PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

The frantic musings of a madman with an eye for culture

A quick note on some PvP twits

Rate this Entry
This is more of a note to myself than an actual Blog - but anyone reading it might find it interesting enough.

In one corner we have this University Professor that played City of Heroes called David Myers (aka Twixt) that 'griefed' a lot of people and then wrote up a paper on it.

And in the other we have a 14 year old boy who, back in 2001, played Everquest. He called himself Fansy the Famous Bard and it looks like he had a real hoot 'griefing' PvP 'griefers' on a no rules server.

Both are causing aggravation to other players but I find myself supporting Fansy and not the Prof.

Am I alone with this??

Who knows - but best find out.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm not exactly sure that I understand what Fansy did there, but the bits I did read on that site sound like good fun indeed.

On the other hand, griefing PvPers for scientific reasons and writing papers about them is worth it too. I didn't read any of that link though. Studies done in a lab setting are normally more conclusive, but real (or virtual, in this case) life observation can be of value as well.
    Updated 11-08-2009 at 09:45 by Lytha
    From my console gaming experiences, I know just how anoying 14 year olds can be... I'm definately siding with the professor on this one.