PC Gaming News
Page 75 of 347 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IBeJebus
    Homeland, Sojourn and Exile are the three your thinking of. All really good books and as Parker said, Drow are very interesting. Dark skinned Elves banished by the other Elves for how evil they are. They are manipulative,scheming,cunning, creatures who are only interested in advancing their own goals.

OMG!!!! My clients are evil elves!

LOL the way you describe it... I think most people I know are drow :lol: ... thanks for verifying the names of the books :happy34:

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbsb
    LOL the way you describe it... I think most people I know are drow :lol: ... thanks for verifying the names of the books :happy34:
    Hey its the truth. Read the War of the Spider Queen series if you havent yet. Its a 6 book series thats all already out. The Idea for it is Salvatore's but the books are written by 6 different writers. They deal entirely with the Drow and is set largely in Menzoberranzen and other areas of the Underdark. Not about Drizzt at all but very good series. :happy34:

Quote Originally Posted by IBeJebus
    Hey its the truth. Read the War of the Spider Queen series if you havent yet. Its a 6 book series thats all already out. The Idea for it is Salvatore's but the books are written by 6 different writers. They deal entirely with the Drow and is set largely in Menzoberranzen and other areas of the Underdark. Not about Drizzt at all but very good series. :happy34:
    I guess it is time for me to start making a few weekend trips to the local library again. R.A. Salvatore is one of my all-time favorite Authors. I will read anything by him without even having seen or heard any reviews of his work. A very AWESOME writer. :worship:
    Mordakai Slivermoon R/E 20(Asc)-Agamarus Slivermoon Mo/Ne 20(Asc)-Morrigan Shadowbane Ne/Me 20(Asc)-Naomi Lowenhardt Me/W 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    You might be familiar with border guards that'll let you cross over for a simple payment, but I assure you that you couldn't pony up enough money to enter my undiscovered country if you tried.

Hehe war of the SQ? I'm waiting for them to be avaiable in soft cover (if they are PLEASE let me know!)... I can't afford hard cover books... and quite frankly it ticks me off when I have to wait a year for the next book to come out (remember how long it took to print sea of swords anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbsb
    Hehe war of the SQ? I'm waiting for them to be avaiable in soft cover (if they are PLEASE let me know!)... I can't afford hard cover books... and quite frankly it ticks me off when I have to wait a year for the next book to come out (remember how long it took to print sea of swords anyone?)
    The first five are in paperpack for sure. I dont think the sixth book is yet as it came out not too terribly long ago, but the rest of the series is in paperback already.

All this talk of elves etc is driving me mad. I haven't read a fantasy book including elves/dwarves/etc in a looooong time (actually last was LOTR about 6 months ago). I kinda got tired of the clique approaches...Not to mention in some books issue's such as magic have little consequences to the user.

*points to Irvine* which is why I like this guy so much. Want to use the secret art? (magic) well be prepared for the worst after sickness of your life (think a hangover after about 3 days drinking...) Or as-in the latest series as people are using the secret art in a different way, be prepared to possibly fry yourself, your brains and the person your using it on :/

I've kinda moved on from hte elves etc lately. The only book that seems to grab me is LOTR because of the indepth history the thing has (same goes for the snippets you get from Irvine and certainley for the history+schemes+events from the Herbert family). I should probably expand my horizon's though and read some more author's. I'm well over-due while waiting for the next Irvine book :p

Problem being I'm about to spend a good 80 (about $150) on books for university alone....then there's christmas....and the money i just took out to pay for the computer....oh and step-moms birthday..argh *collapses and begins to sell blood to raise required funds*
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    I should probably expand my horizon's though and read some more author's. I'm well over-due while waiting for the next Irvine book :p
    Well, duh - I told you to read Steven Erikson's books almost 6 months ago... So why haven't you? Hmm? :mad71: Well, what are you waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Problem being I'm about to spend a good 80 (about $150) on books for university alone....then there's christmas....and the money i just took out to pay for the computer....oh and step-moms birthday..argh *collapses and begins to sell blood to raise required funds*
    Well.. here are the simple solutions to those problems:
    Uni books - library or second hand book stores
    Christmas - homemade stuff ftw! :D
    Birthday - see christmas.

Well, there you go - all your problems solved without a single drop of blood spilled. ;)

I've read a few stories or parts of stories and have heard many good things about the stuff in The Dark Library and the diinet Fan Fiction forum. They're free, too!

And on that note, here is a link to a pretty good fanfic that I have found:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=374982
    Mordakai Slivermoon R/E 20(Asc)-Agamarus Slivermoon Mo/Ne 20(Asc)-Morrigan Shadowbane Ne/Me 20(Asc)-Naomi Lowenhardt Me/W 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    You might be familiar with border guards that'll let you cross over for a simple payment, but I assure you that you couldn't pony up enough money to enter my undiscovered country if you tried.