PC Gaming News
Page 266 of 347 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3465
    Quote Originally Posted by Minelle Tempest View Post
    And most importantly, Zeph, is it OT?
    Quiet, Min. ._." This is like death itself! NO GUILD WARS! I can't just wait for it to come back! I mean, what if it NEVER comes back?

So I'm guessing no one else is having connection problems? Apparently ANet hates me. *crai*

EDIT: So it still hasn't come back up. Maybe this is some higher authority telling me to get up off my bum and study for exams. Sigh... oh well. Tomorrow's the last day of school anyways.
    Last edited by ProjectZephyr; 31-05-2007 at 22:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Zimmy View Post
    I don't think the guantlet has been thrown...rather, I think Min is just teasing Matt. Something like: "Here's something to look forward to...it's just 2 weeks away!"
    Must. Not. Comment. On what. Comes. To. Mind. Children. About.

I've had such an exhausting few days, Some stuffs going on IRL that probably shouldn't be posted on the net for anyone to read so I'll say what I've been doing but not why :p

Two days ago (tuesday) I spent about 5 hours packing up alot of things kept at my dads old place. This meant my room there and also then clearing the loft (attic). Now over the last 20 years I've kept many things that mark alot of stages of my life, including all the school work we were allowed to keep from my very first year of schooling (so thats 18-19 years worth of random bits of work[mainly dads thing not mine but its nice to look back on it all]). As well as alot of toys and collectables.

I had a corner of the loft dedicated to just my things for this reason. So Tuesday was spent looking through what was worth keeping/throwing and then moving it from the loft, to the landing, down the stairs and eventually into the huge transit Turbo charged van we're using. At the end of the day the van was full (and seriously its a huge van, its bigger than my room that I'm living in...not that thats all to difficult, hell the bathroom is bigger than the room I'm living in right now).

Today was spent sorting through everything that was in the van. Again Keep/throw and also "give to charity shops". We started at about 11am and finished at around 7pm. Lots of lifting, rebagging, arguing and laughing were given/received all day long (thankfully we also left on a high note as I found in the last boxes some awesome things). The vans now parked outside with the remainder of my things that I'm keeping and also what he's keeping of his own. The backs filled with about 8 bin bags for the tip and another 6 bags for the charity shops (already given 3 in earlier ). I have about 10 boxes/bags that I've got to shift into the loft tomorrow day time and then I'm done

Squeezed afew more things into my room here (though its abotu ready to burst in some cases) including my old (and still working) Game Gear+all its games, afew awards, books, posters etc. Been fun but very tiring. So now its 23:53 (11:53 pm), I'm rambling in an OT thread, and I still need to wind down from everything. Sleep wont hit me for a while -_-

I'm still on a high from finding a really really really rare LP from when I was little that I've thought was lost/broken for over 10 years now. I want to paly it but I'm too scared the old machines gonan scratch it to pieces lol.

/ramble ramble ramble
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

That's the thing I love about sorting through old stuff. You find some really sweet swag. Clothes, games, old keepsakes, whatever. By the time you're done, you feel like you've got all this new stuff, but really it's just old stuff being rediscovered! It's like Christmas without all the money being spent. :p

Oh, and vinyl FTW.

--------------

On a sadder note, I got on GW for about 3 minutes, and by the time I said "hey jeremy" I was disconnected... *cries in the corner* I HATE YOU, ANET!

OMFG OMFG AS I WAS TYPING, I LOGGED ON!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I feel complete again.

EDIT: Sigh. When I clicked "Post Reply" I got disconnected again....

._____."

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii
    gah Zeph ... try to bribe some guys who work for your ISP man =)

oh and Zero, I know this feeling ... this is good sometimes to make a break, sort your old stuff (yeah I'm a pack rat too), donate for those in need, find some item useless for the masses but an item which means lots of things for you ... I love these moments even if they may be heartfull ... oh well thats life anyway =)

cheers!

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Wow Zero - sounds like an exhausting yet rewarding yet emotionally tiring week.
    Glad to hear it ended on a high note.

What was the LP?

At last; records have arrived again. (Not those shabby imitations they make now-a-days.)

There are still places that make nice record players Also many record price guides/list will not be up to date or fully accurate.

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org...BB2&file=index

Quote Originally Posted by 1SG Bowie View Post
    At last; records have arrived again. (Not those shabby imitations they make now-a-days.)

There are still places that make nice record players Also many record price guides/list will not be up to date or fully accurate.

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org...BB2&file=index
    I think we're getting the old one repaired/restored Bowie but thank you ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by thusley
    What was the LP?
    The one I got excited over yesterday was my very first record. Limited/First Edition Turtles album (was and still am classic turtles mad, alogn with sonic *cough*) its got like the original sound tracks and some other things on it. I was sure it had gotten broken or thrown over all the house moves I've gone through over the years. However while moving the stuff from the van to the loft today I found aload more records scattered throughout boxes and such. So I hunted down out LP carrier thing and put them all in there. There's some really really rare ones in there now that are worrth a fair amount of money so I'm going to clean the entire thing out to make sure it cant damage any of the covers (cause well, they're in mint condition too ). Other than the rare ones I found my moms and dads favourite band albums (things like UB40, who tehy knew before they were famous etc) they thought lost (moms decided to keep them) and also Single from when my sister was in High school. Now, its not a highley known song or band but its pretty special to us. The band somehow ended up recorded the song at the school and she's singing on one or two of the songs with some other students. Her pictures on the cover too.

Found a couple of Albums too that I never knew existed. I really cant recognize some of my family members in them (mom, sister in some cases). The albums were also thought lost so people are pretty happy about that.

I didnt get much sleep last night, was pretty restless so when I was called to come help with the van I was walking about with Hazey vision and a headache untilit was done, surprised I didnt fall over to be honest :p When it was finished I snuck bak into bed, seems to of helped to get another few hours sleep, can atually see teh "new (old) posters I've put up on the little bits of wall I still have free.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

Smile My condolescence

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectZephyr View Post
    On a sadder note, I got on GW for about 3 minutes, and by the time I said "hey jeremy" I was disconnected... *cries in the corner* I HATE YOU, ANET!

OMFG OMFG AS I WAS TYPING, I LOGGED ON!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I feel complete again.

EDIT: Sigh. When I clicked "Post Reply" I got disconnected again....

._____."
    That reminds me of my Survivor.

Remember the "connection speed" circle, the one that goes green for high speed, orange for slow connection speed, and red when it gets temporarily disconnected.

Well, because lag can mean death to a Survivor, I had the brilliant idea to stick that lag circle right in the middle of my screen, so I'd see it turn orange or red and use that as a warning to move away from danger. But everytime it turned red in the middle of a fight, my heart would skip a few beats.

So apparently, my vital functions were being controlled by that little circle.

Ouch!

So, who has something exciting to share with the rest of us? I mean, it surely can't be so that nothing OT has happened in several weeks? Or is the answer simply that people have been outside enjoying (or cursing?) the summer weather?

For myself, I enjoyed the English weather far more than the current Swedish weather (and I've only been back home less than a day). In my opinion, partly cloudy days with maybe light rain are far far more pleasant than the constant barrage of sunshine we get here...

Oh, and the company was far more enjoyable and entertaining over there...

Heh - our OT has been quiet hasn't it! Glad you are back btw!

Mako had knee surgery last Friday. They cut out meniscus (or something like that) and then drilled holes in the bone around his knee because (to put it their way) it looked like it had been smashed with a hammer sometime back.

Softball - my team is 3 (wins) & 1 (lose) and have been playing one man down due to "no shows" on game night. It's still fun though.

My son...is growing up...

That's it for now...

Master Zimmy W/x20 | Oasis of Restoratio Mo/x20 | Ms El Ranger E/x20
    Spirits of Zimmy Rt/x20 | Genesis of Zimmy P/x9
    Proud GuildMaster of Dii and Rep of The Order of Truth
    Come see my Wiki Page