PC Gaming News

Blog Comments

Sweet.
    Plus, it also allows for some fantastic RP moments such as:

I think they left the dumb one to protect the Eye. >.>

Updated 02-11-2011 at 10:18 by upier
    The new mesmer:

But this is how she looks in-game:

The Pyre tonic is the single greatest thing in GW atm.
    Updated 02-11-2011 at 07:37 by upier
    So after remaking my mesmer some 5+ times I've decided it's going to be a guy or bust. I was only able to deal with the girl when I was running around in the Razzy tonic, but that got old really fast.
    Awesome idea.
    O!
    M!
    G!

I am TOTALLY toying with the idea of making a drag queen mesmer! The broad shoulders, the implant-like boobs, the slutty outfits, one of my outrageous names, ... - I think that might actually work!

And yes, I've been watching this WAY too much:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8aTHf01OFo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFjnlMkJDo
    I'll probably give it a bit more FA testing, but I doubt it. I'll most likely end up not making a new mesmer than making a girl - it just bugs me that much.

This also marks one of those rare occasions where I don't have a PvE mesmer on my account (I deleted Ibn because I disliked his name, which also meant having to trash his Tormented set >.>) - I actually currently have more PvP-only characters than PvE ones!
    She's gorgeous, but I know from myself that I find it extremely difficult to watch and listen to a character of the unusual gender choice.

Give it a shot and see if you like it or not. :)
    Yes, I think so too!

Seriously... most of those skins are so ugly that only a Koss would enjoy to run around with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lytha
    You can give the bows and daggers and other random junk to the heroes of the character who put them into the HoM.
    Yeah, being too cheap to buy Koss some runes while having him run around with Tormented weapons sounds like a plan!
    You can give the bows and daggers and other random junk to the heroes of the character who put them into the HoM.
    Agreed on the weapon thing. HoM just makes no sense that way. You have to customize the weapons to the character. Ok, but what use does a profession X have for every single item from the other 9 professions? Srsly. At least not you can switch between account and character view so you don't have to dedicate your bow on an Elementalist, but a Ranger instead. Still, though.

This is all hype backlash. Anet was so hush hush about the whole thing and the reality was much different from the expectation. If they had given us more details, maybe not so many people would be disappointed.

Anyways, congrats on the full HoM! Enjoy the spoils :D ...well, in the future anyways!
    So, a few hours after I got my monitor back I was greeted with a stuck pixel RIGHT in the middle of the screen. Now I ALWAYS have a cross-hair with me - even when I am writing stuff in Word. >.>

Trying to get it unstuck and if that doesn't work - it's back to the shop. Or, hopefully, they'll just give me a refund.
    Yes. FoW armor is another example for "expensive is not automatically pretty". Well... some mesmeresses look good in the top and the skirt ( ), but the boots are extremely ugly and the gloves just look like all of the other gloves do.

And for some professions, FoW is one of the ugliest choices, in my opinion.

Yeah well. I will get 3 more points in the next 2 weeks, because I plan on continuing my daily 6k zaishen elite farming for zkeys.

Minis... I have 29 now. I didn't buy or sell any, I just dedicated them on Juliania. That's still a lot missing.

And weapons. Heh, I have some WiK stuff now (staff, wand, focus). It was completely empty before. But yes, now that I have discovered that DoA isn't actually all that bad, I might get a full gem set in a while and add a tormented weapon. And well, I have more than enough diamonds and onyxes for the destroyer crap, but they're so awfully ugly that I don't want them at all.
    I needed some 5 or so weapons (daggers, bows, mesmer weapons) and the rest were completely wasted. There's no reason why my assassin would have a sword or an axe, let alone multiple swords or axes. >.>
    As for minies - I just collected them over the years and got a few from some nice people. I think I ended up buying 5 or less.

But yeah, as I was throwing a fit on Guru2, I agree - HoM is designed insanely poorly. The whole point of HoM is to have pretty items and then A.Net limits what they consider pretty. I'd be running around with the Nightfall end-game green daggers (the Oni ones) if I didn't need these skins for HoM. Asura bow instead of Tormented. The metal chakram instead of the Tormy focus.
    I absolutely play for the pretty - but just because something is super expensive, that doesn't make it pretty.
    Hehe, nice.

I don't think that I will ever fill mine, because I refuse to stand around in Kamadan, trying to buy stupid minis. And because I really can't be bothered to get the ugly weapons at all.
    I love how your message totally shut them down with no hope of rebuttal. Good job :D
    I am still surprised.

Welcome back!
    Aye, I sent them an email explaining the thing:
    Hello again.
    Thanks for the answer.
    The problem though is that the name, "Smelly Seaman", is a direct reference to a currently available Guild Wars quest - A Sticky Operation.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/A_Sticky_Operation
    If the name really is problematic, I would have expected the the name would not be appearing in the game itself because it can lead to problems such as this, where players are in absolutely no way able to tell that the behaviour they are engaging in is actually problematic. On the contrary, the in-game use of the term makes us believe that using the term is completely acceptable.
    Now, since I find the quest itself a humorous (albeit stupid) addition to the GW universe, I wish to propose that my character's name, Smelly Seaman, is viewed the same, stupid, but acceptable. If that isn't possible, then I must insist on the removal (or renaming) of the above mentioned quest (and the seamen in it) to prevent further problems.

Thank you and best regards.
    I am guessing they realized that it's much less work to just leave the name than to rework the game itself.
    Wow, that's a surprise. And you were allowed to keep the minor innuendo in the character's name?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast