PC Gaming News
Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Hi everyone. I'm a long-time (3+ years) player of DAOC and I picked up GW to give it a try. I had actually tried one of the BWE's but (oddly) I didn't like it, probably because I tried playing a Ranger (my DAOC class) and it felt so different I got turned off.

Well, after another year of DAOC I was ready for something different, and now I'm loving playing my Mesmer/Monk. Actually, I can't get enough of GW. Here's to second chances! :surprise:

Hi y'all,

just wanted to drop by and say hello! Just got into GW recently (by buying the game, of course), so I was looking for a nice place that might help me get started, and well, your place seems just nice enough ;)

As for me, I'm Austrian, I'm a student of law at Vienna University right now, however mostly occupied with some of my hobbies which include Heavy Metal (all kinds of it, even the weird European stuff with all the dragons and elves and such in their lyrics, like Rhapsody, Blind Guardian and so on :D ), RPGs (I guess my first game was Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past when I was about 10 years old, and I've been an addict ever since), only recently also some RL RP-Gaming (Rolemaster, AD&D), reading, writing... all kinds of stuff.

My (only) in-game char (so far) goes by the name of Ser Darnath, an El/Mes combo... As I've only started playing like 2 days ago, he's only on lvl 8 so far.

Feel free to hit me up anytime on e-mail, ICQ, AIM, and of course Guild Wars (though as of right now I've only roamed the Euro-Servers so far). I'm thankful for any new people I can meet & for the tips they might give me, heh.

So long, stay heavy
    S.

hi guys, i got guild wars couple days after it was released, and ive been following the games progress with interest well..since foverever lol.

Anyway glad to be a member of these, it haseto be said very nice and helpfull forums(where else would i have found out where to get hundred blades?? lol).

My main atm is a W/Mo, im currently playing on the Euro servers so if anyone wants to meetup and go pvping or something, name is Eragorn Tempest, :D

mezzanotte

Red face Oooh... nice place.... sweet, I'm home. :D

Howdeh :D

Been browsin' the site and the forums for a while now, looking for a nice place to chat at. This place looks rather comfy, so methinks I'll stay a while, hopefully no ones minds. :winking47

Anyhoo... I only bought gw like 4 days ago (i think), and have been addicted ever since. I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and I'm addicted to smilies and strangeness in people, as well as people with a sense of humor or some kind.

*waves*
    T'is a pleasure to meet y'all. ;)

edit: oops, forgot
    i play on the american servers or whatever (though I gather that may have been obvious based on my location, but, I dunno lol)...

I technically don't have a main char yet... because I get to a certain point, delete and start over again :p Whenever I do, I definitely would love to quest n' what not.. hehe

Hello, Like many other have mentioned I am thuroughly addicted to Guild Wars. My in game names are:

Daomeon Carthan - Healing Monk
    Val Caitan - Ra/Me
    Virili Deatrum - Ra/Wa
    and a El/Me that i can't remeber the name of.

If any of you have played along side me drop me a line here or in game. I am by the way might be looking for a new guild. I am currently in a guild with friends and family, literrally, but there is not enough of us to get the full aspects of GW and for me to enjoy the PvP to its fullest. This is the first game that I have enoyed PvP and whats more enjoyed playing a monk. Thanks Anet :happy14:

GWOnline.Net Member
    Just saying hello and to say if you see me in game as John Woodstriker (W/N) give me a hand cos I'll be struggling no doubt! :howdy:

What am I doing here when I could be playing? :happy34:

Welcome everyone to our community here... I hope you enjoy yourself!

SuggestiveName! I'm disappointed to find that you haven't laden the Community Forum with sarcastic comments yet; you get on that if you can pull yourself away from the game for long enough.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) Conjure Blame (PvP)

hello. i'm new, bella bobba ingame

tex
    hey yall....I'm a prospective buyer of this game......but IDK, im having a little trouble finding out what i need to know to sway me in one direction or another. Ive decided to list some questions that i have about the game

1. theres no monthly fees right? does this mean that there is very little updating going on?
    2.what are the system requirements?
    3.is there any real point to this game at all?
    4.are the players in the game friendly and helpful towards the n00bs? i come as a hardcore Halo addict and they are less than nice to the poor little n00bs. will i be killed for expressing ignorance?

thats about it for now...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tex
    1. theres no monthly fees right? does this mean that there is very little updating going on?
    2.what are the system requirements?
    3.is there any real point to this game at all?
    4.are the players in the game friendly and helpful towards the n00bs? i come as a hardcore Halo addict and they are less than nice to the poor little n00bs. will i be killed for expressing ignorance?
    1. No monthly fees, however, I believe that there's more updating than WoW.
    2. http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html#support
    3. You can do either Player vs. Player or Player vs. Monsters, or both. That is the beauty that is Guild Wars. There is a storyline in the PvM.
    4. In any game, you'll have idiots, but for the most part, I find Guild Wars players to be quite courteous.