PC Gaming News
Page 72 of 347 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantos
    So um, anyone read any good books lately?
    A series that i really enjoyed was the Left Behind series (definately not pushin anything as that would violate forum rules. just want to make that clear)...but I think there are like 12 books in that series and I read them over a 2 month period. That for me is an accomplishment :happy53: and says something for the books as I am a tremedously slow reader.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbsb
    Cantos, anything by R.A. Salvator... check it out if you like fantasy (Drizzt FTW!)
    Good man. I just finished reading his new one, Promise of the Witch King(no Drizzt, just follows the assassin Artemis Entreri) and its really good. Salvatore always keeps me coming back for more. :happy34:

Also one of my favorite series is The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman (creators of Dragonlance world). Its a very good 7 book series.

Quote Originally Posted by IBeJebus
    Good man. I just finished reading his new one, Promise of the Witch King(no Drizzt, just follows the assassin Artemis Entreri) and its really good. Salvatore always keeps me coming back for more. :happy34:

Also one of my favorite series is The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman (creators of Dragonlance world). Its a very good 7 book series.
    I like the death gate cycle... found that they kind-of gave up near the end of the story tho... just kept introducing more powerfull creatures. The ending was a total cop-out .

Gotta love the idea behind the whole series tho... apparently we have similar taste in books :happy34:

Ian Irvine, View from the mirror series (in order they are: A Shadow on the Glass, The Tower on the Rift, Dark is the Moon, The wya between the Worlds). Has to be my favourite series to date. There's then a followup series of which starts with the book Geomancer.

I'm after a new series after I re-finish this one, maybe I'll look into Salvator....
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    I
    I'm after a new series after I re-finish this one, maybe I'll look into Salvator....
    youll have a lot to look into... hes written close to 16 books about Drizzt alone, plus a few other Forgotten Realms books and a few others.

Well so far Zero is the only one who has recommended something I havent read already. :(

Well so far Zero is the only one who has recommended something I havent read already. :(
    Not a great series but, I liked them; if they can be found.
    E. C. Tubb
    Dumarest of Terra series
    Published in the 70's (I don't know if they have been reprinted.)

You might want to check out Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series. Quite an interesting 7 book series. You might also like his Bio of a Space Tyrant series as well. Then there is his Xanth novels which are also pretty good. :happy34:
    Mordakai Slivermoon R/E 20(Asc)-Agamarus Slivermoon Mo/Ne 20(Asc)-Morrigan Shadowbane Ne/Me 20(Asc)-Naomi Lowenhardt Me/W 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    You might be familiar with border guards that'll let you cross over for a simple payment, but I assure you that you couldn't pony up enough money to enter my undiscovered country if you tried.

I liked the Coldfire Trilogy by C.S.Friedman

- Black Sun Rising
    - When True Night Fallss
    - Crown Of Shadows

Ah, books - finally a topic I can post an opinion on. ;)

Authors I've really enjoyed reading are:
    - Steven Erikson: Malazan Book of the Fallen series (I think that's what it's called). - Wonderfully complex with many plots and subplots, but without the tales being messy or hard to follow.
    First book: Gardens of the Moon.

- Melanie Rawn: Exiles series. - Set in a world where women are the dominant gender. About two mage factions at odds, sort of.
    First book: Ruins of Ambrai.

- Janny Wurts: Wars of Light and Shadow series. - Beautifully spun tale about two brothers and matters of what is good vs evil.
    First book: Curse of the Mistwraith.

Those are books that I wouldn't hesitate to suggest to anyone, the following only for those that don't mind graphic descriptions about, uhm, (painful) physical experiences of a professionally amourous nature (oblique, I know - ask me ingame or something for more details).

- Jacqueline Carey: Don't think the series has a name, but the books are, in order: Kushiel's Dart, Kushiel's Chosen and Kushiel's Avatar. - Set in a country where "love as thou wilt" is the general motto, an unlikely heroine becomes involved in a political plot against the throne.