PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 347 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Cool

Fry's is a retarded name for an electronics store, and yes I live in EST. Best Buy, woo!

But.. my friend was telling me after about 18 months or so the battery dies completely and you have to send it in for something(forgot what she said o_o) and it'd cost 200$ more. SO! Theres a little pickle, i don't know if its true so.. yes :eek:

I've got a 20GB Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen. I have a 600 CD collection burned to MP3 that I wanted to be able to take with me. I bought this model because it I've had good results from Creative Labs products (go-go Sound Blaster) and I wanted to avoid supporting the Apple machine. The one I have requires a special software install to transfer music or files, but the newer ones come with a driver that allows you to use it just like an attachable hard drive. I've read of some power problems, but they were usually associated with a blow to the player. Just like the iPod, being a hard drive, it's best not to put them through to much stress and they are more succeptable to skips from motion than memory based systems. After loading a ton of songs on it, the only thing I'd recommend is using the manual reset to restructure the drive. It takes a while to do, but cuts way down on the access times. The only problem I have with it is that I need 60GB to fit all of my songs...

I've also gone and aided that problem by picking up a Kenwood receiver that has networking capabilites, allowing me to play MP3's on my home stereo over my network. I missed shipment from UPS on Friday, so I'll have to take time off from work on Monday to wait for them to try again. I sure miss a lot of Mondays at work. Any one else lack the motivation to go to work after a weekend? I'm quickly becoming legendary for it...

It's been a while since I've been to a Fry's, but back 3-4 years ago, Best Buy whooped the crap out of it. But the deals going on at Best Buy have been subversively creeping away since then.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) • Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) • Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) • Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) • Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) • Conjure Blame (PvP)

WOW you guys have a lot on here! I just had my first cup of coffee! :) We own a Nomad. Its a small one, and fits just enough songs for nate to listen to on his way to work. (He rides a motorcycle) We haven't had a problem with it. (Just FYI) My advice would be to shop around. After all you have every store at your finger tips. If you want an "IPod" to say you have an "IPod" then get the "IPod" :D

True music comes on LP’s not that digital stuff.

I've heard that the I-Pod's battery needs to be sent back to the company or brought to one of their locations or a store where you bought it. There, they'll replace it for you for $99. You can also get a 2-year warranty (on top of the year-long one that comes with it) for $54, but I'm not sure as to whether that covers the battery as well. If it does, it makes no sense buying just the battery for more of a cost.

Favorite types of music: Trance & Techno (I think these are electronica), Drum & Base, and some Rock.

What do you do with so many gigs of music? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty
    What do you do with so many gigs of music?
    What else? Listen to it!

No really, I hate the radio and crave diversity in music, so I've built up quite a collection over the years. Of the 600 CD's, I'd say there are only 10-20 that have a low probability of being listened to again. I listen at work, in the car, while on the computer, sometimes while I'm sleeping...

On that's correct, on the CD's I can't hear all of the cracks and pops that are so important in the LP's... ;)

Right now, I'm really in a Emo / Indie kind of fix. A bit of Interpol, Pinback, and a band with one of the coolest names ever, ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead.

Added: Oh, and last time I checked, I can play 21 days worth of unrepeated music off of my hard drive now. :p
    Last edited by Phaeax; 27-02-2005 at 19:52.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) • Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) • Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) • Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) • Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) • Conjure Blame (PvP)

i can't find the nomad anywhere on the sites i usually sue to shop online but from the quick google search its very similar to the zen touch. Guess thats cause its the same makers... well you've given me another one to look for, must say the nomad looks nicer just have to find out the cost of it now.

Raph/Zero

Edit: found one on amazon, says its 30gig but seems to have less life and for some reason says it can only store 8k songs where-as the 20gig zen touch can store 10k...odd
    Last edited by raphiel20; 27-02-2005 at 20:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    So many of the druids have moved on, out OT thread overthere has slowed to a crawl.
    heh, i remember back when Nali had that druid-made avatar, and could not get rid of it until the OT reached like 100 pages (it was already in like the 60s ^.^) :P...i always liked the one he had before that though.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeax
    Right now, I'm really in a Emo / Indie kind of fix.
    Yay Emo. WOO! Personally i only have like.. 10 cd's? Yep.. pretty sad.. but i get tired of them fast so i switch them around and go back to them in a month or so.