PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    GWOnline.Net Member Clegg318's Avatar
    Posts

    50

    Just for the sake of conversation....

    I'm fiending for this game!! Anyone else feel me on that ?? lol, im sure you all are...but anyway, i was just thinking about the most fun i had in a game and realized something. Not since ultima online have i had so much fun playing a game as i did playing guildwars at the E34E! So i was just curious if you guys feel the same way about guild wars. is it the most fun you had in a game in a long while? and what was the last game you had so much fun playing...........
    Discuss while i drink another beer :drink:

  2. #2
    GWOnline.Net Member Dryyk's Avatar
    Posts

    142
    I didn't get to take part in the E34E event as I found out about GuildWars a little too late. I figured this game out from an Ad I accidentally clicked on at http://www.diabloii.net/ It was the gwonline.com website.. and I saw some screenshots and read up on it.. looked like an awesome game. Now I'm hooked.

  3. #3
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    37
    I also didnt get a chance to play the E3 demo, however I was checking out the website due to a few articles in game magazines. After reading one post about a team of testers on a mission I was hooked.

  4. #4
    Well, despite being in the Alpha, I must say that I'm "fiending" for this game about as much as you are! I'm anxious to see the game move into Beta and then on to release. I'm having a blast with it so far and I want the world to be populated so I can share it all with you! :drool:

  5. #5
    GWOnline.Net Member Clegg318's Avatar
    Posts

    50
    but chantal...are you having more fun with this game than with other games you've played in the past? Cause i loved this game more than 99% of the other games ive played....the longest i ever played a game was 1 year, and that was ultima online. judging from the E34E, im gonna say ill play GW for a hell of a lot longer than that. DAMN i love this game!

  6. #6
    GWOnline.Net Member Stabs's Avatar
    Posts

    40
    I was only casually following GW, it was just another game to me, and when E34E came out i gave it a go, after 10 minutes i thought "well this game is crap, just another hack and slack dungeon siege game". But i had nothing else to play at the time so i gave it a longer go, took me a bit of time to figure out how to get to a coop mission and i was impressed, the first GW pve mission was better than most quests ive played in rpgs. Then i tried some pvp and really saw the depth the game has now its one of the few games im really looking forward to.

    I do hope they change the initial experiance though. I must have spent ages in the SP area not knowing any better that all the fun was in doing the coop/pvp missions or even how to get there.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Clegg318
    but chantal...are you having more fun with this game than with other games you've played in the past? Cause i loved this game more than 99% of the other games ive played....the longest i ever played a game was 1 year, and that was ultima online. judging from the E34E, im gonna say ill play GW for a hell of a lot longer than that. DAMN i love this game!
    GW is most definitely more fun than any other game I've played in the past...by a LONG shot! The longest I played a game was D2 for 4 years, but it was mainly out of not finding anything else I liked and the friends I had there. I had been looking around for something else to play other than D2 for quite a while, but to no avail...until the E34E came along. It was almost like the developers could read my mind and designed the game just for me. The only part of GW that I felt very skeptical about was the PvP as I had hated PvP in every other game I had played. Now that I've tried it in GW, I'm having a blast with it! PvP isn't something I'd want to play every day, but there are so many other things to do in GW that I'm enjoying a great deal. I know that it's a game that I will continue to play for a very, very long time.

    :winner: to the devs at ArenaNet!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Clegg318
    I'm fiending for this game!! Anyone else feel me on that ?? lol, im sure you all are...but anyway, i was just thinking about the most fun i had in a game and realized something. Not since ultima online have i had so much fun playing a game as i did playing guildwars at the E34E! So i was just curious if you guys feel the same way about guild wars. is it the most fun you had in a game in a long while? and what was the last game you had so much fun playing...........
    Discuss while i drink another beer :drink:
    More fun then any game? No.

    More fun then anything out? Bloody hell, yes!

    What can I compare to?

    Well, I guess there were those good old special moments in Thief 1 and 2 that would send shivers down your spine. Or the great many games of TFC that I played. And I'm sure I can pick out a few amazing moments in ThieveryUT. But overall, for the entire game? Guildwars is looking great.

  9. #9
    Well, the game looks certainly more addictive then anything else available *right now*. But I don't think it beats classics like TFC (pun intended :P). I've never had so much fun playing games with that game then any other. I've met people playing that game over 4 years ago I still call friends.

    We'll see with Guild Wars, but IMO it's gonna beat TFC, maybe, in the long run. But I don't see that happening until a year from now.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Ben
    Well, the game looks certainly more addictive then anything else available *right now*. But I don't think it beats classics like TFC (pun intended :P). I've never had so much fun playing games with that game then any other. I've met people playing that game over 4 years ago I still call friends.

    We'll see with Guild Wars, but IMO it's gonna beat TFC, maybe, in the long run. But I don't see that happening until a year from now.
    Shame that TFC has degraded to midfield D, bridge DM, chasing, and sniperwars, though. Used to be a great server, with a no midfield D, no bridge DM, and chasing rules. Very, very fun. And the clan that ran it wasn't into "Everyone vs clan, or get kicked" games - they very much preferred mixing the teams up. *Sighs*

    Good times.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off