PC Gaming News
Page 62 of 347 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    B&W wasn't to bad up until around mission 3 where it got extremely repetative. By then your creatures pretty much huge, has learnt all your spells and know's how to behave. With the pet really being the only thing that kept the game interesting for me (because the missions were repetative "i lost my dog...my cats stuck in a tree...that bolder's blocking my view of the ocean..." ).

B&W2 I htink is going to have the same problem, I'm only in the 2nd or 3rd mission (can't remember which) and thats from playing it for about 4 hours on the first day I have it. The mission's are still pretty simple and from reviews they stay that way. And the enemy AI isn't all that great...Guess this ones going back on the shelf :p
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

It was fun tombing with some of you guys. I hope we can do this more often when not much is going on either side.

Here's the screenshot, but it didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped. But the floating minion is still worth while!

You are obviously mistaken. That can not be a minion; only the great one himself can walk on air.

As more proof of this you can even see that he has that not only has he placed his mark on the chosen ones but, he has also remade them into his own image.

It was always know that the great one valued inner beauty over all else and, he has removed not only his own skin but, also that of his followers to demonstrate this. As far as I know; it has never been said that, the great one had good taste.

... yes in that case... then I must obviously be mistaken.

I feel I owe Dii an apology. Everytime I am invited to GvG with you, I decline. Understand that I appreciate the offer but I do not want to risk a loss on your ranking if I suddenly dropped as Undead and Plotksi witnessed last time they GvG'ed with us. I took a time out from all GvG matches and I always feel bad when I decline invites from other guilds, I really enjoy the experience playing with other guilds, getting to know their playing style and just having fun.

These sudden drops really ruin it for me, I don't want to ruin it for you. On my free time, all I do is tomb so if ever you see me online and need an extra, feel free to message me.

I've asked several friends and places about this issue but no one has figured out this problem yet. Here's the gist of it.

I have random disconnections. When I disconnect, I get reconnected right away. But that slight moment drops me off Guild Wars and TS. (rejoin function please -_-) These are truly random. I used to think maybe it's TS or even Guild Wars causing it, but a few days ago, I tomb'ed for a whole day without having the slightest problem. Then I dropped in my first GvG with SoW of the night. What's funny is that it's only my computer that suffers from this. My mom or my dad's comp are totally fine while I am pulling my hair out. Or sometimes when I am doing homework listening to SomaFM (good acid jazz internet radio), I find myself deprived of its soothing melodies.

I am thinking it's either the router, the connecting wires (my computer is the furthest from the main computer), TS (maybe?), bad day/bad luck, another issue that I am unaware yet. I am getting pretty frustrated by it, I've changed ISPs twice now, got my phone line fixed 3 times, really don't know what's going on.

I am back with Sympatico, the most stable connection I had so far. Not only do they provide a modem, they now provide also a wireless router to go with it. I am going to set up sometime soon and see how it goes. I just bought a new harddrive, I am going to have a clean install of everything. I am trying to cover the bases.

If all that doesn't work, I'll be setting up my computer to be the main network.
    Last edited by ~Kazama Fury~; 03-11-2005 at 05:37.

Sigh, good game scrub, we just left in courtyard because you dropped, and let FoSa win.

GvG again sometime, lets hit rank 30 at least. As much as I enjoy being stuck at rank 69, it is getting old

Kaz, if you're having connection problems, I'd say a wireless network would likely cause even more problems. I have one myself, and some computers, even the one that's in the neighboring room, is sometimes having problems connecting to the wireless network sometimes.

I'd also suggest that you might have spy/adware on your computer, but you'll find that out when you reformat (or use a new HD). Some spyware can be undetectable and/or unfixable by programs specialized for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kazama Fury~
    I feel I owe Dii an apology. Everytime I am invited to GvG with you, I decline.
    That's ok, these sort of things come and go. Garbad came and GvGed with us instead and was giving us insider info when we fought XoO! Dont tell anyone though or he might get in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hunter Syndrome
    Sigh, good game scrub, we just left in courtyard because you dropped, and let FoSa win.

GvG again sometime, lets hit rank 30 at least. As much as I enjoy being stuck at rank 69, it is getting old
    What the heck, stalking me now?
    Speaking of dropping.... atleast I came back! You didn't! We managed to take down a pretty decent team being down one offense (the game was still waiting for you to load, so no henchie replaced you). The next team we lost miserably because we ended up spreading so apart, I wasn't even sure why that happened. Oh and a heads up, your guildies are planning to de-throne you in.... 5...4...3....

Quote Originally Posted by Diab
    Kaz, if you're having connection problems, I'd say a wireless network would likely cause even more problems. I have one myself, and some computers, even the one that's in the neighboring room, is sometimes having problems connecting to the wireless network sometimes.

I'd also suggest that you might have spy/adware on your computer, but you'll find that out when you reformat (or use a new HD). Some spyware can be undetectable and/or unfixable by programs specialized for that.
    The reason why I want to change to wireless is because it would address the issues that the wires might be the problem. I guess the other way is to change the wire but that involves a lot more work. I remember I had the occasional similar drop before, but not as frequent as now. I really don't know when this started or what triggered it.

I really do hope it's software oriented, but what kind of spyware would actually cause the PC to suddenly drop? Every morning my computer boots up, it is scheduled to do a simultaneously routine virus and adware scans. So I guess it might be one of those undetectables, but again, I don't see why it would trigger a drop? I tried different ways too, such as turning off ZoneAlarm, or the internal XP firewall, nothing worked. Exasperating! It just feels someone is just cutting me off when I actually need the stable connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantos
    That's ok, these sort of things come and go. Garbad came and GvGed with us instead and was giving us insider info when we fought XoO! Dont tell anyone though or he might get in trouble!
    It better come and go, it feels I've had this problem all my life. :lol:
    It's sort of like you constantly cough and you don't know when it started and why it hasn't ended. Then suddenly one day, it's gone and you don't even notice, but you are damn happy about it!

Hahaha, Garb... He gets himself into more trouble than I could follow anyway. :uhhuh:
    Last edited by ~Kazama Fury~; 03-11-2005 at 14:56.

Kaz, it could also be your cable modem. I had an issue with random drops then I put a trace. Sure enough, once a while there were a bunch of lost packets shown in the trace. I replaced the cable modem and never had any lost connection since. (By the way, at that time I had the Xbox and PC connected to the same network, the Xbox constantly had the lost connection but not the PC even though they were all connected at the same time). Get the tool from pingplotter.com and run for a long period (I let it ran overnight) to track the problem.