PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Items in GW

Items in GW

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the suggestions forum, but i think it's more like a discussion topic than a suggestion.

We all know that items aren't gonna play as big a role in GW as in Diablo (which is good), so item finding won't be a big part of the gameplay.
    I was thinking that instead of making really rare godly items with incredible stats, they should make really rare godly items that look really really cool on your character. They might only be a little better stats wise than your run-of-the-mil stuff. So item finding will still be fun, and will reward players who spend a lot of time in the game by giving them a better shot of finding cool items that'll make their char look like an ub3r l33t m0f0

Any ideas on some cool looking shiet they could include?

How about a HUGE hammer with a Ram's Skull on top!!!

Oh wait. :lol:

I agree, when items are too godly, it has a negative effect on the community. Everyone loves character customization though, and it's less competative by nature.

I'd like to see a Tusk Axe (axe made from Tusks), or a Tusk Bow. ArenaNet seems to be pretty creative with their gear.
    "Come get some" - Bruce Campbell
    www.gwonline.net

What I'd love to see is dye mixing, based on the RGB palette - say, mix red with yellow for orange, then the orange could be mixed again, with red, to make a color in between, and so on. Basicly, an infinite amount of colour posibillities. It would also be pretty nice if you would be able to colour specific portions of a single piece of armour.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNightfall
    What I'd love to see is dye mixing, based on the RGB palette - say, mix red with yellow for orange, then the orange could be mixed again, with red, to make a color in between, and so on. Basicly, an infinite amount of colour posibillities. It would also be pretty nice if you would be able to colour specific portions of a single piece of armour.
    I think it would be cool if that idea was implemented and you could purchase it or something. Just bring your armor to a merchant and they paint it for you!

It'd also be sweet if certain magical items or items with specific stats have some sort of glow to them as well. Or maybe get a merchant to enchant basic weapons to do that. Perhaps the elementalist could have elemental enchant spells to enchant weapons or armor and give you added elemental damage or resistance similar to the enchant spell in Diablo 2.

I liked the system they had in E3 demo. If you make an item more powerfull you balance it by attaching a negative effect also. I.E. high level robe gives better mana regen but makes you take double damage from fire.

Items can be prestigious without necesserally being uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystik
    I think it would be cool if that idea was implemented and you could purchase it or something. Just bring your armor to a merchant and they paint it for you!

It'd also be sweet if certain magical items or items with specific stats have some sort of glow to them as well. Or maybe get a merchant to enchant basic weapons to do that. Perhaps the elementalist could have elemental enchant spells to enchant weapons or armor and give you added elemental damage or resistance similar to the enchant spell in Diablo 2.
    The dye system is already in place - however, I do not remember if there were only pre-determined combinations (Red and yellow mix, but red and orange don't), or whether or not you had an infinite ammount of combinations. Dyes would be found from monsters. When you coloured your armour, parts all over it would change color - but customising each part would be very nice.

I haven't gotten a chance to extensively test this, but even from my E3 experience, it would seem there are far more than basic combinations. From AN's comments, you will be able to design guild logos using tabards, and it sounds like they intend to allow you a wide variety of colors for this as well. My guess is that there will be plenty of colors to fulfill every person's inner rainbow :p.

I suppose I would be happy enough with guild tabards. Wait, I would be pleased enough with the game if we DIDN'T have any armour/tabard customisation.

Neat looking auras and glows and stuff bestowed by certain equipment would be cool. Being able to 'draw' tatoos and warpaint on your char would be a sweet bonus. Anyone ever play Morrowind? I think the Dwemer armour is one of the sickest sets in any RPG

GWOnline.Net Member
    Dwemer was ugly, ugly, ugly. Daedric on the other hand, yum.