PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

Nikhera's GW Rantings

Rants, praise, and a series of entries chronicling my activity in GW.

1. Tyrian Vanquisher and Tyrian Cartographer

gw779 copy.jpg

Doing my own little victory dance etc.

Rundown of how my vqing went:

Talmark Wilderness: Easy, except for the fire imps. It really is pretty in here.

Majesty's Rest: I didn't set up a team for Rotscale, so predictably, I did a terrible job. When he was finally dead, we limped away at 60% DP (mostly) and finished the vanquish.

Snake Dance, Dreadnought's Drift and Lornar's Pass: Snake Dance is a large but ...

Updated 14-08-2012 at 02:22 by Nikhera

Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  2. More Progress in Tyrian Vanquisher

So I am at 40/54!

Which means I am 3/4 done!

Ok, what have I done since then?

I did Ascalon Foothills, Diessa Lowlands and Dragon's Gullet in "one go." And what I mean by that is that Ascalon Foothills took me a really long time because I kept leeroying into hydras. We wiped quite a bit and most of us had death penalty. It's fun getting instagibbed by a single Inferno!

But we recovered and headed into Diessa Lowlands, which took me two ...
    Tags: titles
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  3. Tyrian Vanquisher

Oh dear. This title.

I actually started a long time ago, referenced in this entry. With Cantha and Elona, with like, a single exception (Hello Crystal Overlook?) everything is connected to an outpost so there is no reason to do multiple areas in a row.

You just kinda do it, finish, get a cup of tea, merch your crap and if you feel up to it do another. Right?

No such thing with Tyria. And it's especially bad when you realize you can chain vanquish from a higher ...
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1
  4. Master of the North

gw674.jpg

Oh my goodness :D Done!

So in the end it took a long time. But it wasn't so bad. I think one of the reasons it didn't seem as much of a drag as it should have was because of my two month vacation. That kinda split it up and made it less tedious. Also, doing the occasional run with alliance people or getting a run helped, too.

Riven Earth remains unvanquished, and will never be, thanks to having done Slaver's Exile and scraped everything ...
    Categories
    Guild Wars 1