PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    Guild Donation Vault

    On another forum I lurk on a person had a very cool idea about a guild dontation and here I'm going to add my 2 cents to it.

    Here's a quick summary of what was said:

    A player may choose to donate and item to the Guild Donation Vault. This item can then be taken by other members of guild. However, this item cannot be sold or traded to anyone else outside of the guild. Should the person who borrowed the item leave the guild, the borrowed item would return the guild valut. Obviously this means implementing an item tracking system. In addition, the person who originally submitted the item has the option of recalling the item and will give the person who borrowed it a warning that in x amount of time the item will automatically leave their inventory and return the orginal owner.

    Personally I think this a very cool idea but will probably be a pain to implement. I definately think there should be some sort if item valut where guild member can donate any extra gear they don't want.

  2. #2
    The item tracking thing seems, if not far fetched, at least a bit advanced.

    Your idea on the other hand seems like a better and more logical thing. I would like to see that implemented as well.
    Support this site, donate and Be A Pal. Even if you don't have a credit card it's still possible to get a PayPal account.
    _______________________________________________
    "but drinkin gon tuesday night i probably bad ida" -Xora on MSN

  3. #3
    That's certainly an interesting suggestion, but it sounds as though it'd be mighty hard to implement (the tracking I mean). I'd definitely like to see a regular vault where members can dump extra items though.

  4. #4
    Well this would force a person to actual have the items on a char in his account, unless you can have more then one account per cd key in which case you can just have an account dedicated to vaulting .

    If it's the first case it would be rather easy to keep track of the items yet very time consuming for that person.

    However if it's the second you could use the sort of ingame emailing feature (or at least I've heard of something like this) to email to the handler who would keep an excel speadsheet or something similar to keep track of who ahs what.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook_Cell
    Well this would force a person to actual have the items on a char in his account, unless you can have more then one account per cd key in which case you can just have an account dedicated to vaulting .

    If it's the first case it would be rather easy to keep track of the items yet very time consuming for that person.

    However if it's the second you could use the sort of ingame emailing feature (or at least I've heard of something like this) to email to the handler who would keep an excel speadsheet or something similar to keep track of who ahs what.
    It wouldn't be a person that had the items, rather think of it as your Private Stash in D2, except anyone in the guild can access it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain
    It wouldn't be a person that had the items, rather think of it as your Private Stash in D2, except anyone in the guild can access it.
    Is there actually a private stash for each guild implemented or do you have to keep all your items on a bunch of mules?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook_Cell
    Is there actually a private stash for each guild implemented or do you have to keep all your items on a bunch of mules?
    I have no idea it was just something I thought about. I don't think people will have mules because from what I've heard (and this may not be true) you only get one account per cd-key and four characters per account. If this is true then I don't think someone will want to waste a character slot on a mule. Like I said I don't know how vaild this is so we'll have to wait and find out.

  8. #8
    One account per cd-key is probable, though I suppose not definite. 4 characters per account is completely up in the air at this point, however.

    Whether there will or won't be a guild stash is also up in the air at the current time, to my understanding. It has been stated, however, that there will be an universal account stash.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain
    I have no idea it was just something I thought about. I don't think people will have mules because from what I've heard (and this may not be true) you only get one account per cd-key and four characters per account. If this is true then I don't think someone will want to waste a character slot on a mule. Like I said I don't know how vaild this is so we'll have to wait and find out.
    Sorry wasn't trying to bash your idea, was just trying to figure out the details of how it would work. One thing's for sure, if it is possible it will be quite a lot of work no matter what.

  10. #10
    Hasn't AN already said there is gonna be a Guild Item Storage system implemented in the game? I'm sure I read that somewhere, maybe in Fansite Friday... It may not be something like Item Tracking, that would be kinda hard, but I'm sure we'll have a pool for everyone.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off