocks at me now.)

Right!

I'm at the new mesmer now.

While I will play the quests and missions quite in the ordinary sequence of events, I'm watching my own story in my mind during this, which is a bit different from the game's.

But nevermind that for now.

This mesmer has traveled with Kihm and Gheraz for now. No Koss, no Dunkoro, no other hero or hench.

Updated 09-11-2009 at 21:20 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. So, what's the little survivor gonna do next?

Istan is done. Well, except the Ashigun quest, the quest of the ghost, the drunken shrauben and some other Lahtenda Bog re-runs.

I'm also lvl 20 now.

Instead of doing any more Lahtenda Bog revisits or Consulate Docks, I ran off to Tyria, because that seemed to be the most natural thing to do.

Now I'm a bit at a loss though.

What do my survivors do at this point?

Right. Lets see.

Bottlenecks: ...

Updated 04-11-2009 at 14:39 by Lytha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Istan.

... home of the "you'll have to rezone into each explorable multiple times for all our funny little side quests"-approach.

It's annoying.

But I just managed to do all of the following in one mop up:
    - Mysterious Missive
    - One good turn deserves another
    - Evil Mime
    - Fish of the day
    - Rising Sons
    - ... that quest with the "magical compass"
    - ... that quest with the altar and the djinn
    Categories
    Uncategorized