PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

title

description

1. I am Pointless...

I've always wanted to install Linux. I have done for about 7 years now but I've been constantly hindered by rubbish hardware (Also known as laptops).

Now that I've got my own self-built rig, I have a chance to finally get a distro installed. WOOHOO!

So! One purchase and fitting of a second hard drive later (I'm not quite comfortable with partitioning yet) I installed Ubuntu with minimal problems. Just a few cockups on my part trying to set up a user account. ...
    Categories
  2. I am Pointless...

...and there was no cake. No much of a big deal though as I seem to find cake less and less enjoyable each time I eat any.

So, anyway, what did I get for my 23rd? 100 from my parents, a 50 cheque from my granparents on my mam's side (which I'm slightly annoyed at for reasons I'll explain later) and my subscription to Retro Gamer magazine renewed for another year by my brother.

Problem is, what to spend the money on. If I buy more games, that'll only add ...
    Categories
  3. I am Pointless...

Today, after trodding to my nearest Royal Mail depot to collect what I can only assume is the 5 or so Retro Gamer Magazine binders I ordered earlier in the week ("Sorry! Try Monday." I WORK MONDAYS!!) I came home to another delivery that actually did make it: New parts for my rig.

Basically, It was just an Akasa 120mm fan (with a neat green led in it) and a floppy drive/memory card reader combi, as well as a new (and kinda expensive) USB headset. Classic.

Categories
  4. I am Pointless...

Okay, so thanks to Easter, I have a long weekend to pull my finger out and get some stuff done. Fun.

I have stuff to buy, rubbish to chuck out (Mainly boxes from the parts needed for this rig), shelves to re-arrange, films to watch and games to play, and only four days to do it. And frankly I'm not sure where to start.

I want to get some more stuff for my rig - fans and stuff - but that'll take days to reach me, I've got to buy some binders for my Retro ...
    Categories
  5. I am Pointless...

Yep. Warner chickened out and when exclusively Blu-Ray, a few others pulled out and Toshiba then threw in the towel, leaving many feeling as though they've wasted their money and a few making unreasonable complaints.

I myself have an Xbox 360 HD-DVD player, and up until Thursday only have two films for it: Transformers and Shaun of the Dead. However, instead of getting worked up about it: Hey. I'm just gonna buy more HD-DVDs. No reason to stop because the format is dead commercially, ...
    Categories
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast