PC Gaming News
Page 215 of 347 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3465
    7:30 and I'm sitting at Uni catching up on my Modding, not a way to spend your last few days up here but hey, I shouldn't go out tonight, got alot of packing to do tomorrow (apparently I'M supposed to be doing that )

Here's hoping I get a positive call from the shop tomorrow telling me everythings now fine with the comp /Pray :p
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Well, my server pulled a Zero today. No lightning or anything "cool" like that but either the video card or the AGP port fried. It was hard locked when I got home tonight. The video card was one of the first AGP cards from like 1998 so I don't really feel bad about it burning up.

I put an old AGP GeForce 2 MX card I had laying around in the server and it booted but had a bunch of graphical artifacts. I then reseated the card and cleaned all the contacts and the artifacts went away. I still got a bunch of AGP errors from the kernel (Linux system) on bootup though so I'm not sure if the AGP port is bad or if it's just because I didn't have the NV (Nvidia) drivers compiled into the kernel. I suppose I could test the old video card in another computer. If it works then it must be the AGP port. The cards so old it probably isn't worth the effort though.

I ended up just throwing an old PCI Matrox Millenium card in. As sad as it is, even a Geforce 2 MX is massive overkill for a server that is command line only (no GUI). Best of all since it's a PCI card I don't have to worry about the AGP port!

After replacing the video card and getting the server back up and running (had to resync the RAID array) I discovered that Comcast (bastards) changed my IP address again so I had to update my DNS records to get my web site and webmail working again.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

*crosses fingers*

Martian

Wow, one of those days eh?
    hmm, you dont pay to keep your ip static? If not, ive heard that in general every time the server is shut down you get served a new ip on it. Though I could very well be 100% wrong on that.

---------------------
    Lmao, I have this addition to my browser that gives temperatures and such to me in Miami. I was looking over in its general direction and I notice a flaming thermometer image... (you know that cant be good .)

its expected to peak in the 90s today~~ w00t.

It's been raining where I live for about 2 weeks now... my backyard has a pool in it that actually has waterbugs and those plants that grow around ponds growing... but the sick thing is 2 weeks ago there was no pool in my yard

So temps of 90 would be amazing

*throws knife at met*

*kicks martians PC for good measure*

Quote Originally Posted by Parker Bsb
    It's been raining where I live for about 2 weeks now... my backyard has a pool in it that actually has waterbugs and those plants that grow around ponds growing... but the sick thing is 2 weeks ago there was no pool in my yard

Woohoo!!!!!!!! Parker's having a pool party!!!!!!! Everybody go to Parkers house.
    *puts on speedos, inflatable duck and some arm floater thingys*

Quote Originally Posted by ArbainHestia
    Woohoo!!!!!!!! Parker's having a pool party!!!!!!! Everybody go to Parkers house.
    *puts on speedos, inflatable duck and some arm floater thingys*

Lmao.
    Trust me Parker, you do not want 90 degree weather. The car is broiling, and outside it is terribly hot (and since this is miami, we have very high humidity as well). Not fun.

Rain is fun tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Metroid_01
    hmm, you dont pay to keep your ip static? If not, ive heard that in general every time the server is shut down you get served a new ip on it. Though I could very well be 100% wrong on that.
    Comcast uses Dynamic IP's however your IP lease is tied to your hardware MAC address so since I use a hardware router that is always on (I even have battery backup for it as well as my modem and server) I get re-assigned the same IP address every time! The only time my IP changes is when Comcast decides to move me to a new subnet or when they screw up their DHCP server(s). Last night it was the latter. I think I'm going to look for a Dynamic DNS service as Comcast has been having a lot of DHCP issues recently. That way I won't have to manually updage my domain names every time my IP changes.

Martian

I don't care how your days have been to be perfectly honest simply because I'M BACK! Net system is working and everything! Room's all moved about nicely to accomodate the essentials ( a bed, the computer and a stand for my sub/xbox[still not working] and printer]. Course my clothes are now not in my room, but I rarely use them anyway

Zero's back baby! ^_^
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

WOOT! FINALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Zero's back baby! ^_^
    Alright, lets start the betting:

How long until Zero spills a drink into his computer and puts himself out of commission for another few weeks?

[Nay] is currently recruiting, click here for more info

Be a PAL, all the cool kids are doing it