PC Gaming News
View RSS Feed

Interesting Stuff - to me.

At Play in the Studio

Rate this Entry
I am a studio artist, I don't generally let game and art merge, mainly because my chosen art is ceramics - and ceramics and games != a lot of common ground. Clay is slow, dirty and subject to the laws of physics and relative humidity. Games and graphics are fast, smooth, clean and by appearance defy things like melting points, vitrification and the finer points of chemistry. I have to say I prefer the dirt, I've never embraced digital art, I find it too antiseptic and I love that ceramics is happy to make me bleed, sneeze and break out in the occasional odd rash.

So maybe I am apologizing but I have been enjoying the whole War in Kryta thing enough that I made some propaganda posters. It was a lot of fun and I actually enjoyed putting the images together, a little bit of painting and a bit of Photoshop manipulation. Now, neither of them turned out exactly how I would have liked but I learned a lot in doing. So I guess I have to say thank you to the War in Kryta for providing a reason to experiment.

My posters can be seen here, along with several other wonderful Obey vs Dismantle images:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=493986
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Red bag. Make an exact dupe of the red bag that most mat drops come in.
    Hell, make a redbag mold and sell the copies. I'd buy one.