PC Gaming News

Poll: Should Voice Communications Be included in the game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Voice Communications

Since Guild wars is a PvP Based MMORPG, I think it is very important to have a way that Questing Parties and PVP parties can communicate without Typing. I have played Counterstrike and other games where Voice communications was enbedded within the game and it transformed the enjoyment factor by 100X. I think it would transform the TOURNEYS and even questing. :xsmile5:

Does anyone know if the Final Release of Guild wars will have a voice com for Guilds and teams for coordination, strat etc.

I think that with it. this game would sell even more copies ... and bring in even more players around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kregor77
    Since Guild wars is a PvP Based MMORPG, I think it is very important to have a way that Questing Parties and PVP parties can communicate without Typing. I have played Counterstrike and other games where Voice communications was enbedded within the game and it transformed the enjoyment factor by 100X.
    You must think abought this one little fact: Where these other games streaming there game straight to you? What coding problems do you think GW will have if they tried the voice chat? Also what if say you have mono and couldn't talk how well will voice chat be to you then?
    I will voit no to this idea.

I use Teamspeak and Ventrilo so I'm not voting...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobangry
    I use Teamspeak and Ventrilo so I'm not voting...
    How do they work, and what do they do? I'm considering using one or the other, but I don't really know how they work. Any help you could give would be much appreciated. If voice chat was initiated, that would be okay, but I think using Teamspeak or Ventrilo would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kregor77
    Does anyone know if the Final Release of Guild wars will have a voice com for Guilds and teams for coordination, strat etc.
    It will not have its own voice communication system in it. We have been told that it would take up way too much bandwidth if they were to incorporate an internal voice chat system.

Teamspeak and Ventrillo are both good, free programs that work well while you are playing. Our guild uses a teamspeak server.

Teamspeak and Vent both work by having a computer act as a server, while other computers connect to that server. You are then able to voice chat while playing. It works well if you have a remote computer, one that isnt used much/at all, to run the server. You can also rent servers, but they cost something on the order of $10/month, I think.

It would be nice to incorporate voice chat in for parties, it could be very helpful. However, it's something I'm willing to see cut if it interferes with the release date of guildwars any further. Ventrilo is sufficient

Coming from Counter-Strike and Half-LifeČ as being my primary games at the moment, I am completely biased towards voice-based games, and I *also* realize that the voice system gets flooded when too many people are using it. The groups of 4 would be excellent for voice systems though. You might even be able to use a Guild voice system whenever you're not in a mission or PvP, but if all the members were on, it would be pure chaos. Maybe groups within the Guilds could create channels like in Teamspeak or something if they did something beyond the 4-person teams.

The 4 person teams would GREATLY benefit from a voice system. It would help especially during battles, which is when you most need to communicate about tactics and who needs to do what, but you also most need to be controlling your character, not wasting time typing.

Voice on small scale>>>>>>typing>>voice on large scale

As long as you have less than about 10 people in a voice group, and they're reasonable people, who know when to let others talk, it would work, but anything bigger than that is guaranteed to not work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa'Rain Shad'a'lain
    You must think abought this one little fact: Where these other games streaming there game straight to you? What coding problems do you think GW will have if they tried the voice chat? Also what if say you have mono and couldn't talk how well will voice chat be to you then?
    I will voit no to this idea.

Granted.. I can see the bandwidth issue with streaming media. And can understand what it could do to the game performance. So I guess I have to get a 3rd party program to have voice communication with my Guildmates. I can deal with that. I think Team communication is IMPORTANT. Voice makes it easier.

ANd Duh! if you had mono and couldnt talk.. So what. That makes no sense to me. :xsnow: You dont have to use voice if you dont want to, plain and simple.

I Have used RodgerWilco in the past for team to team communication. Teamspeak and Ventrillo are new to me. Which one uses the least amount of resources?? Free is definitely a Magic word I like to hear. I would like to have my Guild mates d/l one program, What do you all suggest?

:xman:

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Scope
    Coming from Counter-Strike and Half-LifeČ as being my primary games at the moment, I am completely biased towards voice-based games, and I *also* realize that the voice system gets flooded when too many people are using it. The groups of 4 would be excellent for voice systems though. You might even be able to use a Guild voice system whenever you're not in a mission or PvP, but if all the members were on, it would be pure chaos. Maybe groups within the Guilds could create channels...
    The 4 person teams would GREATLY benefit from a voice system. It would help especially during battles, which is when you most need to communicate about tactics and who needs to do what...
    I play CS HL2 alot also and I agree with you 100%. I use to play RedBaron3D and we used RodgerWilco to communicate as a flight squad. We had different channels for different groups. Common sense kept us from talking over each other. Squad leaders should control their group if they do get off topic or congested. :clap:

just thought i should mention that imo this poll is really biased. There is only one answer that is not-for-voicechat and it doesnt cover what i'd like to say. First, as stated above, it wouldnt work because of bandwidth issues and 3rd party voice chat is being endorsed fully by AN. I mean, I wanted to vote that voice chat is a good thing but it doesn't need to be added.