PC Gaming News
    Distant

The Cabal is looking for a guild.

During the February beta event, The Cabal will be looking for a guild to join. Allow me to clarify what The Cabal is.

The Cabal is a very tight organization of players with broad experience across multiple MMOGs. In Guild Wars we are primarily interested in PvP and have been focusing all our efforts on developing character and party builds and behavior strategies for GvG style combat.

However, we have no interest in forming a guild ourselves. Instead we intend to attach ourselves to another guild and carry their flag into battle. All of Cabal will have to be in agreement as to which guild we join. We move as a unit. That is to say, a member of Cabal will join a guild only if all other members of cabal also join. We will leave guilds in the same fashion: all at once or none at all.

If there are any guilds who don’t take issue with our “all or none” policy, and who believe they can offer us a superior experience as we carry their banner for them, then I would encourage you to provide whatever information you think is relevant to our decision making. I will do my best to see that all members of cabal have an opportunity to read any replies to this thread and to take such information into due consideration.

As a final side note to anyone who was wondering if The Cabal is recruiting the answer is and will always be “No.”

Thank you for your time.

One thing you might want to say is how many people The Cabal is.

Distant
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_62
    One thing you might want to say is how many people The Cabal is.
    I can see how size might effect a guild’s attitude towards an independent group in their midst. The exact number of Cabal members who will be purchasing Guild Wars is an internal issue. As of this moment there are 6 of us who have preordered and will be enjoying the weekend beta event.

Additionally, I understand if a guild does not wish to publicly display information in this thread. I will be checking for private messages on this forum on a regular basis as well, if you desire a less public exchange.
    Last edited by Distant; 24-01-2005 at 08:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Distant
    During the February beta event, The Cabal will be looking for a guild to join. Allow me to clarify what The Cabal is. (skip some) That is to say, a member of Cabal will join a guild only if all other members of cabal also join. We will leave guilds in the same fashion: all at once or none at all.
    Greetings Distant,

I have read your post about joining as a group a currently established guild. I can understand why that would be a good thing with only six members. I can also say I like your commitment to eachother and that any guild would appreciate "new" members that are so tight. But I would also hope that you are able to not just see it as "carrying" this or that guilds flag. I would think that it would be more "our" flag, for if you join you would no longer be Cabal you will have changed, you will have become Cabal +. If you as Cabal, intend to always be just Cabal, even after you have "joined" another guild. I think you would be missing out. A guild IMO is all about brothership and freindship. I think if you do find a "home" that it could very well change what "Cabal" is.

That being said I invite you to look at us at Disciplined Aggression (read "Join Us"). After browsing our site and learning more of what we are about, I think it would be good to discuss this in greater detail to see if we are on the same "page". If not, I will thank you for your time and will look forward to crossing your path on the fields of battle.

Yoshi

P.S.

After reading my post and yours again Distant, I get the feeling of setting sail to Troy with Achillies and his band of Mermadins... lol. Just had to add that in.
    Last edited by DA-Yoshi; 25-01-2005 at 22:07. Reason: to add a P.S.