PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

March Character Discussion

Hey guys! So I got to play with more of our new people (still working on getting to everyone), but I'm making this thread to discuss characters. If you'd like, we can move this into the private forum, but ATM I dont think that is necessary. So I am very interested in what people experimented with as far as characters and skills go, and feel free to list your setup and we can help you out if you're looking for input. So what did we like and dislike that we tried???
    Spirits of War - a Guild Wars Guild.. Always looking for active and experienced PvP players, PM me for more info!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
    Five Dollar Holler | Melee Warrior | Undead Behlial | Six Six Six Visions

I tried out a necromancer this weekend. It was pretty cool. I am not sure if I really know what I am doing with it. But it seems fun to curse someone. Hehehe. So what are some of your fav spells? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl25
    I tried out a necromancer this weekend. It was pretty cool. I am not sure if I really know what I am doing with it. But it seems fun to curse someone. Hehehe. So what are some of your fav spells? Anyone?
    This is a good place for it. I think it is good publicity for the guild as well.

My best part of the weekend. Going into that last gvg all dead (see Gwen thread) and holding the Hall of Heros for 4 rounds! Hot damn that was cool and well done. I played a good monk I think. Favorite skills? Have to be healing seed. There is nothing like standing there with 3 warriors beating on you and you are full life. For 18 seconds, you are invincable.

Next, traps. I laughed everytime I caught Zero setting traps. He would then whiper on TS, "Scott, run to me" and watch everyone go up in flames. hahahaha, classic.

WARNING ^^^^^the "Posting and You" movie under Xircons signature has cussing in it. Don't play it when the kids are standing right next to the computer and watching what looks like a cartoon... OOPS.. I'll watch it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl25
    Well, I have always said and will always say, when you create a character, create the character. What is your goal for making this character? PvE or PvP? Support, defensive, or offensive? Solo character or team player?

We all know by now I am a PvPer. I plan on creating builds that rely on others to work, such as an assassin for Guild Lords. I will need someone to compliment my build.

So Elvengurl, necro and what other profession? I'm sure we can toy with some skills (maybe in the a-l-p-h-a ;) ) and get you a fun character that suits your playing style.
    Spirits of War - a Guild Wars Guild.. Always looking for active and experienced PvP players, PM me for more info!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
    Five Dollar Holler | Melee Warrior | Undead Behlial | Six Six Six Visions

Cool

I will never get over the fact of how cool the assassin build was. Anyway, i can't decide what i tend to play more of, or what i want to focus more on, PvE is just so entertaining and cool but its the same thing over and over, and then PvP is so much fun and exciting and theres always something different going on each time but it becomes so overwhelming when the battle goes on for two hours. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadBehlial
    Well, I have always said and will always say, when you create a character, create the character. What is your goal for making this character? PvE or PvP? Support, defensive, or offensive? Solo character or team player?

We all know by now I am a PvPer. I plan on creating builds that rely on others to work, such as an assassin for Guild Lords. I will need someone to compliment my build.

So Elvengurl, necro and what other profession? I'm sure we can toy with some skills (maybe in the a-l-p-h-a ;) ) and get you a fun character that suits your playing style.

I am totally addicted to the fire ele. When I play anything that is the first thing I start.. and usually what I play most of the time. I'd like to be able to play everything though. I've started everything but a monk. I don't want an entire team relying on me for thier health yet.

I don't want to play this game by myself. I don't think that'd be too much fun considering I am a people person and like to talk :) So my main characters will be PVP. (I will play through the game with a PvE character when my hubby returns) I have a great time running Tombs, although I've never tried the Gladiators Arena.

My problem with the necro was i didn't seem to do enough damage, and I ran out of mana (I do that often). I'll really need to fiddle with it. Any help would be appreciated. I'll stop talking now. :)

I really like the Mesmer most of all, especially with monk as a secondary.

I tried a PvP build, but didn't get to play it much because of the crashes. I think it would be a pretty interesting idea, though:

Monk/Warrior -- Basically, a paladin.

Uses Warrior skills as primary, and monk enchantments as secondary. People will usually go for me first, since I'm a primary monk, but I'll be happy to greet them with my sword. :D

His name was "Diab The Healer", but he didn't have any healing spells at all. It was just a test of how effective a confusing (to opponents, I mean) build like that would be.

I've really enjoyed the Mesmer. It's really the anti-anything line. You can't do well against everybody, but you can do really well against a specific target.

My PvE character was a Me/E that focuses on DoT and keeping targets on the ground and from casting spells. The character seemed adept at taking down all the enemy healers quite quickly.

I briefly tried a PvP W/Me that used sword attacks that caused conditions, followed by Epidemic and "Victory Is Mine!". Timed and executed well, it was an enormous healing boost and tide shifter.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) Conjure Blame (PvP)

I always play a warrior monk. This weekend I changed my character up a bit though from a warrior whose primary purpose was to kill casters while being able to keep himself to a warrior who can deal a lot of damage over a short time and with a greater focus on healing party members rather then myself. I made him more of a team player and it seemed to work well in guild battles.