PC Gaming News

Bug: Expert salvage kit

i salvage like 11 long sword and never got steel from them...

I noticed that myself. Unlike the February BWE, this time all I got from my "expert" kit was ordinary crafting materials.
    -Lisa Jonté
    Coreopsis: A Guild Wars webcomic

i salvaged 2 piercing axes and they both gave me steel!
    - Malverik of Lothian

the kit was brand new or was from the last beta?

mine was buyed in this beta..

rch

wish we could buy one

Quote Originally Posted by M-Totenkopf
    i salvage like 11 long sword and never got steel from them...
    My girlffriend and I, have played in the last two BWEs. We have checked w/ every outfitter we could find and not one of them had the (Expert) salvage kits. I figure must of required earlier BWE experiance so as to have LA on map? :confused:

u will find the expert kit in lion arch....

WNxSilversaint
    this beta was better for me, i salvaged about 9 - 10 steel from swords found in ascalon, lol, and also, i salvaged a long sword from the seaboard for 2 steel, an axe for an axe grip and loads more!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by WNxSilversaint
    this beta was better for me, i salvaged about 9 - 10 steel from swords found in ascalon, lol, and also, i salvaged a long sword from the seaboard for 2 steel, an axe for an axe grip and loads more!

i wonder if its a bug only to others and for u dont apply, for us didnt work.

Wesley Of Florin
    Quote Originally Posted by WNxSilversaint
    Yep, I was able to salvage steel from most of my useless weapons that I found. Sometimes 2 steel, 5 iron, grips, hafts, pommels, etc. It got to the point where there must have been a glut of rare hammers, 'cause nobody was interested in any of mine, which is why I salvaged them :p And it seems that almost EVERY outfitter had an expert kit. Of course, I was usually in the later towns and cities like Lion's Arch and beyond...
    Last edited by Wesley Of Florin; 25-03-2005 at 20:02.

It depends on what you are salvaging. Where were you getting your longswords? If it wasnt around Ventari or further, you wont get anything particularly special.