PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    quick question guys. Does the game save the DL progress when you shut it down. This will be an issue for me because i just started DLing this evening and i have about 6 mb downloaded right now. I also have a crappy 56k con.

I am pretty sure that it saves it as you go, because it should go right into the folder as its being streamed to you. Just check the mb each time you stream that way you can tell if its working or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladius_87
    quick question guys. Does the game save the DL progress when you shut it down. This will be an issue for me because i just started DLing this evening and i have about 6 mb downloaded right now. I also have a crappy 56k con.
    yes it saves its progress. I'm not entirely too sure if it saves partial files. The good news is that each file is rather small in size.

If you are able to, I recomend leaving the game client open for the next few days (and even when you are not playing during E3) as data will get streamed to your computer. This game is definately playable over a 56k modem, in fact one tester and his brother played for a few months on the same 33k modem connection at the same time, with no apparent lag.

The only drawback is getting the game data, which can take a while. Once you have the initial data the game is fine. The other advantage is that it streams to your computer even whilst you are playing.

Best thing:
    No more patches!!!

[color=yellow]~Rah[/color]
    [color=white]---------------------------[/color]
    [color=red]-=\[color=orange]Death Is Only The Beginning[/color]/=-[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfRah
    yes it saves its progress. I'm not entirely too sure if it saves partial files. The good news is that each file is rather small in size.

If you are able to, I recomend leaving the game client open for the next few days (and even when you are not playing during E3) as data will get streamed to your computer. This game is definately playable over a 56k modem, in fact one tester and his brother played for a few months on the same 33k modem connection at the same time, with no apparent lag.

The only drawback is getting the game data, which can take a while. Once you have the initial data the game is fine. The other advantage is that it streams to your computer even whilst you are playing.

Best thing:
    No more patches!!!
    I am talking about the game data itself. I have an update though. When i left my computer unattended this evening, i had a bout 25mb downloaded. I came back at 10:15 and it was no longer downloading any information, and my internet was still conected. When i closed out of the game and ran the game again, it no longer was downloading. You guys think I will still be able to play the game?

yes you can. The streaming system will download data as it tries to predict where you may go next.

It doesn't download the whole thing at once, but rather - leaving it on for an extended period of time, gives the chance for more data to download.

You can even idle in the game world in the town/outposts and it will download the game data for the missions. (recomended if you want to play in the tourney, but are on 56k modems - its 7 maps)

[color=yellow]~Rah[/color]
    [color=white]---------------------------[/color]
    [color=red]-=\[color=orange]Death Is Only The Beginning[/color]/=-[/color]

Thanks for the help guys :worship:

And now with playing the game its up to 216 mb.