PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. All WvWvW maps complete \o/

At 8pm yesterday I logged into the game, hit 'B' to see how much of our server colour was on the circle and /cheered. I got in and mapped two of the borderlands but by the time I got into the last one the other sides had started to push a comeback, so I left with a couple of PoI's and 2 vistas left to do at about 1AM.

The highlight of the evening was provided by the red team, camping the skill point in the Centaur camp at the top right of their homeland and griefing anyone that came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. On crafting, amongst other things.

My ranger is huntsman/leatherworker. Picked without research because those two professions made the most sense to me to level as a ranger. The crafting system in this game is far-and-away the best I've encountered in my mmo life so far. There are niggles though.

There is a huge disparity between the frequency of drops of the base materials and that of the 'activators', (bone, blood, venom sacks etc) that you need. I can be sitting for ages stuck on one tier because I'm stuffed to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wv3: take 3.

My third try at Wv3 fell somewhere between the first two experiences. I went into Eternal Battlegrounds. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. It was fun in parts. It sucked foetid donkey whatsits in others. I hooked up with some other folk on teamspeak and we had a solid try at taking some territory back from the other two sides. We took Stonemist Castle back 4 times in five minutes and then held it for nearly an hour. At one point I was the only person on TS acting as eyes in the castle and ye-gods, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I don't PvP, but I might have enjoyed Wv3

I've had two experiences of WvWvW so far. The first was an exiting mish mash of players all rushing off to cap or defend a point. I followed, kept out of the red circles on the ground and got my 50 kills for the month in about 6 hours of very enjoyable gaming. It was fun, we played it like we used to play that Zerg fest horde versus alliance match in the ore-farming zone in WotLK. I just lost half my readership, but bear with me. I am coming to a fair point. It was fun. I had fun playing PvP - and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Level is irrelevant. Resistance is futile.

My baby ranger is a fully flighted level 80 now, and it has made absolutely no difference to the way I'm playing the game. I haven't finished my personal story yet (it's at level 77) but I don't feel any compulsion to rush through to the end. I'm playing her now exactly the same way that I did when I created her at the headstart, except that she has some shiny things to wear. I have the same model of bow that I found at around level 30, because I've not found a prettier model. Her gear is nowhere ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast