PC Gaming News
Page 107 of 347 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3465
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortshd
    Is this about "talk softly and carry a big stick"? (Oh...and good luck)
    I didn't see it on the list detailing the course aims, but maybe I'd better ask the teachers to be sure it's not part of the course...

Am I invited to the party as well?
    Mordakai Slivermoon R/E 20(Asc)-Agamarus Slivermoon Mo/Ne 20(Asc)-Morrigan Shadowbane Ne/Me 20(Asc)-Naomi Lowenhardt Me/W 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    You might be familiar with border guards that'll let you cross over for a simple payment, but I assure you that you couldn't pony up enough money to enter my undiscovered country if you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbsb
    *figures a change of topic may be nessessary*

Soo did anyone check out the new gw site yet? It's pretty sweet looking... and they are using the screenies to TEASE us... I want more BWE's NOW

Wow...nice call.

Woo, Connection backup and working, FAST connection working...speedy comp up and running, downloads runnign at stupidly high speeds. What else could one want after returning from a crapyp weekend at work? :D Oh right, lager...

*search*

Ah Ha!! Anotehr crate of 20 chilling next to the window....Good times!
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

So uh, Zero ... whose idea was it to add that ticker tape at the top of the page? It hurts my eyes really bad. Any way to turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiegDivine
    So uh, Zero ... whose idea was it to add that ticker tape at the top of the page? It hurts my eyes really bad. Any way to turn it off?
    It was probably Rushster. I find it annoying and useless as well.

EDIT: Woo... this 6,500 post count sure looks nice!
    Last edited by Diab; 06-02-2006 at 02:49.

Anyway to vote on kicking the ticker tape out of the site?

You all smell profusely.

Now, theres one thing that angers me about the new Guild Wars site and Guild Wars marketing in general. Why is everything so oriented on sexual appeal. The men get very little focus, and they have all but abandoned the thought of of male characters as spokespersons and have instead opted to go for half naked females.

Mhenlo and Aidan, oh, and the original Warrior before Devona...the warrior thats still seen on the original Guild Wars box (one side has the Warrior, the other side has Eve...). It seems to me that Aidan has been phased out, given several make overs in game, and having his ingame character now look distinclty different from his graphical wallpaper depiction. The female ranger has already been made a wall paper.

Whats the deal with sex being the driving factor behind Guild Wars marketing? The first Factions glimpse? It was of a half naked female assassan named what, Nico? And I don't even remember what magazine that was, though I know it wasnt one I had really heard of...if memory serves it was actually a magazine devoted to the sex appeal of female characters in games..... If thats not just a silly rumor I am recalling, and it is truth, it makes me very jaded with Guild Wars. Whens the last time the game itself was advertised or showed off without a half naked chic involved. Check out the different pages at the new site. Hello beautiful woman staring back at me from the top right of every corner. This is the crowd they want to appeal to. Why not just say 'Omgwtfbuymenoob' across the top of the main site, that seems to be the target audience.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the work and the detail in the images. Very proessional. But I detest the theme. I'm so sick and tired of the 'sex sells things' attitude, and just have this strong impression that Guild Wars marketing has really adhered to it.

Gurrr. I'm on a ranting rampage.

*throws knives at metroid*

Actually Tsume you are correct, the original article was in a "nudie electronic girl" sorta magazine... I remember reading about it in the community forum.

I also agree, they are putting way to much emphasis on the female models rather than the male ones (it may be because most of the male models are awful in game tho...)

Meh I don't really care for the whole sex sells campaign, but it's not like it affects my enjoyment of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsume
    <snip>
    This is the crowd they want to appeal to. Why not just say 'Omgwtfbuymenoob' across the top of the main site, that seems to be the target audience.
    They NEED to do this it would ROCK!

Edit: am I the only one that likes the ticker? I mean if you don't like it just scroll down a little so it's not visible, but I think it's pretty cool