PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

Eshenda Terrell

1. Legendary achieved

Today I finally got the gold together to buy Leaf of Kudzu from the trading post. It would have taken me a little longer, but I did have the support of guildies and friends. I did most of it myself and I'm sure that if I carried on playing the Mystic forge it would have taken me far longer. I stopped gambling on the 11th of February and it's now 28th of March so really it hasn't taken me all that long; probably about the same length of time that it took to acquire all the materials for the gifts. ...
    Categories
    Guild Wars 2
  2. Why I am no longer playing the Mystic forge

In simple terms because it's a gamble set up to be a money sink. It is designed to take gold out of the game. In any gamble, as we all logically know, the house always wins. Increasing the number of times I dump four rare weapons into the forge doesn't increase my chances to win. I have exactly the same chance on my 10,000th try as I did on my first and nothing to show for it except more chances to try by selling the exotics.

The logic of the argument for using the Mystic forge is ...
    Categories
    Guild Wars 2
  3. I'm a disabled gamer.

I don't talk about it very much, generally because it's not relevant. I have certain aids that allow me to overcome problems I have with my hands and eyesight using a computer in general. For instance I'm typing this using a speech to text program and the mouse I use is an MMO gaming mouse which allows me to play with only my right hand. I also have a Nostromo keypad which allows me to play with only my left hand. This way I can alternate hands depending on which of my hands is least painful and ...
    Categories
    Guild Wars 2
  4. All WvWvW maps complete \o/

At 8pm yesterday I logged into the game, hit 'B' to see how much of our server colour was on the circle and /cheered. I got in and mapped two of the borderlands but by the time I got into the last one the other sides had started to push a comeback, so I left with a couple of PoI's and 2 vistas left to do at about 1AM.

The highlight of the evening was provided by the red team, camping the skill point in the Centaur camp at the top right of their homeland and griefing anyone that came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. On crafting, amongst other things.

My ranger is huntsman/leatherworker. Picked without research because those two professions made the most sense to me to level as a ranger. The crafting system in this game is far-and-away the best I've encountered in my mmo life so far. There are niggles though.

There is a huge disparity between the frequency of drops of the base materials and that of the 'activators', (bone, blood, venom sacks etc) that you need. I can be sitting for ages stuck on one tier because I'm stuffed to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast